• This topic has 11 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So I'm curious… how is my favorite group of Slavs bringing in the New Year in just a couple of days?

We decided to have the party at our place this year. There will be about 9 of us total. Nothing big. Just lots of food (from Serbian to Sushi and yummy baked sweets) and lots of drinks (wines, liquors, more wines, and juices… and more wines). No idea what will actually happen minus eating, but we'll see. Hopefully it'll be a good night!

What about you?

Anonymous

To stay away from drunken idiots on the road,  we have a tradition.  We get Chinese take out,  spread a blanket on the floor and eat. 

I have been to times square and it is a zoo,  never going there again

Anonymous
    Quote:
    To stay away from drunken idiots on the road,  we have a tradition.  We get Chinese take out,  spread a blanket on the floor and eat. 

I have been to times square and it is a zoo,  never going there again

Oh wow! Don't think I could do a Times Square NYE.  Seems too much. This will be the smallest NYE I've EVER done. I've either been at big house parties, worked in a bar/club or been at a club for NYE.  So I'm not really sure what to expect. Especially once the drinks start flowing, there will be only Serbian spoken.  :-

Anonymous

To be honest – I won't do anything special for New Year, probably would visit my sister and my brother-in-law, and drink a bit. I simply don't celebrate it, but an opportunity to drink is as good as ever ;)

Anonymous

Like, tqr sayed, nothing special. Visiting some relatives, otherwise in family circle. Not making a big deal of new years eve, since it is not mentioned in my "meanings of life".

Anonymous

Drink some vodka, catch & saddle a bear and shouting "Poehali!" reach the orbit of the Earth. Everything just as usual.  :P

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Drink some vodka, catch & saddle a bear and shouting "Poehali!" reach the orbit of the Earth. Everything just as usual.  :P

Sounds like a real calm new year celebration. :D

Anonymous
    Quote:

Why bother to saddle the bear? You will be drunk, no difference really :D Not mentioning it would be hard to find a saddle :P

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Why bother to saddle the bear? You will be drunk, no difference really :D Not mentioning it would be hard to find a saddle :P

Naah, we have pocket bear saddles for such cases. Some even have multifunctional ushankas, which can be easily transformed into a saddle, a balalaika or AK47.

Anonymous

Me and my friends were going to go to the city and celebrate there, but it would be too crowded, and there would be too many police, so we wouldn't be able to carry alcohol :D

So now we're just going to have a small party at one of our houses, maybe around 10 people.

Is it just me, or do Slavs have a high tolerance for alcohol : D
    I brought Rakija to a house party once, and everybody I gave it to ended up passing out at some point.
    I was fine though :P

Anonymous

"Small" party is 10 people?

Anonymous

Me and a couple of friends are going to the local beach.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    "Small" party is 10 people?

relatively small, yes :P

Anonymous

At 16, ten is small. 

Anonymous
    Quote:
    At 16, ten is small.

I'm 27 and we're having 9 people – that's still small to me. Hahaha!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Tujev
  • 'las
  • Fia