• This topic has 6 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Tanjug

Tesla's remains to be buried at St. Sava's Temple

BELGRADE — The ashes of Nikola Tesla will be transferred from a museum in Belgrade named after him to the yard of St. Sava's Temple, it has been decided.

A monument will also be built there to honor the Serbian-American engineer and inventor, an agreement signed on Friday envisages.

The burial urn with Tesla's ashes has been at the museum since 1957.

The document was signed by the Serbian Orthodox Patriarch Irinej, Energy Minister Zorana Mihajlović, and head of the interim administration of the city of Belgrade, Siniša Mali.

The patriarch said on the occasion that there was "nothing more natural than for the earthly remains of the great thinker to rest in the holiest place of the Serb people – the temple dedicated to St. Sava, where a monument to (Đorđe Petrović) Karađorđe is also located."

"There's nothing more natural and logical than to have the three great names of Serb history, culture, and science rest in the most beautiful spot in the city, and next to a great holy place," Irinej said, and thanked the government and the city officials for supporting the initiative launched by the Serbian Orthodox Church (SPC).

Siniša Mali explained that a working group will be tasked with organizing the transfer of Tesla's remains, while Zorana Mihajlović said her ministry would "with all activities help make sure the project is realized as soon as possible."

Anonymous

tesla was an original mad engineer, he should not be soiled by placement within christian filth.

Anonymous

Ellablun, I fully agree.

Anonymous

@ellablun @FORMICA
    Don’t really know if you have ever visited the Temple, but it seems like you haven’t. That is not a church, that is literally THE Serbian temple. I am not Serbian, I am a Croat from Vojvodina, and a rodnover, but the first time I entered that structure I felt beauty in its purest form. Maybe it has a cross on its top, but so did the Hagia Sophia before it had been turned into a mosque, and it holds its magnificence even after 1500 years. I can’t say what should be done with the ashes, that was Nikola’s to say in his will, but I sure know the Temple is an appropriate place for placing them.

Anonymous

I’d rather wish they keep the ashes in the Nikola Tesla museum, but since we’ve became zealous idiots long ago, this had to happen sooner or later.
    I’m gonna drift away from the theme of this thread and add few more things. This country is doing everything against its own only constitutive people and everything to aid the lives of all the other minorities or even illegal immigrants – people who broke the law and were rewarded for that!!!
    It literally encourages law violation and many disappointed people that’ve been playing all the time by the book leave this country or stay but live in anger towards everything in it.

Anonymous

@Shaokang Honestly, to me, it looks like Serbian people just loves being exploited. The smart ones get away or get reaped with the wheat.

Anonymous

@Senka, here’s the thing, sveti sava is orthodox saint, granted was living historical person, but sanctified by orthodox church. But even if it was a wooden structure built for dažbog, it still wouldn’t make sense. I guess if we were to be really funny about great genius and the only decent ambassador of serbia in recent history, if we really wanted to be funny about his death, I guess I could sorta see his ashes being preserved in perun’s temple. You know, thunder, electricity and all that – just in case you are sleepy, and don’t make the connection on your own. But if we were to be reasonable people, from 21st century, museum is the only place for his remains that isn’t insulting both to him, and to the nation. And frankly, it’s insulting to the times as well.

Anonymous

Tesla’s remains arrived in Yugoslavia and its capital city. How is the project of Yugoslavia’s failed efforts of all the vile national elites, Tesla’s remains were left in Serbia and its capital. Tesla has nothing to do with Serbia. It originates from the Montenegrin tribe Bunyan, a native of Austria from the Austrian Empire, the national American with Serbia had nothing to do, and his father is an orthodox priests of the Serbian Church in Austria. His mortal remains, if you can not be in a museum, to be in the Alley of the Greats. So it will probably SPC declare a saint?

Anonymous

Tesla’s ashes aren’t property of city of Belgrade, they cannot just decide that they want to place him there because it’s “natural”. Tesla’s closest living relative and his inheritor wants ashes to stay in the museum, I don’t know why do they keep insisting on this.
    @FORMICA We get it you’re Montenegrin, but would you cut the crap already? Half of Serbs in general can track their origin to Montenegro, I think even I could do it (on my mother’s side). What do you do when you go to Belgrade? Are you going around the streets yelling “You are all Montenegrins!!!”? Because many of them are. Seriously Serbs and Montenegrins are one people, call them what you want, maybe Black Serbs, since you know one theory states Serbs came from White Serbia. SPC declaring him a saint? Sounds great St. Nikola Gromovnik, I would convert to orthodoxy immediately and take him for my Slava. I mean Nikola is Nikola, half of my family already has St. Nikola for Slava.

Anonymous

@ Dušan No Dusan, of course not at Belgrade walk down the street and yell I am a Montenegrin. By the way to Belgrade we have not been the last 10 years, although bvih likes to go on day two. You see one people makes tradition, history, culture. Montenegrins and Serbs have a different history, different traditions and a different culture, and therefore are not the same people. These are two completely different people. The people are born and live. The nation is a political term, which represents a commitment to state-building project. Montenegrins are people who live in Montenegro and represent a mix of Slovenian tribes Ljutica and Bodrica the Romans and the Romanized Illyrian natives. I did not know that there Nikola Gromovnik and that even a saint. There Ilija Gromovnik. You do not understand the nature of Slave. It is for you celebration of patron saints, which indicates that the labor organizations and various associations have patron saints. Slava is exclusively brastvenički custom celebrating household deities romanized Illyrians, indigenous people of the Balkans.

Anonymous

@”FORMICA” Nisam ti rekao da ideš po Beogradu i vičeš da si ti Crnogorac, nego da ideš po Beogradu i vičeš ljudima da nisu Srbi, nego Crnogorci :D Moji prijatelji Srbi iz Vojvodine se razlikuju u mnogome sa Srbima iz južnih krajeva, kao i sa ovima iz Bosne, a još uvek su isti narod. Svi južni Sloveni su mešavina Slovena i domaćeg stanovništva, Crnogorci, Srbi, Hrvati, Bošnjaci svi imaju skoro istu genetiku (dominantna grupa I2a je najviše izražena u Hercegovini).
    Nikola Gromovnik ne postoji, to je šala, predlog za ime ako ga SPC proglasi za sveca :D znam šta je slava, odrastao sam u Srbiji, živim u Srbiji i majka mi je Srpkinja. Ti u svojim komentarim ustaljeno dokazuješ da su Srbi i Crnogorci jedan narod, da li su Srbi Crnogorci ili su Crnogorci Srbi ne znam, ali su isto. I write in language we can both easily understand because I think it would be easier for us to communicate.

Anonymous

Op apologize, I understood incorrectly. I completely agree with you. Genetics can only show that we are all, in the Balkans, one and the same mixture of truth with some minor local variations, which can play a crucial role. I’m talking about ecosystems condition the proper conduct of people in that ecosystem, or biocenosis. This different behavior later have an impact on the formation of beliefs, customs and languages. It develops traditions and cultures. Certainly people who have different traditions, culture and history can not belong to the same nation. These are different people formed each in a special way, in the specific historical and cultural conditions. For you there is glory organization and villages. It is not glory, it’s patron saint. For you there is Slava organization and villages. It is not Slava, it’s patron saint. Glory is the custom of brotherhood, derived from other sources other than the celebration of patron saints, I am not I said that Montenegrins are the same as Serbs than you. I am told that they have different histories, traditions and cultures, and are therefore different people.

Op izvinjavam se, pogrešno sam razumio. Potpuno se slažem sa tobom. Genetika može da pokaze samo da smo svi, na Balkanu, jedna ista mješavina, istina sa nekim manjim lokalnim odstupanjima, koja ne mogu imati presudnu ulogu. Ja govorim o tome da ekosistemi uslovljavaju odgovarajuće ponašanje stanovnika u tom ekosistemu, ili biocenozi. To različito ponašanje imaju kasnije uticaj na formiranje vjerovanja, običaja i jezika. Iz toga se razvija tradicija i kultura. Svakako ljudi koji imaju različitu tradiciju, kulturu i istoriju ne mogu pripadati istom narodu. To su različiti narodi formirani svaki na posebni način, u posebnim istorijskim i kulturnim uslovima. Za vas postoji slava organizacija i sela. To nije slava, to je svetac zaštitnik. Slava je običaj bratstva, proistekao od drugih izvora različitih od proslavljanja svetaca zaštitnika, Nijesam ja rekao da su Crnogorci isto što Srbi nego ti. Ja sam rekao da oni imaju različite istorije, tradicije i kulture, pa su, prema tome, različiti narodi.

Anonymous

@”FORMICA” Would you care to explain me differences between Serbian slava and original slava?
    Da li bi mi objasnio razliku između sadašnje, srpske slave i izvorne slava?

Anonymous

Dusan old friend
    Let’s look at the first picture
    http://s28.postimg.org/3ogb48hfd/new_4.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D
    done by Jovan Cvijic. For it is clear that the whole west Serbia, settled Montenegrian and Herzegovinian, who are the predominant group, in addition to the natives, some of which later creates the nation Serbs. The newcomers brought their customs, which are largely managed to impose natives and immigrants from other parts of the Balkans.

Dušane stari druže
    Pogledajmo najprije sliku
    http://s28.postimg.org/3ogb48hfd/new_4.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D
    koju je uradio Jovan Cvijić. Na njoj se jasno vidi da su cijeli zapad Srbije naselili Crnogorci i Hercegovci, koji su preovlađujuća grupa, pored domorodaca, od kojih se kasnije stvara nacija Srbi. Došljaci su donijeli svoje običaje, koje su u dobroj mjeri uspjeli nametnuti domorodcima, kao i doseljenicima iz drugih krajeva Balkana.

Of course, in the later period, when the Serbian national elite, rather power center in Belgrade, decided to form the nation of Serbs, took over the national program of a Greater Serbia, the center of power in Vienna. Vienna had plans of their own and they figured the Serbian Kingdom. Actually the Holy Roman Empire (after shining crusade Prince Eugene of Savoy (interesting how the Third Reich called SS Division Prinz Eugen)) for the first time in the history of the country creates the Serbian Kingdom in the 18th century. As Belgrade imagined Greater Serbia is seen in the picture
    http://s23.postimg.org/qficjamrr/Greater_Serbia_Milo_Milojevi_1873.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5Di>

Naravno u kasnijem periodu, kada je srpska nacionalna elita, bolje reći centar moći Beograd, odlučio da formira naciju Srba, preuzeo je nacionalni program Velike Srbije, centra moći Beč. Beč je imao neke svoje planove i u njima je figuriralo Srpsko Kraljevstvo. Zapravo Sveto Rimsko Carstvo (poslije blistavog vojnog pohoda princa Eugena Savojskog (zanimljivo kako je Treći Rajh nazvao SS diviziju Princ Eugen)) prvi put u istoriji stvara zemlju Kraljevstvo Srpsko sredinom 18. vijeka. Kako je Beograd zamišljao Veliku Srbiju vidi se na slici
    http://s23.postimg.org/qficjamrr/Greater_Serbia_Milo_Milojevi_1873.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

When constructing the nation, it is necessary to construct symbols and riotuale, which it established in the past. In the same way, and custom Slava, taken as a national characteristic. In this custom, in addition to the customs of immigrants from Montenegro and Herzegovina, included custom of celebrating patron saints, by the natives. The natives, like all Christians, replaced its pantheon of Christian saints. Attribute this glory is, that it is in their nature general. So all the inhabitants of a village, an association, or some areas, declared a saint to their patron saint and celebrate his day. In Slave is different because it is a celebration of brotherhood. Glory glory only brastvenici and no one else. No matter what other fraternities have the same glory, each fraternity is celebrated for themselves. Slava is the custom of celebrating household deities native Illyrians. Later they were Romanized and later Christianized Illyrians passed this custom to immigrant Ljutica and Bodrice and today we have the Slavu.

Kod konstruisanja nacije, potrebno je konstruisati simbole i riotuale, kojima se ona utemeljuje u prošlosti. Na isti način je i običaj Slava, preuzet kao nacionalno obilježje. U taj običaj je, pored običaja doseljenika iz Crne Gore i Hercegovine, uključen i običaj proslavljanja svetaca zaštitnika, kod domorodaca. Domorodci su, kao svi hriščani, zamijenili svoj panteon hrišćanskim svetcima. Osobina ove slava je, da je ona po svom karakteru opšta. Znači svi stanovnici jednog sela, nekog udruženja, ili neke oblasti, proglase nekog svetca svojim zaštitnikom i proslavljaju njegov dan. Kod Slave je drugaćije jer je ona proslava bratstva. Slavu slave samo brastvenici i niko drugi. Bez obzira što druga bratstva imaju istu slavu, svako bratstvo slavi za sebe. Slava je običaj proslavljanja kućnih božanstava domorodaca Ilira. Kasnije su oni romanizovani i kasnije hristijanizovani Iliri prenijeli taj običaj na doseljene Ljutice i Bodrice i danas imamo Slavu.

Anonymous

@”FORMICA” I dalje ne vidim ključnu razliku između slava. Naravno moj grad ima slavu, koju niko u gradu ne proslavlja nešto naročito (duga priča :D ). Ali opet svaka porodica ima svoju slavu. Majka mi je pričala da su dugo išli u njeno rodno selo, kod njenog dede na slavu, svi njegovi potomci (znam da nije kao bratstvo, ali opet), dok njen otac nije počeo da slavi u svojoj kući.
    Pominješ skoriji period. Misliš na naciju u modernom, zapadnom smislu? Što se tiče Velike Srbije, to je bio plan oslobođenja južnih Slovena, država svih koji pričaju isti jezik, a Srbija kao već slobodna (uz Crnu Goru) je bila logičan izbor za oslobodioca ostalih.
    Mrzi me da pišem na engleskom sve ovo, valjda admin neće zameriti.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • kony97
  • Fia
  • jorgos