• This topic has 18 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello, some month ago i went to Praha (great ppl), i have some questions :

1) is usage of "H" instead of "G" (praga->praha, gore->hore, gotovo -> hotovo, mnogo->mnoho, etc…) causing any difficulties ?
    I mean how would you say "gladan : hungry" vs "hladan : shady/cold" ?

2) Do Slovaks use the same pattern G->H?

3) Are Slovaks a little bit darker in hair/facial colors ?

Djekuj mnoho!

Anonymous
    Quote:

1) is usage of "H" instead of "G" (praga->praha, gore->hore, gotovo -> hotovo, mnogo->mnoho, etc…) causing any difficulties ?

Djekuj mnoho!

no, it is not causing any problem, because

gladan (hungry) is in czech….hladový…..hladový muž snědl ohromnou porci jídla. (hungry man ate a big portion of food)

hladan (cold) is in czech………chladný….včera byl chladný den (yesterday was a cold day)

how to pronounce czech H ( like very soft G) and CH (like very soft KH), you can listen to in this link………….http://www.omniglot.com/writing/czech.htm

Anonymous

actually pronunciation of czech CH is almost same like yours H.

2) Do Slovaks use the same pattern G->H?……………..as I know, they are following the same pattern, together with Ukrainan and Upper Sorbian.

3) Are Slovaks a little bit darker in hair/facial colors ?………..No, they are not.

Anonymous

thnx

Anonymous

Since it's open, I'll ask something too.
    What does the frajarko mean? In Slovenia you have a dialectual word "frajer/frajerka", which means an awsome man/women. Does it mean the same?

Thank you

Anonymous
    Quote:

Djekuj mnoho!

As for Slovak language :

1.) No, it doesn't. There's a hearable difference between h, ch and g. Hladný (hungry) and chladný (cold) is not the same.

2.) Yes, maybe with some exceptions.

3.) No, we are actually more green.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    3.) No, we are actually more green.

any pics?

Anonymous

Eh.. Weird questions.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    any pics?

[img width=700 height=320]http://www.pastel.sk/muffo/images/zena_zelena.jpg” />

Anonymous
    Quote:

i meant yours ….

HA HA just kidding

Anonymous
    Quote:
    i meant yours ….

HA HA just kidding

Just look at my avatar  :P

Anonymous

at third question.. there is surely big difference between us and czechs! we have much more beautiful women!!  :P ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    at third question.. there is surely big difference between us and czechs! we have much more beautiful women!!  :P ;D

I agree.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Since it's open, I'll ask something too.
    What does the frajarko mean? In Slovenia you have a dialectual word "frajer/frajerka", which means an awsome man/women. Does it mean the same?

Thank you

"frajer" means boyfriend and "frajerka" means girlfriend in Slovak. There are variations in dialects like frajar, frajarka. Frajarko is declesion of frajarka. "Fraj" means date (as in meeting girlfriend or boyfriend) (it is not used much however any more, it is kind of old fashioned). So going to date/meeting with your girlfriend is "ísť na fraj".

Anonymous

hah, in Russian 'frajer' is a criminal slang term, it is a person who does not have anything to do with thug world, an alien in the criminal environment, so you better not say you are ''dating a frajer'' when is Russia, as everyone will decide you are old-school tough criminal authority :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Glockamole
  • кошка
  • Nefario
  • Tujev
  • some slavic guy...