Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:

I remember watching this on Bosnian TV ;D

Anonymous

Sokurov's tetralogy about corrupting nature of power; 3 biographies of 3 different dictators and one free interpretation of  "Faust", based on Goethe's and Thomas Mann's novels.

Moloch (Молох, 1999)- focused on life of Hitler; I'm really sorry that I couldn't find a trailer in english or russian. Note (taken from wikipedia): For production, Sokurov employed Russian actors from Saint Petersburg to shoot the film, but their voices were later dubbed by German theater actors from Berlin.
    Молох / Molokh (1999)

Taurus (Телец, 2011)- focused on life of Lenin:
    Телец часть 1/2

The Sun ( Сóлнце) from 2005- about Japanese Emperor Shōwa (Hirohito)
    The Sun – Trailer

Faust from 2011:
    "Faust" Trailer

Anonymous

Other "Faust". This one is by Czech director Jan Svankmajer and it is inspired by : The Faust legend, Goethe's Faust and Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. The result is a surrealistic movie, full of metaphors and unusual.

FAUST Trailer

Anonymous

Does anyone know the name of the Serbian movie with the gypsies who get married? Groom is really tall and bride is midget, and someone falls into the outhouse?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Does anyone know the name of the Serbian movie with the gypsies who get married? Groom is really tall and bride is midget, and someone falls into the outhouse?

Black Cat, White Cat – 1998, one of the popular 'gypsy wave' movies.

[img height=260]http://www.altcine.com/moviesphotos/photo/Black%20Cat%20White%20Cat%203.jpg” />

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Black Cat, White Cat – 1998, one of the popular 'gypsy wave' movies.

[img height=260]http://www.altcine.com/moviesphotos/photo/Black%20Cat%20White%20Cat%203.jpg” />

Ah, thank you! 

Anonymous

Kandahar – one of the best russian movies I've ever seen.
    Кандагар (Трейлер) Kandahar (Trailer) 2010 HD

Anonymous

Bulgarian tragic-comedy; typical Balkanik:

Hindemith trailer English

Anonymous

In my city is now an international film festival (mainly european movies :) ) and I saw today in the moring a masterpiece. It's name is Cooking history and is made by Peter Kerekeš, a Slovakian director. It is half documentary: there are interviews with military cooks from various European armies. In this way the movie managed to describe different mentalities and the problems which are between different countries. I was surprised to see how many shades, what stories and what observations are in the speach of those cooks. Half of the movie is with cooks from Slavic countries.

Cooking history – english trailer

Anonymous

Údolí včel / Valley of the Bees (1967)

The story takes place during second half of 13th century in Bohemia. Ondřej, a young boy who loves bees, is introduced to his new mother, a woman much younger than his father. Ondřej plays a joke on her, however his new stepmother is not pleased. His father, infuriated, nearly kills him. Upon seeing what has he done, the father promises the Holy Virgin to dedicate the boy to her if she spares his life. Ondřej survives and is raised in the Order of the Teutonic Knights, where he is mentored by a devout knight, Armin. But one day, an extraordinary event makes him doubt the Order and remember where he came from.

UDOLI VCEL (Valley of the bees)

Anonymous

I'll post Slovak movies that I like the most. They are based on books/folk tales.

Ako divé husi –  Triptych of one family of a Slovakian Juraj Kypús.

AKO DIVÉ HUSI – extract 1 (Slovak movie)

Málka – The love affair between chief shepherd and young maid Málka which ends up with the death of Málka. A Slovak movie Málka was made by the story Málka by prosaist František Švantner, main author of the Slovak naturalism.

MÁLKA (Slovak movie)

Zuzanka Hraškovie – It's about a young girl who loses her mother and gains a new stepmother. This stepmother beats her and Zuzanka doesn't accept her as a mother. In the end Zuzanka runs toward a grave of her mom and then she wants to wash her feet in a brook. She slips and dies in the brook. It's based on a poem by Pavol O. Hviezdoslav (19th century).

ZUZANKA HRAŠKOVIE (Slovak movie)

Popolvár, najväčší na svete – a movie based on a Slovak folk tale. It's about a princess Lásky Kvet who loves gems and young peasant Popolvár who saved her from a cave in which she was trapped (she was attracted to the gems there, but a demonic ruler Zemetras of the Stone valley confined her in the cave).

There are only these scenes of Lásky Kvet on youtube:

Slavic princess

Tisícročná včela – a saga of the family Pichandovci. Magical realism elements.

Tisícročná včela, 1983 (trailer)

Knieža – historical drama about the Prince Pribina, ruler of Nitrian principality ( http://www.slavorum.com/index.php/topic,546.0.html ) in the 9th century.

Anonymous

Many people in Russia will agree that the movie The Quiet Don (Тихий Дон ) is one the most recognised movies from the Soviet era. The movie is based on the book written by Mikhail Sholokhov who was awarded Noble prize in literature in 1965. Sholokhov was born in the land of Don Cossacks on the Don river, southern Russia.
    The movie deals with the life of the Cossacks living in the Don River valley during the early 20th century, from 1912 through to the Civil war. There is a triangle love story, Don Cossack cavalry taking part in World War I against the Germans and Don Cossacks fighting the Bolsheviks in southern Russia during Civil war.

The movie was released in 1957.

Сватовство (marriage proposal in Cossack village) starts at 23:40

Тихий Дон 1958г. (1/6)

PS You would need to know the Russian language well to understand the movie or watch it with subtitles. The Don Cossacks spoke southern dialect of the Russian language which I personally like.  :)

Anonymous

Viy aka Spirit of Evil  (Вий)- 1967

The movie is based on story by Gogol, inspired by Ukrainian folklore; this is the first horror film made in Russia.

Viy (1967)with English subtitles Pt.1

Viy (1967)with English subtitles Pt.2

Viy (1967)with English subtitles Pt.3

Viy (1967)with English subtitles Pt.4

Viy (1967)with English subtitles Pt.5

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yuri Ilyenko – Naperekor vsemu aka Zivjeti za inat aka Defying Everybody (1972)

Here the movie Naperekor vsemu, if someone wants to see it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Here the movie Naperekor vsemu, if someone wants to see it.

Thank you very much :), I'm just sorry that I can't understand what they are saying, but fortunately the images are strong enough. I like very much the threads that you started about Serbian cinematography and Bulgarian cinematography.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Drizzt
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Shnickstara89
  • LCaine
  • Petko (the pet store)