• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My grandfather came I believe from the eastern region of Poland. Besides that I have no information as he passed away when my father was 15 yrs old. If anyone knows of any info of my heritage it would be great . New to this site so hello all

Anonymous

Could it be a transliterated or Anglicized form of Ząbek? Assuming he immigrated to an English speaking country

Anonymous

lol, can't imagine what would happen to the guy if that was here  ;D

Anonymous

I was wandering the same thing,because my grandmothers last name was changed at Ellis Island. My father did know that peice of family history.

Anonymous

I have been trying to teach myself Polish,for when I was growing up my parents used  Polish as a way of talking to one another so my brother and I could know what they were taling about. Back to the possible name change I came upon that form and ask my father but he could remember if it was changed. In all fairness he is 84  and his mind isnt as sharp as it used to be. Again any information is appreciated.

Anonymous

My mothers father came from the former yugoslavia,his name was Miodrag Ivanovich

Anonymous
    Quote:
    My mothers father came from the former yugoslavia,his name was Miodrag Ivanovich

He was most probably Serb (Never heard about Croat Miodrag)
    Here is source in Serbian, about all peoples in ex Yu with such surname. I guess you could not understand
    https://sites.google.com/site/menicanin/ivanovi%C4%87
    Do you or your mother know more about him.?

Anonymous

yes my mother is still alive and remembers many things about here father. i would love to find any relatives still in europe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Jan Pat II
  • GOGA
  • Glockamole
  • jorgos
  • CivilixXXX
  • kony97