• This topic has 10 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

People of Bulgaria – how Slavs look like

The Bulgarians are a South Slavic nation and ethnic group who speak Bulgarian and are native to Bulg…

Read the full story here

Anonymous

Cherry picked photos :)

Anonymous

An initial glance of the first picture brought actress Julia Roberts to mind …. though she has brown eyes

Anonymous

Face it, Cheeca, noone likes looking at below-average girls ;D

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@CheecaFearless what do you want? old, obese and extra ugly? :D

Anonymous

Were girls with lighter hair and blue eyes average looking Bulgarian girls? I’ve met several Bulgarians, all had dark hair and eyes.

Anonymous

Very odd comments. Obviously you know nothing about the country and people.
    The important difference between Bulgarians and nations like Poland and Czech Republic is that we are not slavs. We are more similar to Serbians and Hungarians even to Russians and Ukraine (actually they are similar to us, because we are older nation). The similarity between so called slavs and Bulgarian kingdom is that you were our neighbors long time ago and you were spoken similar to our language, based on our alphabet (glagolitic) on that time. Some of “slav” tribes became part of Bulgarian kingdom. So yes, we were mixed a little ;) but not as much as you think.

Anonymous

@”Daniel Bakalov” Your language is Slavic, just like Serbian, you are partially Slavs, more than you would like to admit (based on your comment). Your alphabet? Glagolitic alphabet was created by Greek brothers Cyril and Methodius on request of Prince Rastislav of Great Moravia (present day Slovakia, Czech Rpublic and parts of Hungary, Northern Serbia, East-Norther Croatia, Poland,…) in order to spread Christianity among Slavs. Alphabet was based on south Slavic dialect, but it certainly wasn’t Bulgarian, at least not in sense you are portraying it to be.

Anonymous

@Perun No, definitely not old, ugly and obese! :) I just didn’t expect all girls to be fair haired and with blue eyes. I think that an average Bulgarian have chestnut or dark eyes and hair.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@CheecaFearless true, but these were from some “Slavic” photoshoot and all models were like that i guess :)

Anonymous

Which indeed makes these photos cherry-picked. The Bulgarians are generally mostly Pontid in appearance, after that is the Mediterranean element and only after that the Baltid-Nordid one. The highest concentration of natural blonds is in the Sofia region – around 7%, IIRC. Actually, I have some statistics from a 17-year anthropological study, finished in 2010, according to which
    – More than 80% of the Bulgarians have light skin (i.e. closer to the Pontid type than to the Mediterranean).
    – 80% of the men and 67% of the women have brown-black hair (particularly in the eastern regions), 17,8% of the men and 25,6% of the women have auburn hair, 2,6% of the men and 7% of the women are blond.
    – 47,6% of the men and 56,6% of the women have dark eyes (brown, dark brown), while 44,5% of the men and 37,6% of the women have colourful eyes (green-brown or grey-brown).

Anonymous

Aryan master race ftw!

Anonymous

Bulgarians are not slavs.

Anonymous

Correct. They are ponies! Friendship is magic!

Anonymous

How slavs look like…wow Slavic males look so feminine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • m1tric
  • kony97
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Shvo