• This topic has 11 voices and 50 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Alright , I noticed I've been bumping heads with a couple forum members here. I want to stop it. I seriously grow tired of the same old South Slavic bickering. We always tend to notice more differences than similarities between ourselves and it gets back to always the same old arguing and disagreement. Look you can blame me if you'd like it doesn't matter. This is a Slavic forum and we are all Slavic and should put that into consideration when we start to offend each other. I swear , the internet is so bad with the Croat and Serb communities constantly bickering between each other about EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. I'm not innocent of this either , sometimes I find myself falling into that same trap. Truth is , and this is to Dalibor and Cvetinov in particular , we may bicker here but in real life I would probably by you guys a drink. People may tell us we're supposed to be 'enemies' but I see us more as natural friends than anything. I far enjoy hanging out with my Slavic friends more than American and that includes Slavic Serbian friends. We speak the same language and have virtually the same customs. We also know a lot of the same songs. Politics and religion divides us and I'm just sick of it. The biggest enemy to Serbs , Croats , Bosniaks , and possibly all Slavs isn't each other , its those politicians that ruin the people , steal money , kill ambition , profit from other peoples' suffering and then in the end would sell you out for a little bit of money.

We could talk up a whole history lesson but how will that in any way benefit our people or the Slav community as a whole? I just see it as fruitless. I don't care if Zimbabweans were Tvrtko's ancestors or King Tomislav was Chinese, what matters is today. Honestly I worry about the low birthrates of Croats AND Serbs compared to filth like Albanians, the expansion of Islam , and all the thievery of the politicians. That's what matters. I honestly consider Serbs and Bosniaks more like brothers since we are so similar and all the other Slavs as close cousins. Sure we may bicker but I had enough of the constant division.

Dalibor , Cvetinov , or anyone else. I apologize for getting you guys worked up. Let's move forward.

Anonymous

Finally some positive words! Thumbs up, brother  ;)

Anonymous

So be it. Afterall this forum should bring some unity among us and not division. It really has no point to – as we would say – "iskati dlako v jajcu" in every post written. Some of us here are really sick of how topicks get ruined by quarrels or somehow just change the thema. Afterall we're all gentlemen (I hope) – and ladies of course. ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So be it. Afterall this forum should bring some unity among us and not division. It really has no point to – as we would say – "iskati dlako v jajcu" in every post written. Some of us here are really sick of how topicks get ruined by quarrels or somehow just change the thema. Afterall we're all gentlemen (I hope) – and ladies of course. ;D

I wish I knew Slovenian. I always thought it was a cool language. When I went to Maribor I spoke in Croatian and amazingly everyone understood me without a problem. Then they would respond in Slovenian and I tried to be as polite as possible but I couldn't really make out everything they were saying , especially when they talk fast. I felt bad, I should know more being a guest there. Slovenia is a little paradise, I could even see myself living there.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Finally some positive words! Thumbs up, brother  ;)

Thanks. I'm just sick of it. We south Slavs have this problem we have to overcome. I don't know the whole feeling of Czechs and Slovaks towards each other but it sure seems a lot better than our nasty grudges. I'm envious of you guys

Anonymous

Well, the main issue is we cannot bring up a historical topic without introducing disagreements. Obviously all sources written after the break up of Yugoslavia are biased, common sense. Of course, so were the Yugoslav sources, but they did not dwell on hate. The 80's kids learned their history from these sources so a whole generation of Yuogoslavs was raised to hate their kin. This is the unfortunate truth. We can't even agree what to call our language. What can we do to change this?

This is a forum for slavic unity, why do I encounter so much hatred when I mention any idea of Yugoslav unity? I don't neccessarily mean another Yugoslavia, as I do live in reality.

Xekoslav, well said brother. Živ bio.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, the main issue is we cannot bring up a historical topic without introducing disagreements. Obviously all sources written after the break up of Yugoslavia are biased, common sense. Of course, so were the Yugoslav sources, but they did not dwell on hate. The 80's kids learned their history from these sources so a whole generation of Yuogoslavs was raised to hate their kin. This is the unfortunate truth. We can't even agree what to call our language. What can we do to change this?

This is a forum for slavic unity, why do I encounter so much hatred when I mention any idea of Yugoslav unity? I don't neccessarily mean another Yugoslavia, as I do live in reality.

Xekoslav, well said brother. Živ bio.

I 100% believe in the idea of Yugo Slav unity. But Yugo Slav is different from Yugoslav as weird as that sounds. We can never be politically united if we are not united in the commons so to speak. We are all south Slavs ( that's what Yugo Slav means as I'm sure all the Slavs here are aware) but that includes Slovenes ( unless they want to be West Slavs , I have no problem with that since they fit the bill for that too) and Bulgarians as well as all the ExYu people.

Communism united a part of our people but that unity was held together by force. Real unity comes when no force is necessary. Yugoslav shouldn't be a replacement title for Croat , Serb , Bosniak , etc, but rather a companion title. The idea is not to stamp out our individual Slavic groups but to place them in a broader concept of Yugo Slav unity and then an even broader concept of Slavic unity. We are strong people as Slavs , hell , we are Europe , or at least half of it ;). When Serbian becomes a synonym with Croatian ( or Bosniak or any combination) then we know we've gotten somewhere.

Anonymous

I read it just now. Sorry for continuing. I will stop arguing about Medieval Bosnia.

Anonymous

I don't think anybody take it personal arguments to heart.  We all are on the same side.  Think you guys need to give each other a brotherly hug and have some drinks

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I wish I knew Slovenian. I always thought it was a cool language. When I went to Maribor I spoke in Croatian and amazingly everyone understood me without a problem. Then they would respond in Slovenian and I tried to be as polite as possible but I couldn't really make out everything they were saying , especially when they talk fast. I felt bad, I should know more being a guest there. Slovenia is a little paradise, I could even see myself living there.

Thank you for the compliments. Yes, most Slovenes have no problems to understand Serbo-Croatian (like myself), though more and more young people don't. They're just to stupid or to ignorant and rather comunicate in English. ::) But for we don't have many problems with understanding our fellow Yugoslavs, they have a hard time with us. As noone really speaks in standart language, but rather dialect or slang, it's much harder for you to get what we wanted to say. No wonder. Če ti zej js neki takle napišem, mi tut verjetn ne boš mogu rečt ka sn ti hotu napisat.  ;D That's one example. Anyway, to me you seem a nice fellow. Stay so. Živeli! :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Če ti zej js neki takle napipem, mi tut verjetn ne boš mogu rečt ka sn ti hotu napisat.  ;D That's one example. Anyway, to me you seem a nice fellow. Stay so. Živeli! :)

Ako ti sad nešto tako napišem, vjerujem da nećeš moći razumjeti šta sam htio napisati? Did I guess ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Ako ti sad nešto tako napišem, vjerujem da nećeš moći razumjeti šta sam htio napisati? Did I guess ;D

More or less, though fully correct it'd be: ako ti sad nešto tako napišem, mi isto vjerovatno nečeš moći reći šta sam ti htio napisati. I tried to translate it "dobesedno", which's not always a good option and I hope I made no mistakes. I don't speak Serbian as well as I understand it and the sentence probably makes no real sence now. You guessed it good. Though I must warn you – it's easier when it's written than spoken! ;) Believe me.

Anonymous

You should hear me when I am speaking. It is verry close to standard Serbian (acctually, my subdialect is basis of it), but people in Bosnia have some unique features missing vowels, reintroduced halfvowel, and transfer of stress on proclitics ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You should hear me when I am speaking. It is verry close to standard Serbian (acctually, my subdialect is basis of it), but people in Bosnia have some unique features missing vowels, reintroduced halfvowel, and transfer of stress on proclitics ;D

I believe you. I was in Serbia once and spoke with people in dialect. I could understand them without problems. They however had troubles with our speaches.  In Slovenia I'd say that the closest spoken to the standart language is the "pokrajinski govor" in Celje, Ljubljana and maybe Kranj. Celjski govor is quite neutral, though most others are influenced. Noone really speaks like they do on television and if they do, they are jerks for me, no offence, but that's how I see it. Do you use "bre"?

Anonymous

No, it is Serbian thingy (ie people from Serbia use it). Ask Brđanin do Montenegrins use it. Bosnian Serbs use bolan in place of bre.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • 'las