• This topic has 9 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Burzum persists. A new Burzum album, titled "Umskiptar" (Metamorphoses), is scheduled for release in May 2012 on Byelobog Productions. "Umskiptar" consists of 65 minutes of skaldic metal, recorded in Grieghallen Studio in Bergen in September 2011.

"Umskiptar" track list:

Blóðstokkinn (Soaked in Blood) (1:16)
    Jóln (Deities) (5:51)
    Alfadanz (Elven Dance) (9:22)
    Hit helga Tré (The sacred Tree) (6:51)
    Æra (Honour) (3:58)
    Heiðr (Esteem) (3:02)
    Valgaldr (Song of the Fallen) (8:03)
    Galgviðr (Gallow Forest) (7:16)
    Surtr Sunnan (Black from the South) (4:14)
    Gullaldr (Golden Age) (10:20)
    Níðhöggr (Attack from Below) (5:00)

The lyrics on "Umskiptar" are all taken from a Norse poem, Völuspá. For an English translation of the lyrics see the book "Sorcery And Religion In Ancient Scandinavia". The original Norse lyrics for "Umskiptar" can be found here.

http://www.burzum.org/eng/news.shtml

:O

Anonymous

I don't know, Varg seems to be going down road of Quorthon (Bathory) and Darken (Graveland) in their later careers recently.

Too much output in too short time. I find none of Burzum's latest works to be especially great in exactly same way I thought of Bathory's "Nordland" albums and "Destroyer of Worlds" (those horrible 90's albums deserve no mention) or how Darken seems to be caught in this loop of releasing watered-down version of his to this day unmatched "Prawo Stali/Creed of Iron" albums. I hope I am wrong with this one.

Of course, none of what Varg has ever done was bad, just I can't say anything from his latest works inspires me really.
    Still, it is great to see that he does own thing and will never be subjected to some stupid standard that most BM bands from Norway have.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't know, Varg seems to be going down road of Quorthon (Bathory) and Darken (Graveland) in their later careers recently.

Too much output in too short time. I find none of Burzum's latest works to be especially great in exactly same way I thought of Bathory's "Nordland" albums and "Destroyer of Worlds" (those horrible 90's albums deserve no mention) or how Darken seems to be caught in this loop of releasing watered-down version of his to this day unmatched "Prawo Stali/Creed of Iron" albums. I hope I am wrong with this one.

Of course, none of what Varg has ever done was bad, just I can't say anything from his latest works inspires me really.
    Still, it is great to see that he does own thing and will never be subjected to some stupid standard that most BM bands from Norway have.

Agree largely, though I have to disagree about Bathory: Blood on Ice and the two Nordland albums were high quality, of course nothing as epic as Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart or Twilight of the Gods, but still high quality. About "Requiem" and "Octagon" I will not lose a word – my god, what was he thinking or what drugs did he take when he made them?

Anonymous

I've found the last Burzums album Umskiptar really good. Its different from the other works. Here Varg has focused all on the poetry and emotion, especially nostalgic emotions. Some riffs are worthy of note, others tastes of old. I think it's a very different album that not everyone can enjoy. For me its enough that I like it! :P

The better songs are:

Burzum – Gullaldr (Golden Age) (Umskiptar) – 2012

Burzum – alfadanz (Elven Dance) – HQ

Burzum – Heiðr (Esteem) (Umskiptar) – 2012

Burzum – Surtr Sunnan (Black From the South) (Umskiptar) – 2012

Burzum – Valgaldr (Song Of The Fallen) (Umskiptar) – 2012

Anonymous

New public interview with Varg Vikernes available

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/2012_interview_burzumorg.shtml

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Agree largely, though I have to disagree about Bathory: Blood on Ice and the two Nordland albums were high quality, of course nothing as epic as Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart or Twilight of the Gods, but still high quality. About "Requiem" and "Octagon" I will not lose a word – my god, what was he thinking or what drugs did he take when he made them?

I agree, everything he done, apart from those two abominations, and that solo album, was legendary.

Anonymous

Whole Album it seems:

Burzum – Umskiptar full album

Not bad mr.Varg :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Whole Album it seems:

Burzum – Umskiptar full album

Not bad mr.Varg :)

Thank you mr.Pentaz on allowing me to continue being a cheapskate Slavic pirate. ;D

Anonymous

I used to like Burzum, but I don't like his new albums, well, I guess something was lost during his jail time  ;D

Anonymous

I really like Umskiptar – totaly not-metal, but pure pagan music and his vocals are great! Belus and Fallen were superb also.
    From the Depths of Darkness was for me even better than the original albums (Burzum/Aske & Det Som Engang Var) from which the songs are – much better vocals for me, because I was never to fond of his vocals on the first two albums.
    Basically I love everything he did, it's just pure feeling all the way.
    Slava Vargu!

Anonymous
    Quote:

"Blood on Ice" was actually written before "Hammerheart". It should have been released before it also. ;)

Perhaps I was too harsh on Nordland albums. Indeed they are good. I am not sure why I included them earlier.

They are definitely better than what Varg is doing lately.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Perhaps I was too harsh on Nordland albums. Indeed they are good. I am not sure why I included them earlier.

Actually, you were not harsh enough.

Nordland pt. I and II were both die-hard sellouts. As was everything else post-Requiem (save for Blood on Ice maybe).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Piachu
  • Родни Никотин ☭
  • БЕЗНОГNМ
  • Lyutenitsa
  • kony97
  • Yung Slav