• This topic has 11 voices and 36 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Katie-in my world every one is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!!!!

So I thought since I keep seeing people advertising Veganism I would advertise my opinion on this whole thing. Apparently I am a evil sadistic heartless bastard for enjoying a good steak.

Hippies.. They have this stupid idea that suffering is not normal, and that everything should just be about rainbows and sunshine. Without suffering and negative things there would be nothing to contrast the goodness of life with. Suffering is a necessity, and is not abnormal or unnatural. No PAIN no GAIN. That is just the reality of life. They put way too much attention into suffering. No one is going to die a nice and peaceful death. Nature gives and nature takes. What was taken must be returned, and the process of returning your minerals back to the earth is never painless.. well unless you blow your brains out with a shotgun, but even then you'll feel a split second of pain.

You cannot put too much value and take the material world too seriously, it is only temporary. From the perspective of infinity that period of time that some consciousness suffered is miniscule, and so much value and focus on these things should not be placed. I for example in my Vedic faith do understand that I share the same consciousness with the creature that I am going to slaughter and that when I do that to any conscious being I do it to myself (from the perspective of our higher self God Svarog or Brahman, the source that all conscious beings souls return to after death). The reason I don't put so much value into is because things that mean a lot to us in the Material world suddenly don't seem so important in the spiritual world. From the higher spiritual perspective of the Creator that suffering means nothing, it is all a GAME, a simulation.

LIFE IS A GAME, so stop taking it so seriously.. Go along now and keep role-playing the character you have chosen for this reality.

P.S This is the photo that has inspired me to make this post.. I found it on my facebook wall.

Anonymous

Vegetarians are truly sick people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmK0bZl4ILM

We kill our food in the most humane manner – they scald it to death and peel it, puree it, chop it into little pieces.
    Sometimes they even devour it alive.
    They do that to living things that can't even run away or defend themselves and only to them (way to go you heartless bastards)!
    You be the judge who's more ethical.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Vegetarians are truly sick people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmK0bZl4ILM

We kill our food in the most humane manner – they scald it to death and peel it, puree it, chop it into little pieces.
    Sometimes they even devour it alive.
    They do that to living things that can't even run away or defend themselves and only to them (way to go you heartless bastards)!
    You be the judge who's more ethical.

hahahaha that's some funny ass shit

Anonymous

Are not plants,  fruits and vegetables alive?  So we all kill something to eat.  The idea that a vegetarian is morally superior never made sense to me.  Now I shall cook some turkey bacon for breakfast!

Anonymous

Meat farming doesn't seem sustainable to me though. Because first of all;
    You need  a very large area for the actual animals.
    Secondly, you need an even larger area to grow food for those animals.
    The human population is growing at an alarming rate, and because of that fact, meat farming just isn't sustainable in the long run.
    Instead of wasting that land on raising animals and growing food for them, we could use it ALL to grow food for ourselves.

Anonymous

Igor , meat won't be a problem. If we are truly running low on supply then the price will merely increase and the price of grown food will decrease. This will naturally change peoples' eating habits if necessary. We don't need a central authority telling us what to eat and not to eat. ;) As such what a lot of these Vegans would love, LAWS against non-vegan consumption.

Anonymous

I'm not a vegetarian and I eat much meat, but I must disagree about what you said about forbidding of meat eating. Human attitudes towards many subjects change, as with the morality. Slaves-keepers also wanted to say "we don't need a central authority telling us what we can have and what we cannot". In the past one winning a war has the right of plunder, nowadays such events are rather discouraged and punished. Morality changes.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Meat farming doesn't seem sustainable to me though. Because first of all;
    You need  a very large area for the actual animals.
    Secondly, you need an even larger area to grow food for those animals.
    The human population is growing at an alarming rate, and because of that fact, meat farming just isn't sustainable in the long run.
    Instead of wasting that land on raising animals and growing food for them, we could use it ALL to grow food for ourselves.

It's growth that isn't sustainable. Instead of eating grass, I'd start thinking about getting rid of the competition.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's growth that isn't sustainable. Instead of eating grass, I'd start thinking about getting rid of the competition.

Guinea Pigs are easy to care for, don't need lots of room or food and taste like pork.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I'm not a vegetarian and I eat much meat, but I must disagree about what you said about forbidding of meat eating. Human attitudes towards many subjects change, as with the morality. Slaves-keepers also wanted to say "we don't need a central authority telling us what we can have and what we cannot". In the past one winning a war has the right of plunder, nowadays such events are rather discouraged and punished. Morality changes.

The fact that many people believe morality is subjective and shifty gives way to real evil. In almost any instance I cannot see the initiation of force as a good thing. I cannot see how it can be universalized and make sense. It's simply not possible.
    Make a moral rule ' Everyone ought to shoot everyone else' then that implies that if you are currently not shooting someone you're being immoral. And not everyone can shoot everyone else because one side has to be doing the shooting while the other is being shot. Makes much more sense to say 'Everyone ought not shoot everyone else  – except in extreme cases of self defense obviously-' It's a moral rule that can be universalized while not coming to the absurd conclusion that everyone is immoral just be virtue of not doing anything.

How is slavery comparable to eating meat? Have we sunk this low? Anyway , slavery was naturally being phased out. Every single place that had slavery except the southern United States was phased out without war and it was beginning to fail in the U.S. before the North invaded the South. Ironically , Capitalism destroyed Slavery or was destroying it. Slave production could simply not compete with capitalist production. I mean , for all the evils people accuse capitalism of , it sure is interesting that it crushed slavery.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Guinea Pigs are easy to care for, don't need lots of room or food and taste like pork.

The problem is fundamental here: growth is exponential, ability to exploit new resources is limited, hence the maximum size of any population is determined by the availability of resources. In other words, someone will always go hungry.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The problem is fundamental here: growth is exponential, ability to exploit new resources is limited, hence the maximum size of any population is determined by the availability of resources. In other words, someone will always go hungry.

How about grasshoppers, grubs and ants?  All good sources of protein and in plentiful supply?

Anonymous
    Quote:

How about grasshoppers, grubs and ants?  All good sources of protein and in plentiful supply?

From the perspective of a lone survivalist perhaps. In terms of productivity they'd be lower than cattle, by virtue of being much smaller.

Anonymous

Rodv has a VERY good point.

Why do we insist on eating mammals and birds? they take up more space, grow slower, and eat more.
    We could instead breed various insects and eat them instead. In many African and Asian countries, a lot of people prefer this to eating "meat".
    Meat, in my opinion, is overrated.

I never said we would eat grass.
    We could use the land to grow fruit and vegetables, and I'm sure you knew that's what I meant.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We could instead breed various insects and eat them instead. In many African and Asian countries, a lot of people prefer this to eating "meat".

Be my guest mate! ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • kony97
  • Tujev
  • 'las