• This topic has 12 voices and 37 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

[size=36pt]LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL[/size]

"“The proposed referendum on the future of Crimea would violate the constitution and violate international law,” Obama said. “We are well beyond the days when borders can be redrawn over the heads of democratic leaders.”

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Anonymous

Sorry to be lazy but can someone show where it's illegal to join Russia according to the Ukrainian constitution and international law?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Sorry to be lazy but can someone show where it's illegal to join Russia according to the Ukrainian constitution and international law?

I was just researching this the other day, and this is what I found. Maybe others can expound on this?
    Ukrainian Constitution– please note article 73.

Source – Ukrainian Government's Website

Constitution of Ukraine – Title III
    Elections. Referendum

Article 69. The expression of the will by the people shall be exercised through elections, referendum and other forms of direct democracy.

Article 70. Citizens of Ukraine who have attained to the age of eighteen as of the day of elections or referendums, shall have the right to vote.

Citizens found legally incapable by a court shall not have the right to vote.

Article 71. Elections to the State and local self-government bodies shall be free and shall be held on the basis of universal, equal and direct suffrage by secret ballot.

Voters shall be guaranteed the free expression of their will.

Article 72. The All-Ukrainian referendum shall be called by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine or by the President of Ukraine in accordance with their powers determined by this Constitution.

The All-Ukrainian referendum shall be convened as a popular initiative at the request of at least three million citizens of Ukraine eligible to vote, provided that the signatures in favour of the referendum have been collected in at least two-thirds of the oblasts with at least 100,000 signatures gathered in each oblast.

Article 73. Alterations to the territory of Ukraine shall be resolved exclusively by the All-Ukrainian referendum.

International Law. This gets murky. :D  Link to a legalistic explanation. Have fun.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116819/international-law-russias-ukraine-intervention

First, Article 2(4) of the U.N. Charter prohibits states from engaging in any threats or uses of force against other states. Although this clause has engendered untold hours of debate about its meaning, the transfer of one state’s armed forces into another state in significant numbers without consent almost certainly falls within Article 2(4)’s prohibition.

Bottom line:

Russia’s invasion of Crimea provides the latest evidence of two recurrent themes in “use of force” law: That many of its concepts remain malleable on paper, and that certain forcible actions fall within the core understandings of those concepts, such that most credible observers would agree that those actions violate international law.

Anonymous

Righto, thanks :)

Anonymous

Another example showing why it was wrong for  the USA to mock international laws  in 2000s. Now every pathetic dictator like Putin thinks he can do the same.

Anonymous

Kind of ironic, since the US has invaded at least 10 sovereign countries. And also helped terrorists.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Kind of ironic, since the US has invaded at least 10 sovereign countries. And also helped terrorists.

I know what you mean, but you can legally invade a sovereign nation. But in this case it's illegal.

Anonymous

Double standards of USA leaders have no borders.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Double standards of USA leaders have no borders.

So others should be allowed to break the law because someone else did. I mean, my neighbours house was robbed a year ago, does that mean I'm allowed to do it?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So others should be allowed to break the law because someone else did. I mean, my neighbours house was robbed a year ago, does that mean I'm allowed to do it?

No, I don't support law breaking. But USA constantly abusing laws and making all kinds of troubles around the world still have support of nearly all European governments. Is it OK for them?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    No, I don't support law breaking. But USA constantly abusing laws and making all kinds of troubles around the world still have support of nearly all European governments. Is it OK for them?

When was the last time they illegally invaded a country since Iraq?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    When was the last time they illegally invaded a country since Iraq?

As if it's not enough. And don't even try to compare Iraq to Crimea.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As if it's not enough. And don't even try to compare Iraq to Crimea.

You're right. In Iraq there was a mad man who was committing genocide against a minority ethnic group (Kurds). In Crimea there is no danger. Soldiers came in simply to secure Crimea for themselves. The only minority I'm concerned about are the Tatars. People have been going around to Tatar homes and marking them for reasons unknown.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You're right. In Iraq there was a mad man who was committing genocide against a minority ethnic group (Kurds).

There're much more Kurds in Turkey and they suffer too. The West should liberate them ASAP, shouldn't it??

Quote:
    In Crimea there is no danger. In Crimea there is no danger.

In Crimea there's no WAR. Danger is all over the Ukraine.

Американцы в Ираке

Quote:
    The only minority I'm concerned about are the Tatars. People have been going around to Tatar homes and marking them for reasons unknown.

You made it clear. AFAIK many houses of Tatars were/are build illegally, and they are going to get money for new houses.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There're much more Kurds in Turkey and they suffer too. The West should liberate them ASAP, shouldn't it??

I'm not sure about prosecution. I used to work for a Turkish Kurd. He had a Turkish wife and didn't have anything against Turkey. He even opened a Turkish restaurant. Also, Turkey is at war with a Kurdish insurgency.

Quote:
    In Crimea there's no WAR. Danger is all over the Ukraine.

True. However, the danger is caused by the government.

Quote:
    You made it clear. AFAIK many houses of Tatars were/are build illegally, and they are going to get money for new houses.

Why are all their houses illegal and everyone non-Tatar home is legal?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • jorgos
  • kony97
  • Tujev