• This topic has 27 voices and 113 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Count Nikolay Rayevskiy (Russian: Никола́й Никола́евич Рае́вский , 1840-1876), was Russian colonel who patricipated in Serbian-Turkish war 1675-1876 as volunteer. He was commanding detachment of Serbian army in victorious battles of Šumatovac and Aleksinac. He showed great courage, when his detachment crushed right Turkish flank. Colonel Rayevsky was killed in decisive Battle of Arovac, which saw numrically superior Turks as winners. Colonel Rayevsky is grandson and namesake of general Nikolay Rayevskiy, hero of Napoleonic wars. On place where count Rayevkiy was killed, Nikanor Ružičić, bishop of Niš built church in 1903. According to  some scholars he was model for Tolstoy's count Vronskiy in famous novel Anna Karenina

[img height=200]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/sr/a/a5/Pukovnik_Rajevski.png”/>

Mustafa Golubić (Serbian:Мустафа Голубић 1889-1941), was leader of Serbian guerilla fighters, komiti,  in Kosovo, Old Serbia and Macedonia both before and during Balkan Wars, member of Mlada Bosna, volunteer in World War I. For courage shown in Balkan Wars, he recieved medal of Obilić personall from Crown Prince Aleksandar. In 1915 he brought 1000 volunteers from Russian in Serbia (mainly from Austro-Hungarain soldiers of Serbian ethnicity who did not wish to fight for Austria and surendered to Russian troops). In 1917 he become member of Black Hand, organization of officers responsable for coup d' etat from 1903. Due to personal conflict between colonel Dimitrijević and Prince Aleksandar, no Regent, leaders of Black Hand went on court martial and hanged after it. Wishing to revenge his friends deaths Golubić aproached USSR, sworn enemy of Yugoslavian Monarchy (due to open support for White emigration from side of Yugoslav Governemnt). Some sources hold him responsible for death of Trockiy. In 1941 he acted as iliason between group of officers, who owerthrow pro-German Government in Yugoslavia, and USSR. Mustafa Golubić was killed  by Gestapo 1941.

[img height=200]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/sr/7/79/Mustafa_Golubic.jpg”/>

Anonymous
    Quote:
    [img height=200]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/sr/7/79/Mustafa_Golubic.jpg”/>

Јест човјек личи на голуба

Anonymous

Whitout any desire to discuss, what is your point, Konzervativac, besides showing lack of manners and lack of comperhension of what did he acctually wrote?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What I forgot to mention is that according to Ante Starcevic, I quote:

[li]

Učenu je svetu poznano da ime Serb ili Serv starinom, ime Slav srednjem veku biaše kod svih narodah obćenito za sužnja, te se tome imenu tuđu, Hervati i Poljaci vazda ugibali; i da ono na ove narode nespada više nego na primer na Engleze.

[size=8pt]English translation[/size]
    It is known throughout the academical world, that for the name Serb or Serv by antiquity, the name Slav in the Middle Ages was, usually as a description for slaves, and that this foreign name Croats and Poles always averted; so that it doesn't describe these nations, more than it describes e.g. the Englishmen.

[size=9pt]– from the work "Pasmina Slavoserbska po Hervatskoj" or "The Slavic-Serb breed in Croatia", page 5, written by Ante Starčević, 1876 Zagreb[/size][/li]

I honestly cannot understand a person who sees himself a Slav, even an active supporter of the preservation of the Slavic heritage, and then states Ante Starčević as his national hero, a person that describes Slavs as breed (even those in then imperial Russia) not capable of being anything else than slaves, from which they got their name. Are you people aware of which personalities you are posting on this site, Husein Beg Gradascevic a guy that rebelled against the Ottomans for being too liberal towards the Slavs of the Ottoman Empire, is someones national Slavic hero?!?

– Negative reps for idiocy have to follow! One cannot commend ignorance. Read about the people you are posting.

I thought the topic was about National Heroes, not national Pan-Slavists. Croats happen to see Ante Starčević as a National Hero, same as many of your Serbs see Draža, Mladić and other individuals as heroes as well. Why negative rep? I'm not sure do i follow but clam yourself down as it wasn't a provocation rather my misunderstanding of the point of this topic.
    …most of Slavic countries have "national heros" that fought the neighboring Slavic countries so just listing this stuff makes no sense imo.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why negative rep?

Zar ti toliko ove cifrice znače ispod avatara ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:

I thought the topic was about National Heroes, not national Pan-Slavists. Croats happen to see Ante Starčević as a National Hero, same as many of your Serbs see Draža, Mladić and other individuals as heroes as well. Why negative rep? I'm not sure do i follow but clam yourself down as it wasn't a provocation rather my misunderstanding of the point of this topic.
    …this topic in general has no sense since most of Slavic countries have "national heros" that fought the neighboring Slavic countries so just listing this stuff makes no sense.

Seeing an ardent Anti-Slavist such as Ante Starčević was, as a national hero of a Slavic nation, is an oxymoron in my eyes. He may have supported 'Croats' but not the ones that saw themselves as Slavs, those he saw as unworthy breed, feces in his own words. Of course one may fit it into a historical context, but nonetheless in context or not, supporting him means, supporting his Slavophobic views. Thats why it is hard for me to comprehend that a Slavic nation like Croatia is and Slavic people like Croats are, see an Anti-Slavist as hardcore as Ante Starčević was (that saw Slavs as breed of feces, capable of only being slaves and servants, whose name they according to him bear), as a national hero.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You are ignoring this user.

Must be a wild debate, I reckon something about Dobrica Cosic :)
    [hr]
    Далиборе, смисао писања тог дјечака на овоме форуму је тешко докучити. Момак ем што је тешки албанофил колико сам примјетио, вјерујем чак да је и сам поријеклом Албанац. С временом мислим, пошто форум воде браћа преко Саве, да му је функција да нас прозивкама забавља, они их више воле, мање их имају :)

Стави под игноре и пусти га нек пише, знаш како кажу, неможе човјек толико да попусти колико будала може да затегне.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    …most of Slavic countries have "national heros" that fought the neighboring Slavic countries so just listing this stuff makes no sense imo.

I  personally did not post such individuals, just Serbian military persons who fought Turks, Gemans and Austro-Hungarians. I know that Croats also have quite few heroes who fought Turks valiantly, you allready posted Nikola Zrinski, but there is plenty of them left. I would ask some Croatian user if possible to post something about that guys.
    As far Starčević, everybody could got point. Serbs see him in negative light, Croats in positive. Concerning Bosniaks, well nobody mentioned them in this dispute.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I would ask some Croatian user if possible to post something about that guys.

I am still waiting for a Croat to write something about the 'twelve old Croat clans'; Čudomirići, Gusići, Jamometići, Kačići, Karinjani and Lapčani, Kukari (Klьkarь), Lasničići (Lačničići), Mogorovići, Polečići (Poletčići), Snačići (Svačići), Šubići knezovi Bribirski, Tugomirići, from which the Croats descend from; the last Croatian King, Petar (Svačići), Nikola Šubić Zrinski (Šubići knezovi Bribirski) etc.

I would have written it already myself, but it being a very important part of the Croat ethnical heritage, I personally would rather see a Croat than a Serb writing about it. I am eager to see are some descendents of the clans among the users of this forum, and do they still exist since the clans are, as far as I know, today largely extinct, first by the Magyars and then by the Turks.

Ajmo Hrvati, knjige u ruke.

Anonymous

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][img height=300]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Petar_II_Petrovic-Njegos,_statue.jpg”/>[/td]
    [td]    [/td]
    [td]Radivoje "Rade" Tomov Petrovićalso known as Njegoš

Petar II Petrović-Njegoš by his hereditary name, of the Njeguši Clan (Serbian Cyrillic: Петар II Петровић Његош, pronounced [pêtar drûɡiː pětroʋitɕ ɲêɡoʃ]), was a Serbian Orthodox Prince-Bishop (Vladika) of Montenegro (Metropolitan of Cetinje), who transformed Montenegro from a theocracy into a secular state. However, he is most famous as a poet and philosopher. Among his notable works include The Mountain Wreath (Горски вијенац / Gorski vijenac), the Ray of the Microcosm (Луча микрокозма / Luča mikrokozma), the Serbian Mirror (Огледало српско / Ogledalo srpsko), and False Tsar Stephen the Little (Лажни цар Шћепан Мали / Lažni car Šćepan Mali). He belonged to the House of Petrović-Njegoš, the Prince-Bishops of Cetinje since 1697.

He is seen as the father of modern Serbian romantic nationalism, known among the folk as the 'wisest Serb head'.

[table]
    [tr]
    [td]

[li]Свак је рођен да по једном умре,
      част и брука живе довијека.[/li]

[/td]
    [td]

[li]We are all born to die only once,
      honour and disgrace are however eternal.[/li]

– Njegoš[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Anonymous

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][img height=150]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Karel_Destovnik.jpg”/>[/td]
    [td]  [/td]
    [td]Karel Destovnik

Karel Destovnik, pen name and nom de guerre Kajuh was a Slovenian poet, translator, resistance fighter, and Yugoslav people's hero. His revolutionary and simple love poetry was very popular among Slovene partisans. He used his poetic talent in order to mobilize people into fighting against the occupying forces and inspiring them hope of a return to freedom. The first comprehensive collection of his poems was published in 1945 in Ljubljana, edited by Mile Klopčič.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I am still waiting for a Croat to write something about the 'twelve old Croat clans'; Čudomirići, Gusići, Jamometići, Kačići, Karinjani and Lapčani, Kukari (Klьkarь), Lasničići (Lačničići), Mogorovići, Polečići (Poletčići), Snačići (Svačići), Šubići knezovi Bribirski, Tugomirići, from which the Croats descend from; the last Croatian King, Petar (Svačići), Nikola Šubić Zrinski (Šubići knezovi Bribirski) etc.

I would have written it already myself, but it being a very important part of the Croat ethnical heritage, I personally would rather see a Croat than a Serb writing about it. I am eager to see are some descendents of the clans among the users of this forum, and do they still exist since the clans are, as far as I know, today largely extinct, first by the Magyars and then by the Turks.

Ajmo Hrvati, knjige u ruke.

I hope you aren't implying that only those few are Croatian surnames.

These are the most common Croatian surnames:
    1. Horvat 22 225
    2. Kovačević 15 835
    3. Babić 13150
    4. Marić 11 617
    5. Novak 11 396
    6. Jurić 11 356
    7. Kovačić 11 171
    8. Vuković 10 582
    9. Knežević 10 554
    10. Marković 10 074
    11. Petrović 9957
    12. Matić 9560
    13. Tomić 9538
    14. Kovač 8997
    15. Pavlović 8759
    16. Božić 8258
    17. Blažević 8152
    18. Grgić 8010
    19. Pavić 7538
    20. Radić 7406
    21. Perić 7351
    22. Filipović 7321
    23. Šarić 7184
    24. Lovrić 7131
    25. Vidović 6986
    26. Perković 6903
    27. Popović 6797
    28. Bošnjak 6760
    29. Jukić 6653
    30. Barišić 6417
    31. Bašić 6361
    33. Nikolić 6301
    34. Mandić 5999
    35. Živković 5958
    36. Klarić 5875
    37. Barić 5730
    38. Lončar 5695
    39. Martinović 5624
    40. Brkić 5471
    41. Bilić 5341
    42. Kos 5333
    43. Galić 5320
    44. Jurković 5211
    45. Stanić 5073
    46. Lukić 4963
    47. Kralj 4855
    47. Matijević 4855
    49. Matković 4783
    50. Janković 4719
    51. Novosel 4650
    52. Katič 4319
    53. Miletić 4303
    54. Jelić 4286
    55. Ćosić 4119
    56. Ivanović 4167
    57. Jurišić 4149
    58. Ilić 4120
    59. Mihaljević 4045
    60. Lučić 4001
    61. Posavec 3993
    62. Ivanković 3927
    63. Ivančić 3820
    64. Jerković 3797
    65. Marinović 3772
    66. Herceg 3760
    67. Tadić 3753
    68. Šimunović 3732
    69. Poljak 3731
    70. Mikulić 3726
    71. Jovanović 3690
    72. Rukavina 3684
    73. Vidaković 3661
    74. Cindrić 3658
    75. Vučković 3638
    76. Marušić 3598
    77. Marjanović 3557
    78. Milić 3557
    79. Novaković 3375
    80. Topić 3274
    81. Varga 3261
    82. Pavičić 3240
    83. Vukelić 3224
    84. Kolar 3212
    85. Špoljarić 3209
    86. Delić 3190
    87. Bačić 3139
    88. Jozić 3137
    89. Petrić 3104
    90. Grubišić 3095
    91. Burić 3070
    91. Dujmović 3070
    91. Štimac 3070
    94. Petković 3065
    95. Đurić 3052
    96. Jakšić 3043
    97. Jović 3027
    98. Brajković 2989
    99. Stanković 2982
    100.Ružić 2974

most, not all, but most are Croatian and old while we're at it. Secondly, surnames were started to be recorded in Croatia during Austro-Hungary, not before that, so that's the first time we had a complete list of surnames in Croatia only then and for example most common surname Horvat is to be found where people lost their trace but knew they were Croats so they came into a register as Horvats, among many of those there could have been found people of those names. Most of surnames derive from either "son of", or his work (blacksmit etc.) during the registration.
    Gradiščanski Hrvati for example, the ones that escaped from Bosnia and southern Slavonia during the Ottoman invasion to settle in Austria still bear most of the surnames same as most Croats here. Finally those weren't Clans, this isn't highland Scotland ;D…they were nobility and just families, not clans.

Anonymous

The millennium of Russia is the famous bronze monument in the city of Veliky Novgorod erected in 1862.
    The monument is encircled by several tiers of sculptures representing Russian monarchs, clerics, generals, artists and scientists. There are too many to mention I will pick my favourite personalities

[img width=700 height=585]http://i12.fastpic.ru/big/2010/1112/c3/8a834905c481bd3bbc4417831611cdc3.jpeg”/>

Military heroes.
    Alexander Nevsky was the prince of Novgorod received legendary status after victories over German and Swedish invaders.

Dmitry Donskoi marked the beginning of the expulsion of Tatars with the victory in the Battle of Kulikovo.

Peter the Great was the creator of the Russian empire and the founder of the beautiful city of Saint-Petersburg.

Yermak was Don Cossack who led the conquest of Siberia.

Mikhail Kutuzov was Russian field marshal best known for his leadership during French invasion of Russia in 1812.

Scientists & artists:
    Mickhail Lomonosov & Alexander Pushkin

The entire list of people on the monument in the middle and bottom levels is athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_of_Russia

Since 1862 we had other national heros

Georgy Zhukov was definitely one of them. He played a pivotal role in leading the Red Army against the Nazis in WWII.

Yriy Gagarin was the first man in space.

Andrey Kolmogorov was not a national hero but he is one of my favourite Russian mathematicians. He is best known for laying the mathematical foundations to the probability theory. He was never awarded Fields Medal. If it was up to me I would award him two medals.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    These are the most common Croatian surnames:

28. Bošnjak 6760

[img height=150]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_eThIw2GkNQ/T8qxVH8EfrI/AAAAAAAAE7s/7DJtiw8AcSw/s1600/obama_laughing.jpg”/>

But then again, that's depressing for Bosniaks…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    But then again, that's depressing for Bosniaks…

I don't see how is it depressing?

In Malta alone there are around 10 Bosniak families with name of Hrvat and Horvat :P

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

3 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • Tujev
  • AphexTwin