• This topic has 3 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is there any possible way to fully understand the Old Slavonic Languages? Many can study for years, even clergy members within a parish will read/chant in the Slavonic Language, but still not any understand what they’re speaking.

What do you know about Old Slavonic? Can you speak any? Tell me :)

<3 SLAVA

СЛАВА!

Anonymous

I can’t speak any but I’m sure you can study and understand all of it. Many people study and understand fully Latin especially educated priests so I’m sure someone who studied old Slavonic can understand all of it, especially if his native language was a Slavic language as moder Slavic languages aren’t as far from old Slavonic as let’s say modern romance languages are from Latin. I would love to learn Old church Slavonic, if anyone could mention maybe some book or website on the language that would be great. Interesting topic I’m surprised there aren’t more comments.

Anonymous

Old Slavonic is actually pretty easy to understand if you speak modern Slavic languages. If you want anything to be translated or interpreted, you can post it here, I can do it, no problem. I know Old Slavonic. :smiley: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • haver25
  • kony97
  • Tujev
  • Glockamole