• This topic has 7 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Anyone ever see a movie called shadows of our forgotten ancestors? 

Anonymous

Nope never heard of it…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Anyone ever see a movie called shadows of our forgotten ancestors?

what's it about?

Anonymous

Here is the Wiki page on the movie.

Anonymous

It is a Soviet era movie about  group of hutuls in the western Carpathians.  The are two warring families who have two kids fall in love and plan to wed.  The girl drowns in an accident and the boy marries another girl, but still pines for lost love.  His wife tries to use a wizard to win back his love.  He is enraged and kills one of wizard's friends with an axe.  The wizards attacks him with a spell and he hallucinates about yhe ghost of his true love.  Then he dies as she grasps his hand

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Here is the Wiki page on the movie.

I keep wanting to "like" your comments Slavicmuse… lol… that is not you know Facebook has completely permeated and taken over my brain…

thanks for the rusyn memes too, added <3

Anonymous

no, i have never heard. btw, its eastern carpathians

Anonymous

Ok my mistake

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I keep wanting to "like" your comments Slavicmuse… lol… that is not you know Facebook has completely permeated and taken over my brain…

thanks for the rusyn memes too, added <3

I'm just as bad with wanting to like things. LOL

Anonymous

Funny thing is that this whole movie plot sounds like a possible real life scenario among Carpathian folk  ;D

Anonymous

Yes seems beautiful but I'm sure life was tough especially during the winter

Anonymous

I've seen it. I posted this movie in 2 topics on Slavorum: http://www.slavorum.com/index.php/topic,451.msg19573.html#msg19573 and http://www.slavorum.com/index.php/topic,1742.msg26641.html#msg26641. I consider "Shadows of our forgotten ancestors" a masterpiece. The landscape, the costumes, the characters, the story, everything makes it one of my favorite movies.

I have to say that is one of the movies that I can call it art. Sergei Parajanov is a master of cinema.

Anonymous

I have learned one thing from the first 15 minutes of the movie.  Don't piss off a Hutsul with an axe in his hands

Anonymous

I have seen it also,it is very very very good!!!!Here is the link to watch it on Youtube Shadows of our forgotten ancestors (1964, w/English subtitles)  <br /:)” title=”>:)” class=”bbcode_smiley” />

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • GOGA
  • Piachu
  • кошка
  • Nexius
  • Jan Pat II
  • slovborg