Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

This is a graphic of the symbols that NOP – Narodowe Odrodzenie Polski – has registered as their official symbols.

My main question: WTF is up with the Celtic Cross?! It is not Slavic and the White Power crowd (e.g. Stormfront) uses it all the time. What about the Collowrath! Seriously! I guess they don't want to adopt "pagan" symbols… but that is what the Celtic Cross is. Its similarity to the Christian Cross is incidental so they might as well use old pagan symbols from their part of the world.

That said, the other symbols are pretty good like the Eagle with the Sword/Flame badge. The "no faggotry" thing is stupid, I would have to say. It should go under the more general category of "no decadence" along with alcoholism an drug abuse, et cetera… Giving it special notice and attention is not smart, I think.

Anonymous

Well if it is so generally European, it could be called something other than "Celtic" – referring to one part of Europe. I prefer the term Gnostic Cross. And NOP's "Krzyż i Miecz" – Cross and Sword – gets this point across.

Anonymous

"Celtic" cover a large part of Europe.

Most findings of it is on British Isles.

"It has often been claimed that Patrick combined the symbol of Christianity with the sun cross, to give pagan followers an idea of the importance of the cross by linking it with the idea of the life-giving properties of the sun."

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzy%C5%BC_celtycki

Anonymous

I think name celtic cross is realy idiotic becouse such crosses existed in all europe until around 18th and 19th century. In Slovenia we used to have iron or wooden crosses in shape of "celtic" cross. Nowdays they have been replaced by grave stones like this:

Irish graveyards are still doted with old grave stone "celtic" crosses becouse english drove most of villagers from their villages during British industrial revolution and its agricultural reforms which destroyed traditional rural life in Britain.

Here Lithuanian "celtic" cross. Celtcs were never there.

[img width=700 height=466]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs39/i/2010/328/6/5/lithuanian_cross_by_matthew_s_hanson-d1paf7x.jpg”/>

Anonymous

I like the Polish Hussars' Cross much better. It's in my forum signature. It also has a Christian slant to it, but has militarist connotation as well. And it is Polish, hence very appropriate for Poland nationalism.

Anonymous

Husarz how dose polish hussar cross look like?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Husarz how dose polish hussar cross look like?

Look at the signature of each of my posts. It's a Polish flag with a Hussar cross in the middle. The Prussians basically ripped it off as a military symbol when they made the German Iron Cross in 1813. It was originally on the banners of hussar formations and today is used by the Polish navy to indicate a command ship. I think that it should be the standard symbol of the Polish Armed forces along with the military eagles.

Anonymous

Look at the signature of each of my posts. It's a Polish flag with a Hussar cross in the middle. The Prussians basically ripped it off as a military symbol when they made the German Iron Cross in 1813. It was originally on the banners of hussar formations and today is used by the Polish navy to indicate a command ship. I think that it should be the standard symbol of the Polish Armed forces along with the military eagles.

German huns realy like to steal everything from us Slavs.  ;D

Anonymous

Maybe NOP could adopt Captain Poland as their mascot :D

They use images of knights and Warsaw Uprising combatants… so why not a view towards the future, too?

Anonymous
    Quote:

One example: The "death's head" was the sign of Polish Death Hussar Divisions from 1920. ;)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    One example: The "death's head" was the sign of Polish Death Hussar Divisions from 1920. ;)

I've seen that before! LMAO! The most evil looking and just down right badass Iron Cross is… not German, not Nazi…. but Polish. That's right! OH YEAH! 8)

Anonymous

I believe Germany has made the Iron Cross her own.  I don't know of any place that associates Poland with the Iron Cross.  That Eagle is from the Franceof the 1800s , it dates back to when Napolean Bonneparte declared himself Emporer.  The Fasces are of course the emblem of the Roman Senate, that was later used by Mussolini's Fascists, which is a pretty unussual emblem, since anybody who knows anything about the History of Rome knows amongst the factions the Senate preferred a Republic and the Emperor of course an Empire.  The US Republic has Roman Fasces in the decorations of the Senate building.

Anonymous

Sure, the Iron Cross with black, white and grey motif is German. The current German Armed Fores use it as their logo. But a similar cross, just with Polish colors could be readily adopted and used in conjunction with the Polish Military Eagle. The Eagle would be placed on the Hussar Cross.

The Military Cross theme is hardly German, though. Just look at the military logo of Ukraine, it's an Iron Cross theme. This all goes back to the Maltese Cross which was first used during the Crusades. Fire Departments in the United States even have a similar cross logo since the Cross is said to protect from fire and symbolize valor and courage.

Anonymous

I think the best looking cross is the Pour le Merit.  I saw one at Jackson Barracks, New Orleans and it is strikingly beautiful for a military decoration.

I would wonder about a political party that uses violent symbols.  What are they trying to convey?  Certainly not that they will respect the will of the people, or protect citizens who express ideas not in the mainstream and the very symbology would tend to alienate your neighbors.  If that party came to power it's very symbology would marginalize it from the surrounding countries.  Would not a re-armed Germany (that's coming under a United Europe) be justified in taking punitive actions against a Poland that appeared to pose a threat?

The current system that America/Britain set up with the Soviet Union at the end of World War II seems to have preserved peace in Europe.  It is Democratic enough that Europe chose a French System off Democracy versus the US model.  I personally would like to change individual items, but the overall result Peace and a basic end of life threatening poverty is a remarkable achievment. 

I know we may not all get along, but we don't have to kill each other, or bomb our wives and children anymore in Europe.  My relatives in Germany have't seen combat since 1945, and anybody who has been to war will tell you that's a good thing.  Thomas Jefferon was asked once why the Americn Revolution was necessary and he replied "I'm a soldier that my son can be a farmer, that his son my be a poet."  That's probably the only really good reason for war.

I would discourage the policy of a Slavic Union political group or any politician from being violent, let the emblems show that they are a friend to mankind, but will always defend their rights.  Those emblems will always be respected by men of integrity of all nations and be attacked and burned by men of evil and sometimes that's more of an endorsement than who your friends are.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I would wonder about a political party that uses violent symbols.  What are they trying to convey?  Certainly not that they will respect the will of the people, or protect citizens who express ideas not in the mainstream and the very symbology would tend to alienate your neighbors.

I get what you're saying. Maybe I wasn't clear, but I was suggesting that the Polish Armed Forces use the Hussar Cross (visible in my forum signature) along with the current military eagles that Poland uses to be the new symbol of the Polish military. No skulls and stuff! The cross with the skull that Wilko posted was an insignia of a specific unit and not the whole Polish Army anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Nefario
  • GOGA
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • 'las
  • Lucifer Morningstar