• This topic has 18 voices and 60 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Whats your "phobia"?

I underlined some of mine:

Xenophobia

The second form of xenophobia is primarily cultural, and the objects of the phobia are cultural elements which are considered alien. All cultures are subject to external influences, but cultural xenophobia is often narrowly directed, for instance, at foreign loan words in a national language. It rarely leads to aggression against individual persons, but can result in political campaigns for cultural or linguistic purification. In addition, entire xenophobic societies tend not to be open to interactions from anything "outside" themselves, resulting in isolationism that can further xenophobia.

Glossophobia

Symptoms include:
    intense anxiety prior to, or simply at the thought of having to verbally communicate with any group,
    avoidance of events which focus the group's attention on individuals in attendance,
    physical distress, nausea, or feelings of panic in such circumstances.

Needle phobia

According to Dr. James G. Hamilton, author of the pioneering paper on needle phobia, it is likely that the form of needle phobia that is genetic has some basis in evolution, given that thousands of years ago humans who meticulously avoided stab wounds and other incidences of pierced flesh would have a greater chance of survival.

There are more but these are first that came to my mind.

What are your phobias? There are many kind but here its important that they end with "phobia". :D

Anonymous

Turkophobia and homophobia ;D

Anonymous

You just added few on my list too :D

Anonymous

Glossophobia, but I'm trying to get over it.

Anonymous

I am claustrophobic (anxiety of confined space). I am not terrified of confined spaces but I feel very, very uncomfortable. It's  probably due to childhood experience. I stuck in a confinded space in kindergarden. :-

Anonymous

I think I have Ophiophobia (like Indiana Jones  ;D), but at the same time I have no fear of non-poisonous snakes as Polish ‘zaskroniec’ – grass snake (Natrix natrix).

Ophidiophobia or ophiophobia is a particular type of specific phobia, the abnormal fear of snakes. Fear of snakes is sometimes called by a more general term, herpetophobia, fear of reptiles and/or amphibians. The word comes from the Greek words "ophis" (ὄφις) which refers to snakes and "phobia" (φοβία) meaning fear.

Care must also be taken to differentiate people who do not like snakes or fear them for their venom or the inherent danger involved. An ophidiophobic would not only fear them when in live contact but also dreads to think about them or even see them on TV or in pictures.

Recent studies conducted have theorised that humans may have an innate reaction to snakes, which was vital for the survival of humankind as it allowed such dangerous threats to be identified immediately.

Anonymous

Glossophobia, but I'm trying to get over it.

Colleague :D
    We can make it :D

I am claustrophobic (anxiety of confined space). I am not terrified of confined spaces but I feel very, very uncomfortable. It's  probably due to childhood experience. I stuck in a confinded space in kindergarden.

I just sometimes feel it….

I think I have Ophiophobia (like Indiana Jones  ), but at the same time I have no fear of non-poisonous snakes as Polish ‘zaskroniec’ – grass snake (Natrix natrix).

Do you have many snakes in the ancient homeland?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you have many snakes in the ancient homeland?

In ancient times Polish people reverted ‘zaskroniec’ as a protector against mice and even left him a small vessels of milk. The house guarded by ‘zaskroniec’ was perceived as prosperous. Now they can be seen only in the wildlife and are under strict protection.

Anonymous

We discussed  this before, I believe. ;) We still have house protector snakes in villages and people say its a sin to kill them.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    We discussed  this before, I believe. ;) We still have house protector snakes in villages and people say its a sin to kill them.

Yes, I remember 'belouška'  ;)

Anonymous

well, something like that. :D

Anonymous

I am not scared of grass snakes. These snakes can bite but they are not venomous and emit unpleasant odour if you touch them or the snake is frightened.  It's their form of defence. We played with one grass snake when we were teens. You get a rush of adrenalin when you catch the snake by its tail and lift it in the air. Once I saw snakes mating in reed near a creek. It was a breeding ball. I wondered how could they accommodate themselves in a ball while having sex.

I am not afraid of spiders too. After seeing these pictures I recalled a horror movie Arachnophobia in which spiders invaded a small town and began to kill its dwellers.

[img width=700 height=464]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/3/7/11/enhanced-buzz-wide-2651-1331139516-2.jpg” />

[img width=700 height=423]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/3/7/12/enhanced-buzz-wide-16374-1331139630-5.jpg” />

[img width=700 height=476]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/3/7/12/enhanced-buzz-wide-9226-1331139742-3.jpg” />

[img width=700 height=472]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/3/7/12/enhanced-buzz-wide-16411-1331139771-5.jpg” />

[img width=700 height=465]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/3/7/12/enhanced-buzz-wide-9226-1331139819-6.jpg” />

[img width=700 height=430]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/3/7/12/enhanced-buzz-wide-3068-1331139973-6.jpg” />

Anonymous

Oh sh*t, I'm afraid of spiders and some insects too. But I don't fear snakes (not much). I'm afraid of blood (like watching an open corps but not if from shot wounds).  :)

Anonymous

I am afraid of hyperdemic needles used in injection or blood testing.
    I don't want to look as phobic. I am not scared of doing things other people would and I am not terrified of the needles. It's just I would avoid going to a doctor if I can.

Anonymous

Same like me. When they start taking my blood I often start laughing like mad and have to bite my finger to stop. I don't know why.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • ca$hbunni
  • Tujev
  • Glockamole