• This topic has 8 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What are your opinions on this movement?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Oportunists IMO. Where're they now?

Anonymous

This movement seemed just unserious right from the start.

Anonymous
    Quote:

That thing is still going on? Honestly a lot of those people seem like trust fund babies who grew up in society where they think they are owed something for nothing . They should remember that they still have a lot more than most of the people on the face of the world and be happy with that. Now I believe in taking care of the truly poor people (homeless and mentally ill people) but I have little sympathy with this movement.

Anonymous

The idea of holding banks and wall st responsible for the subprime loan crisis,  derivatives and the loss of 50% of shareholder wealth was important.  Not only did these crooks destroy a generation of wealth, they got massive a massive bailout, jacked up credit rates and cut credit to consumers.  These are the very taxpayers that saved their asses.  They also gave million dollar parachutes to the very idiots that caused this in the first place.

The occupy movement never organized as a logical and mature movement.  They allowed every bum and freak to come in and turn it into a circus.  The whole idea was a giant clusterfuck and no wonder it ended up as a joke.  Instead of dressing up as zombies and walking in front of the stock exchanged,  they should have came up with a coherent political movement with a set of understandable goals.

Anonymous

They got bored with their NYC vacations and all went back to their respective colleges throughout the country lol

Anonymous

Lol. Still think most of the big wall street bankers should have been shot in 2008

Anonymous

They complained about youth unemployment but then called anyone opposed to immigration amnesty a "xenophobe", even though Wall Street and the agribusinesses they fund benefit from illegal wage arbitrage.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    They complained about youth unemployment but then called anyone opposed to immigration amnesty a "xenophobe", even though Wall Street and the agribusinesses they fund benefit from illegal wage arbitrage.

Exactly, it was basically a big far-left rally, for all ideas considered far-left.  Honestly, when I was in my late teens, I probably would have been the first one there.  Most of us mellow out over time and realize the world is not just dandelions and daffodils. 

Although, since spring is in the air, there are more of them to go around  8)

Anonymous

I was one of few teenagers who actively opposed this movement. I still oppose it. Haha.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • LCaine
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • ▽eurus▽
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Drizzt
  • Shnickstara89