• This topic has 18 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Okay.. the other day I posted this image here on Slavorum in the Slavic pictures of the day. Today I posted it on FB, knowing many of my friends would love and appreciate the image. However, that wasn't the case with one person.

I'd like your opinions of the image:

Does this image give you positive or negative reactions?

Anonymous

Positive reaction – I see children taking part in cultural events.

Anonymous

I do not see anything wrong with it. May I ask what the person you mentioned objected to?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Positive reaction – I see children taking part in cultural events.

Thank you! I'm not alone in this opinion. I saw positive, too! This is the reaction I got from one Czech guy I know on FB:

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Thank you! I'm not alone in this opinion. I saw positive, too! This is the reaction I got from one Czech guy I know on FB:

What a load of crap. If he loves the "good old times" so much, he can build himself a shack in the woods. I am against people with disabilities and disorders reproducing, the genetic stock has to be kept healthy after all, but apart from that they deserve to have a normal life as far as possible.

Anonymous
    Quote:

"Gemeinschaft"  😮 So Slavic concept  ;D
    Kiki, don't pay attention to such comments. Social solidarity is also something desirable in community.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Czech guy using the word 'gemeinschaft'. I doubt he would survive on week of labor in the 'traditional' way, still preaching eugenic radicalism.

Anonymous

I apologize.. I see that some of the discussion was cut short. I've expanded the "see more" sections and captured the conversation again.

Quote:
    What a load of crap. If he loves the "good old times" so much, he can build himself a shack in the woods. I am against people with disabilities and disorders reproducing, the genetic stock has to be kept healthy after all, but apart from that they deserve to have a normal life as far as possible.

THIS I get. Completely. And is how I feel about things, too. However, a child that has an accident or even more with a condition that confines them to a wheelchair does not mean they are incapable of providing greatness for themselves, and possibly humanity. I was appalled at his comments! I never commented again after his last comment. It is pointless to continue on with him. But I wanted to make sure I wasn't allow in this. I didn't figure I would be, as of course my friends generally think similarly to me. But I was just shocked. Couldn't believe he even said that he couldn't be happy for these children who are managing to celebrate their culture!  That in itself is amazing!!  That's a dying trait these days. Our culture is left up to us and the generations after us. And if they don't care we're lost.

His comments truly make me sick to my stomach.

Anonymous

Disgusting. So many strange people on the internet.

Firstly, genes do not determine how a person is. Spirit, heart and honour can transcend genetic dispositions. Also you can get plenty of "specimens" who have no honour and are terrible people despite having the best genetics.

Secondly, how far does he want to go back? So in the Medieval times people will be like this? I do not think it is so simple.

Maybe he wants to live in some sort of pre-bronze age animalistic type of era.

Anonymous

He must lead a very pitiful existance to know nothing of human empathy :) Honestly I don't see the need to grace him with such attention.

Quote:
    I am against people with disabilities and disorders reproducing, the genetic stock has to be kept healthy after all, but apart from that they deserve to have a normal life as far as possible.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    He must lead a very pitiful existance to know nothing of human empathy :) Honestly I don't see the need to grace him with such attention.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I never commented again. I seriously couldn't believe the things he was saying. And honestly, since he's technically an acquaintance and we never speak, I think I'm going to unfriend him. I have no problem with people who differ from me. But I see no point in surrounding myself with heartless people. I'm not losing anything by doing so since we never speak. LOL Until today. 

Anonymous

That kid has every right to be a member of his nation and to be a part of his culture.  Slavs  are not barbarians and we  should take care of even the weakest or elderly members of our families.

Anonymous

The image is touching and beautiful. It's amazing that you shared it with us! I have big respect and admiration for these children and for the people who took care of them and teach them how to preserve their heritage.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That kid has every right to be a member of his nation and to be a part of his culture.  Slavs  are not barbarians and we  should take care of even the weakest or elderly members of our families.

Exactly. This Czech guy is the epitome of what we don't need in our Slavic countries. Quite sad, really.

Quote:
    The image is touching and beautiful. It's amazing that you shared it with us! I have big respect and admiration for these children and for the people who took care of them and teach them how to preserve their heritage.

I completely agree about the respect and admiration. It takes a whole new level of humanity to care for someone with needs like this. I applaud caretakers (parents or whomever) and the children.

Just glad I wasn't allow in these opinions and that the Czech guy was truly a minority in his beliefs.

Anonymous

That's all Internet anonymity syndrome,

you couldn't get away in public on a bus or a street corner yelling that the disabled, pensioners or anyone who can't perform manual labour, should be drawn up to the curb and shot (or starved).

IIRC, at least in pre-Christian mythology, Odin and several pagan Gods in tales were known to disguise themselves as Beggars (which at least indicates there must had been some sort of mercy back then.  Otherwise who would beg if all you received was a sword through the midsection?  :D  ;D )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.