• This topic has 13 voices and 25 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Opolski Sąd Rejonowy zarejestrował Stowarzyszenie Osób Narodowości Śląskiej – poinformowali założyciele stowarzyszenia. Rejestracja nastąpiła po skardze na odmowę wpisania organizacji do Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego.

http://wprost24.pl/ar/285675/Narodowosc-slaska-uznana-przez-sad/?K=1&KI=798555

Translated:

Opole District Court registered the Association of People of Silesian Nationality – informed the founders of the association. Registration took place after the application for refusal of entry in the organization of the National Court Register.

Looks like Western Slavs have another officially recognized nation, which I think is good news for them.
    Perun, you may have to add new subsection for Silesian nation. ;)

Anonymous

Aren't Silesians Germans?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Aren't Silesians Germans?

They are a smaller Western Slavic group like Sorbs and Kashubs.

Anonymous

finally
    :)

Anonymous

Thats cool. I am nor 100% sure but i might have some Silesian blood. There is this village near Ustroń with same name as my surname. I think Ustroń was part of Austrian Silesia before the end of WWI, so theory about my Sileisan background is quite possible.  ;D

Anonymous

Silesians are Baby-Poles, they best should deal with it. Where do we get if every tiny dialect group all of a sudden gets recognized as an own nationality? Regionalism leads to nowhere.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Silesians are Baby-Poles, they best should deal with it. Where do we get if every tiny dialect group all of a sudden gets recognized as an own nationality? Regionalism leads to nowhere.

Damm centralists!!!  :P

Anonymous

the difference between a dialect and a language often stands on political grounds.
    Objectively speaking, any group of people with:
    1. distinct speech
    2. distinct traditions and some aspects of culture
    3. will to a distinct identity
    can be called an ethnicity, or a nation.

Anonymous

Silesian, as well as Rusyn or Moravian do not really fullfill any of these criteria (except the last regarding some Silesians and some Rusyns – but really, this is not to be taken seriously by any means). They are regional identities and should be seen and respected as such.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Regionalism leads to nowhere.

YES.

What pisses me off most is that some claim (Germanophile neo-Nazis like this idea) that Poland is "occupying" other nations, including parts of Germany. Thus, they push exaggerations about how "vastly different" Siliesians are to caused disunity in Poland. How odd then, that Germany has much more distinct regions and things like Otto von Bismarcks great "kultur" were essentially retard Prussian bullshit chauvinism from the start.

On the flip side, many calls for unity in Poland are dumb too as they claim that Silesians are either fake or not different at all.

Hence, I think that they should be happy for getting the kind of recognitions Kashubians have.

Anonymous

As far Polish language and languages in Poland go, there is three categories:

1) Gwara
    2) Dialekt
    3) Osobny język

Silesian for me is not really separate language, since I can understand them over 90%-95% when they speak in their dialekt (I work with one, 100% pure-blooded Silesian as they should be, so I know exactly how they talk, also I have uncle living in Zabrze) while Kaszubski is separate language (osobny język) from Polish, like Slovak and Sorbian are, though indeed, I understand it in written form and provided it is not spoken too fast and without too much local slang (let's say between 70%-90%). ;D

Though indeed it is not gwara. Gwara are regional differences in Polish language (most of which are disappearing thanks to Warsaw-influenced television/media), but Silesian does not fall under this category either, therefore it is hard to really call what they speak pure Polish as one learns in schools or hears (or rather heard once in comparison to how retarded youth talk ::)) in media. On other hand, like there used to be gwaras spoken among Kujawiacy, people from Poznań and such, which is Polish with some strange use of words and pronounciation (I don't know if same thing is in other Slavic languages) with lots of own words that often mean something very different in some other gwaras spoken in other regions of Poland (I know that in Germany there is something similar), Silesians have too many linguistic differences to just be considered regular Polish gwara, IMO.

Though separate language like Slovak, Sorbian or Kaszubian? Not to mention greater extent Czech (some of what they say is REALLY strange and I wonder where they came up with this weird phrases)? ;D I strongly disagree with that. I can understand them better than any of examples I posted above.

To conclude, separate nation? Yes and no. Let them have what they want, but like Sokil said, regionalism is also bad, and I doubt they have grounds to claim own state. Why should Austrians live separate from Germans? Or Walloons from French? Or Flemish from Dutch? Or Moldavians from Romanians? Same story here too.

Here is map that I think describes it quite well (in pre-war terms anyway, since communism and especially now, this has declined to one standard in mainstream).

Autonomy for Silesians? OK, I can go with it. Independence? Not really. They are not really that separate from Poles, sorry, like Slovaks, Kaszubs or Sorbs are.

But I cannot speak for them and they must also know what they want. Bądź mądry i pisz wiersze. ;D

BTW Pentaz, Dialekt Małopolski can I suppose be called Dialekt Białochorwacki, since it corresponds almost exactly with old White Croatia. ;D

Anonymous

I hope you people dont miss understand me. I am supporter of regionalism not seperatism. For example i want Slovenia to have lands like Austria becouse it is according to historical and economic tradition. This dosent effect power of state. But it distributes wealth and power in right and fair way to each region according to her size and economic production. It also allows that each region keeps her traditions etc. Instead right now all money goes to capital city in Slovenia. Ljubljana is developing all the time and they dont even have that many firms. Thats becouse they get all of our money and spend it on stupid things like Stadiums.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Ukrainians are Baby-Russians, they best should deal with it. Where do we get if every tiny dialect group all of a sudden gets recognized as an own nationality? Regionalism leads to nowhere.

P.S. sorry, guys, I simply couldn't resist the temptation to say it  ;D Double standards are soooo double.
    P.P.S. Ah yes, and I expect some Silesian separatists to start talking about 'Polish imperialists', 'Warsaw propaganda' and 'struggle for freedom'.

Anonymous

I have to add that this guy posted here many times his views on Russia's future, where every Russian region should gain independence, even if they never had their own dialect and history. What a hypocrisy and double standarts really :P

Anonymous

Well, as long as they don't cut off their "country" from Poland, I would stay quiet.

Husarz, those Germans you mentioned are Erica Steinbach's fans. Crazy morons. Soon they will propably say "give us back our bullets, which we used to kill you during WWII". I would not be surprised.

White-Wolf – to be honest I don't see too many conections between Ukrainians and Russians.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • GOGA
  • slovborg
  • kony97
  • Tujev
  • Jan Pat II
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)