• This topic has 4 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

MORH (The Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Croatia) and Brodosplit (local shipyard in Split) signed a deal for five patrol ships worth 385 mil KN. According to commodore Marin Stošić new ship is going to be a 41,85 m long, equipped with automatic 33 mm naval cannon, two machine guns 12 mm, and with 4 mobile anti-aircraft rocket systems. Maximum speed of this new ship is going to be a 28 knots (čvorova). Ship will have a crew of 14 sailors, and he will be able to spent 10 days on sea without need for docking.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@KnezIvan, those are Croatian built or imported/bought designs?

Anonymous

Croatian designs. It seems that this ship is 100% made in Croatia :) . They are even planning to export them out for any country interested in buying them.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Looks very modern, is there any official info? like type, name, class or something like that? :)

Anonymous

Hm, i don`t think so. You can read about it on offical page of MORH. The deal is signed day ago, so there isn`t much info about it. The first will be ready in 15 months, and i guess during that time we will know a little more about this ship.

Anonymous

I would say that is a bad weapon. We should have more or missile systems, torpedoes. TDA would represent a serious force. This is the more to patrol.
    Still a good thing to restore shipbuilding reputation who had formerly shipyards.

Anonymous

How much will that thing cost? will Croatian economy survive something like buying those? :D

Anonymous

@Formica i agree with you. But this is going to be a coastal ship so any stronger weapon would be a more expensive and “showoff”…
    @Kat it is expensive indeed, but some segements are paid from EU fonds and the whole product is 100% croatian, so the domestic economy have piece of money pie :D

Anonymous

A pleasure when I hear that someone from the former big state behaves reasonably. Certainly it is very important to use domestic industrial potentials.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

At least it looks pretty :)

Anonymous

@Formica there are so bad things in our country, and this, only one wise choice, make your day :D This is indeed smart and wise option.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • Fia
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • Shnickstara89
  • MD