• This topic has 7 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

😮 This is highly disturbing!

By the end of the century, two out of three people living in Europe will be affected by heat waves, coastal floods and other weather-related disasters, largely due to global warming and climate change, according to a study published Friday in the journal Lancet Planetary Health.
    That’s 350 million people in 31 countries subjected to an increased risk of death and health hazards.

Overall, weather-related disasters are expected to cause 152,000 deaths a year in Europe between 2071 and 2100, jumping from 3,000 weather disaster-related deaths a year between 1981 and 2010.

The caution comes as a deadly heatwave dubbed “Lucifer” spreads across Europe. Authorities in several countries have issued health warnings and temperatures have been registered as high as 47C, fanning dozens of forest fires in Italy, France, Spain, Macedonia and Albania. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/deaths-year-climate-change-global-warming-extreme-weather-events-2100-150000-a7877461.html
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/04/health/climate-change-weather-disasters-europe/index.html

Anonymous

Apparently the Global Cooling phenomena is gaining traction in some countries as a result of reduced solar flares in upcoming years.  I am a skeptic of that particular phenomena, it seems to have gained more traction in UK media than down here in Australia.  

We had a very large drought here in Australia that probably lasted from 1996 to around 2010, however, rainfalls have recovered since then and so has our dam storage levels.  Melbourne dam levels dropped to 25% by 2009, and has since recovered to around 60% now.  As a result, we have had to build water desalinization plants for future water supplies.

I think clean water supplies will be a major issue in the years to come if global warming occurs as predicted, wars may even be fought over it.

Anonymous

I just checked temperatures for Slavic Countries. It is 34c in Sofia, Bulgaria and 39c. in Skopje, Macedonia right now! My state of Michigan should be quite warm for this time of year, yet temps are in the high teens (c). It is weather like we have in October. Very strange. We have also had very violent rainstorms with massive hail all week.

Anonymous

@GLK >I think clean water supplies will be a major issue in the years to come if global warming occurs as predicted, wars may even be fought over it.

I also can believe that could occur.

Anonymous

Keep in mind Sofia’s pretty much surrounded by mountains, so it’s usually one of the coolest cities here.

Anonymous

I think today we’re 40 degrees, tomorrow we’re 43.

Anonymous

Some of the global warming studies are predicting that snow fall in Australia will decline substantially, it already has since the 1950s (some 30-40% reduction) in one report.  

Some are even saying that if the global warming projections come true by end of this century there will be no (or very little) snow on mainland Australia.  

We have peaks here above 2000m, and ranging from 36 to 38 Degrees Longitude (South).

Anonymous

@glk I always hoped desalination  plants got more investment,  seems like a no brainer
        Agriculture will have to be reformed drastically for the water levels to not be strained. With the amount of luxury produce and ranching we do,  water is definitely  at peril.

Anonymous

@Shaokang  😮 How are you staying cool? 43! is crazy.

Anonymous

@Karpivna I became black :D

Anonymous

@Shaokang where are you? 

Anonymous

@zasiedko I’m not sure as well. My GPS tells me I’m in Central/Southeastern Europe but my eyes tells me its some African savannah.

Anonymous

@Shaokang haha well best of luck staying comfortable 

Anonymous

People die. Untold billions will die from causes other than natural disasters until the year 2100.
    @NikeBG “coolest” in summer. Coldest in winter :D
    Still, concrete jungles tend to turn into ovens in June/July/August

Anonymous

@Karpivna Do you peeps use metric system along with the imperial over there? 😮 Well I know that you count calibers in it (i.e. 9mm) but degrees Celsius? :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.