• This topic has 27 voices and 113 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes it would be more correct to call ancient Kyivan princes as national heroes for all Eastern Slavs,  I hope you're not one of people who call them only "ethnic Ukrainians", becouse I never heard that those princes identified themselves as Ukrainians :)

I called them Kyivans, nothing more. The rest is up to your interpretation ;)

Anonymous

Merged last two posts with Slavic disputes thread: http://www.slavorum.com/index.php?topic=379.75
    Dispute may be continued there. Please keep things clean on rest of board. Thanks.

Anonymous

Rudolf Maister born in Kamnik and died in Unec pri Rakeku. He is conqueror of Maribor and all of Lower Styria. His army succesfully disarmed Austrian "green guards" or better known as Schutzwehr. Later he commanded his army in Carinthian border war. Altho Slovene forces under Rudolf Maister tacticaly won border war in south Carinthia that land became Austrian via referendum. Basicaly he is mostly known for kicking Austrian asses. Besides being general he was also poet.

Franjo Malgaj born in Hruševec near Šentjur. He is heroe of the Carinthian border war. Before border war he was fighting in important battles of WWI. Like example Doberdob siege which was a terrible massacre of Austro-Hungarian army. After Doberdob he was fighting in Tyrolean front where he and 18 slovene soliders suprised Italians in Monte Zebio. Becouse of Monte Zebio raid he was given golden medal for bravery. In Carinthian border war he and his troops were very succesful but he died in a granate accident in Tolsti Vrh. Like Rudolf Maister he was also poet.

Anonymous

Anonymous

These men are true heroes of our nations and the Slavic people.

Anonymous

Makedonec, aren't Philip of Macedon, Alexander the Great, Tsar Samuel and Prince Marko non-Macedonian Slavs?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Makedonec, aren't Philip of Macedon, Alexander the Great, Tsar Samuel and Prince Marko non-Macedonian Slavs?

Philip and Alexander were not Slavic Macedonians, but they are Macedonian heroes of the Macedonian state. Samuel was half Slavic Macedonian and half Armenian – his state was Slavic Macedonian. Krali Marko was a Macedonian Serb, and his state was centered in Macedonia. I notice you have not made any mention of the Viking Rus hero's of the Russian people?? Do you just like to pick on Macedonians??

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Philip and Alexander were not Slavic Macedonians, but they are Macedonian heroes of the Macedonian state. Samuel was half Slavic Macedonian and half Armenian – his state was Slavic Macedonian. Krali Marko was a Macedonian Serb, and his state was centered in Macedonia. I notice you have not made any mention of the Viking Rus hero's of the Russian people?? Do you just like to pick on Macedonians??

I thought Tsar Sameul was Bulgarian? Also, I don't know much about Russian heroes. Hell, I don't even know who Metodija Andonov, Nikola Karev and Duke Petar Karposh are, that's why I didn't question them, but I do know about the others. Didn't mean to offend you.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I thought Tsar Sameul was Bulgarian? Also, I don't know much about Russian heroes. Hell, I don't even know who Metodija Andonov, Nikola Karev and Duke Petar Karposh are, that's why I didn't question them, but I do know about the others. Didn't mean to offend you.

No problem, here's some non-biased info about Samuel;

http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/blog/samuel.html

Anonymous

Juraj Jánošík (* 25. január 1688, Terchová – † 17. marec 1713, Liptovský Mikuláš) – legendary slovak robber

Milan Rastislav Štefánik (* 21. júl 1880, Košariská – † 4. máj 1919, Ivanka pri Dunaji) – general of french army, the leader of czechoslovakian legions. image

Anonymous

I want to add some Russian heroes and our people, who made the contribution to the exploration and preservation of Siberia. Theme of conquest of Siberia and all of our wars and expeditions is very large, full list would take many pages. Maybe I missed many names, espesially about Russian-Japanese and WWII wars..

Afanasy Nikitin (Афана́сий Ники́тин in Russian) (died 1472) was a Russian merchant and one of the first Europeans (after Niccolò de' Conti) to travel to and document his visit to India. He described his trip in a narrative known as The Journey Beyond Three Seas (Khozheniye za tri morya).

[img height=250]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/AfNikitin.JPG/640px-AfNikitin.JPG” />

Yermak Timofeevich, the conqueror of Siberia

Vassili Danilovich Poyarkov (Василий Данилович Поярков in Russian, ? – after 1668) was the first Russian explorer of the Amur region.

Kurbat Afanasyevich Ivanov (Russian: Курбат Афанасьевич Иванов, (? – 1666) was among the greatest Cossack explorers of Siberia. He was the first Russian to discover Lake Baikal, and to create the first map of the Russian Far East. He also is credited with creation of the early map of Chukotka and Bering Strait, which was the first to show (very schematically) the yet undiscovered Wrangel Island, both Diomede Islands and Alaska.

Semyon Ivanovich Dezhnyov (1605 – 1672) was a Russian explorer of Siberia and the first European to sail through the Bering Strait.

Yerofey Pavlovich Khabarov or Svyatitsky (Russian: Ерофей Павлович Хабаров (Святицкий), 1603 – after 1671) was a Russian entrepreneur and adventurer, best known for his exploring the Amur river region and his attempts to colonize the area for Russia, was cruel to aborigenes that's why had a bad reputation  :D

Semyon Ivanovich Chelyuskin (Russian: Семён Иванович Челюскин) (c. 1700 – 1764) was a Russian polar explorer and naval officer. Cape Chelyuskin (the northernmost cape of Eurasia), Chelyuskin Peninsula (northern tip of Taymyr), Chelyuskin Island near Taymyr, famous Soviet Chelyuskin steamship and some streets and settlements have been named after Chelyuskin.

Khariton Prokofievich Laptev (Russian: Харитон Прокофьевич Лаптев) (1700–1763) was a Russian naval officer and Arctic explorer.

Vitus Jonassen Bering (baptised 5 August 1681 in Horsens, Denmark – 19 December [O.S. 8 December] 1741, Bering Island, Russia) was a Danish-born navigator in the service of the Russian Navy, captain-komandor Витус Ионассен Беринг, known among the Russian sailors as Ivan Ivanovich Bering. He is noted for being the first European to discover Alaska and its Aleutian Islands. The Bering Strait, the Bering Sea, Bering Island, Bering Glacier and the Bering Land Bridge are named in honour of the explorer.

[img height=250]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Vitus_Bering_1681-1741.jpg” />

Aleksandr Vasiliyevich Kolchak (Russian: Алекса́ндр Васи́льевич Колча́к, 16 November [O.S. 4 November] 1874 – 7 February 1920) was a Russian naval commander, polar explorer and later – the Supreme ruler of the counter-revolutionary anti-communist White forces during the Russian Civil War. As Supreme ruler of Russia (1918–1920), he was recognized in this position by all the heads of the White movement, "De jure" – Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, "De facto" – Entente States.

[img height=250]http://i061.radikal.ru/1102/8b/fa0e4c43bd8ct.jpg” />

The Baron Ungern (December 29, 1885 NS – September 15, 1921)

[img height=250]http://s12.postimage.org/9nwmsp1yj/Baron_Rom.jpg” />

Viktor Ivanovich Polosukhin (Russian: Виктор Иванович Полосухин, 1904-1942) was a Soviet officer, a colonel, commander of the 32nd Infantry Division of the Red Banner of Saratov. Under the command of Colonel Polosukhin Division 32 detained for 6 days on the Borodino field of the 40th Mechanized Corps Nazis, bursting to the city of Moscow. Leading the unequal combat with superior enemy forces, the soldiers of the division destroyed about 10 thousand german soldiers and officers.

Alexander Ivanovich Pokryshkin (Russian: Алекса́ндр Ива́нович Покры́шкин; born on 6 March 1913 – died on 13 November 1985) was a Marshal of the Soviet Air Force, the second in scoring fighter pilot of the pilots of the anti-Hitler coalition. He was made a Hero of the Soviet Union on three separate occasions (24 May 1943, 24 August 1943, and 19 August 1944).

Vitaliy Dmitrievich Bubenin (Russian: Виталий Дмитриевич Бубенин, born in 11 July 1939) — the Hero of USSR, the first commander of Soviet Special forces (1974—1977). During theSino–Soviet border conflict he was a chief of the 1st frontier post, came to the aid of a neighboring outpost soldiers, wounded and shell-shocked he directed the battle. There were exterminated about 3000 chinese invaders.

Anonymous

Interesting contribution, Sibiryak! In fact, good contributions from everyone. So many men and women in our Slavic countries to honour and remember!

Anonymous

Czech national heroes

Saint Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia (907 – September 28, 935)- patron saint of the Czech state

Ján Žiška (1360–1424) – Czech general and Hussite leader, follower of Jan Hus, He fought in the Battle of Grunwald (July 15, 1410), where he defended Radzyń against the Teutonic Order. Later he played a prominent role in the civil wars in Bohemia during the reign of Wenceslas IV. Žižka's tactics were unorthodox and innovative. In addition to training and equipping his army according to their abilities, he used armored wagons armed with small cannons and muskets.
    [img width=700 height=464]http://im.novinky.cz/387/223871-original1-kz13e.jpg” />

Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk (7 March 1850 – 14 September 1937) – was an Austro-Hungarian and Czechoslovak politician, sociologist and philosopher, who as an eager advocate of Czechoslovak independence during World War I became the founder and first President of Czechoslovakia.He originally wished to reform the Habsburg monarchy into a democratic federal state, but during the First World War he began to favour the abolition of the monarchy and, with the help of the Allied Powers, eventually succeeded.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Krali Marko was a Macedonian Serb, and his state was centered in Macedonia.

Marko Kraljević (Марко Краљевић) was not Macedonian Serb because lot of facts, but to cut them short: There was no state called Macedonia then. He was son of Serbian king, Macedonia was in that time ruled by Serbs, Skoplje was Serbian Capital, all other parts of Macedonia were ruled by Serbian nobles, (Dragaši, Jovan Oliver, Radoslav Hlapen), King Vukašin was „господина зємли срьбьскои и грькѡмь и западнимь странамь“ no mention  of any Macedonians. This would be akin when somebody would consider Crusader Kings as national heroes of Arabs.

Pleas, dont see this as insult or anything intended aginst your people, I am just presenting historical facts.

Well, I will add few Serbian national heroes.

Vuk Grgurević Branković (Serbian: Вук Гргуревић Бранковић), also known as Wolf the Fiery Dragon (Змај Огњени Вук ; ca. 1440 – April 16, 1485), was the titular Despot of Serbia from 1471 until his death in 1485. He inherited the title of despot (as a heir to the throne now under occupation of the Ottoman Empire), by King Matthias Corvinus and ruled most of present-day Vojvodina, under the overlordship of the Kingdom of Hungary. He is known in Serbian epic poetry for his valour and heroism; he commanded the Hungarian army (Black Army) in several of its battles against the Ottomans.

Veljko Petrović (Serbian: Вељко Петровић; ca. 1780–1813), known simply as Hajduk Veljko (Хајдук Вељко), was a one of the voivodes (military commanders) of the Serbian Revolutionary forces in the First Serbian Uprising against the Ottoman Empire. His personal bravery was extraordinary and won him extraordinary praise and fame throughout Serbia and the Balkans.

Atanasko Tanasko Rajić (Serbian: Атанаско Танаско Рајић; 1754 – 1815) was a Serbian vojvoda (military commander) and revolutionary, the barjaktar (flag bearer) in the First Serbian Uprising led by Karađorđe against the occupying Ottoman Empire, and the captain in Obrenović's Second Serbian Uprising, during which he died (1815).

Luka Vukalović (Serbian: Лука Вукаловић; 1823-1873) was leader of few Serbain rebelions in Hercegovina, between 1852 and 1862.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Marko Kraljević (Марко Краљевић) was not Macedonian Serb because lot of facts, but to cut them short: There was no state called Macedonia then. He was son of Serbian king, Macedonia was in that time ruled by Serbs, Skoplje was Serbian Capital, all other parts of Macedonia were ruled by Serbian nobles, (Dragaši, Jovan Oliver, Radoslav Hlapen), King Vukašin was „господина зємли срьбьскои и грькѡмь и западнимь странамь“ no mention  of any Macedonians. This would be akin when somebody would consider Crusader Kings as national heroes of Arabs.

Pleas, dont see this as insult or anything intended aginst your people, I am just presenting historical facts.

King Marko was the rightful successor of the Serbian Throne, but there are no recordings of him showing any claims in the struggle for it… However, he was ruler of a territory which corresponds roughly with the territory of modern Macedonia, stories and songs about him are present in the folklore of the local population, just as among other south Slavic peoples, and despite his heritage (it's often hard to trace heritage in the Middle Ages since all those dynastic intermarriages) he is considered a hero by the local Macedonians.

By the way, according to his very own Code, the title of Czar Dushan is described as "Macedonian Czar, the ruler of Serbian, Bulgarian, Hungaro-Wallachian, Dalmatian, Arbanashian and many other lands and regions". So, there is mention of Macedonians. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shnickstara89
  • ▽eurus▽
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • LCaine
  • Drizzt
  • ☭Lil Commie☭