Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I will try to read in Russian, maybe I would learn something. And I will see how much I understand :)

But I've found something here, on the site about Bug region:

http://www.itchelm.pl/euroregion/content/view/13/33/

In the past this region was a border between Poland, Ruthenia and Lithuania. Major part of Polesie, on eastern side of Bug river was settled by East Slavic tribe – Dregoviches (name comes from oldslavic "dreg" – marsh). Some historians connect with them a territory of Polesie Lubelskie. On the north of them lived the Kryviches – the ancestors of present-day Belarusian nation. On the south there were the Polans and the Dravlans, the tribes connected with Kievan Rus. In the 10th century territory of Dregoviches were conquered by Vladimir the Great and joined Kievan Rus. The most complicated ethnically territory is Volhynian Polesie – from the west the Lendians came here (one of Polish tribes), while the main part of this area was settled by the Dulebes, Buzhans and Volhynians who officially are considered as East Slavs, but they were strongly influenced by forming Polish country. The consequence was a rivalry and fighting for these lands that began in the 10th century. As a result, eastern part of the Dulebes territory became a part of Kievan Rus, while western part became a part of Mieszko I country in 981. In the same year whole Bug area was conquered by Vladimir the Great. Connection with Rus was permanent, even though Bolesław Chrobry conquered this lands in 1018 for a while.

And later is about Grody Czerwieńskie, Volhyn etc.
    According to this the Lendians lived more south from here, as well as the Dulebes/Buzhans/Volhynians. Unfortunately, there is nothing said about Dregoviches western neighbours, and where a borderline was set.

Anonymous

This is general information. Most evidence of Slavic settlements come from archaeological findings. Sedov presentsa map of archaeological findings in the area belonging to different tribes in his book. There are no archaelogical findings on the map near your area. It's likely Belarusian and Russian archaeologists didn't excavate the area of your interest.

The main settlement of Dregoviches was further  east of Brest. There are some Dregoviches' settlements near Brest and eastern part of Masovia. Brest city may had been founded by Dregoviches too.

This is Sedov's book on eastern Slavs in 6-13th centuries in .doc format. The paragraph starts from «Брестское Побужье и Верхнее Понеманье»

ftp://109.206.45.197/for_p2p/RASA/books/Luchie_Knigi/Istochniki_K_Knigam_Trehlebova/205-Sedov_VV-Vostochnye_Slavyane-v6-13/Sedov_VV-Vostochnye_Slavyane-v6-13.doc

Anonymous

I've read. But reading through Translator Google is… nice :p

If I understood it correctly, Yotvingians lived there before Slavs came on this territory, yes? And later they moved more north. And somewhere it seems that Dregoviches, Volhynians and (not precisely mentioned) West Slavs lived here.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I've read. But reading through Translator Google is… nice :p

If I understood it correctly, Yotvingians lived there before Slavs came on this territory, yes? And later they moved more north. And somewhere it seems that Dregoviches, Volhynians and (not precisely mentioned) West Slavs lived here.

I didn't find Sedov dating archaeological cultures unless I missed it. He writes about two settlements in the paragraph: Bug near Brest and upper reaches of Neman near Navahrudak. Brest area was settled by Volynians in reference to the Tale of Bygone Years.  The area wasn't settled by Volynians but also by Dregoviches in reference to archaeological finding. There's archaeological evidence to suggest the area was also settled by Yotvingians and small number of west Slavic tribe.

Anonymous

Vistulans seem to be the clesest west Slavic tribe to your region?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Vistulans seem to be the clesest west Slavic tribe to your region?

Nope. Vistulans lived on area of Kraków and Rzeszów, more or less. It is southern Poland. On the northern and eastern part of Podkarpackie Voivodeship the Lendians lived, but near me probably the Mazovians. On west and north for sure, but it possible that even here. So, if talking about western Slavic tribes the Mazovians and the Lendians are the closest.

Anonymous

Check link Piast Kołodziej. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piast_the_Wheelwright
    He was first of the Piast Dynasty by RuM Chrystian’s 
    and vase from Bronocice 5500 years old.
     translate with Google http://www.bronocice.dzialoszyce.info/waza.htm
    Google translate – “Piasta- Hub” – ” Koło – wheel ”  “dzieje – history”
    And they said Jeep invented extra wheel ;€ maybe they came first to Działoszyce
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzia%C5%82oszyce
     Slawa wszystkim Słowianom i ich Rodom ” Slawa to all Slawik people and theirs ancestors “

pollex
    Participant
    @pollex

Word “Polska” is probably a shortcut of the old term “Polska Ziemia” ( “Fieldish Land” or “Polans Land”).

It’s confirmed by the fact that this term was used for East Polans country (territory around Kiev) as well:
    “И поидоста по Дънепру, идуче мимо и узрѣста на горѣ городокъ. И въспрошаста, ркуще: «Чий се городъ?» Они же ркоша: «Была суть три братья — Кий, Щекъ, Хоривъ, иже сдѣлаша городъ сий, и изъгыбоша, а мы сѣдимъ род ихъ, и платимы дань козаром». Асколдъ же и Диръ остаста в городе семъ, и многы варягы съвокуписта и начаста владѣти польскою землею, Рюрику же княжящу в Новѣгородѣ.” (Primary Chronicle)

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • БЕЗНОГNМ
  • Lyutenitsa
  • Piachu
  • Kratos
  • kony97
  • 'las