• This topic has 9 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland’s special prosecutors say they have taken steps toward seeking the extradition from the U.S. of a Minnesota man they accuse of participating in a World War II massacre.

The Associated Press had previously identified the man as 98-year-old Michael Karkoc, an ex-commander in an SS-led Nazi unit that burned Polish villages and killed civilians —including women and children— during the war.

The National Remembrance Institute said Tuesday the request was forwarded to Poland’s Embassy in Washington last month for handing over to U.S. justice authorities.

The motion’s status could not be immediately confirmed as the embassy was closed for the July 4 U.S. holiday.

Karkoc’s family denies he was involved in any war crimes.

A prosecutor in Poland says that evidence shows without doubt that a Minnesota man was a Nazi unit commander suspected of contributing to the death of 44 Poles.

Robert Janicki said that various evidence gathered in years of investigation into U.S. citizen ‘Michael K’ confirmed “100 percent” that he was a World War II commander of a unit in the SS-led Ukrainian Self Defense Legion, which is accused of burning villages and killing civilians in Poland.

Prosecutors of the state National Remembrance Institute have asked a local court in Poland to issue an arrest warrant for Karkoc. If granted, Poland would seek his extradition, Janicki said.

Karkoc’s family denies that he was involved in any war crimes. His son Andriy Karkoc says stories about his father are “misinformation or disinformation” launched by Vladimir Putin’s government. The younger Karkoc says he can’t comment on a Polish prosecutor’s announcement Monday that evidence shows his father, Michael Karkoc, was a Nazi unit commander suspected of contributing to the death of 44 Poles.

But Andriy Karkoc insists his father wasn’t in Poland and wasn’t responsible for any war crimes. He accuses The Associated Press, which first reported on Michael Karkoc’s past in 2013, of “scandalous and baseless slanders.” And he says AP is “letting itself be used as a tool for Putin’s fake news.”

He says his father is 98 years old and unable to defend himself.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center’s top Nazi hunter is applauding Polish prosecutors for deciding to seek an arrest warrant for Karkoc.

Efraim Zuroff told The Associated Press by phone from Jerusalem on Monday that “it’s high time that the Poles became more active seeking people who committed crimes in World War II on Polish soil.”

He says any legal step “sends a very powerful message.”

Germany shelved its own investigation of Karkoc in 2015 after concluding he was unfit for trial. Zuroff says independent doctors should re-assess him.

http://www.kare11.com/news/poland-moves-toward-extradition-of-mn-man-in-nazi-case/454056565

Statement from his son regarding the allegations. March 2017.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JFN3sQywK0

Press Conference with his son. March 2017.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDVL7xibMc

We found a Nazi in Minnesota!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzSD213Qvg

Anonymous

Ukraine to not enter Europe with Bandera, – Polish MFA

Poland will demand from Kyiv to review the historical issues before the entrance to the European Union. Particularly, it is the issues of Stepan Bandera and problems of the minority rights. The Minister of the Foreign Affairs of Poland Witold Waszczykowski claimed this at the interview to wPolityce.

‘Our message is extremely clear: you will not enter the Europe with Bandera. We tell about this loud and silently. We will not repeat the mistakes of 1990s years when there were the problems in the relations with Germany and Lithuania. I mean the status of the Polish minorities in these countries. We have such experience and we will firmly demand from Ukraine to get all things done before Kyiv will ask the membership in Europe’, he said.

The Polish politician Jaroslaw Kaczynski came out with the similar statement. He claimed that Ukraine will not enter the European Union until it maintains the cult of personality made of Stepan Bandera.

http://112.international/politics/ukraine-to-not-enter-europe-with-bandera-polish-mfa-18504.html

Anonymous

Today , the streets named after Stepan Bandera and Roman Shukevych were renamed after Greek Catholic bishops in the city of Mukachevo, Transcarpathian region.

The comments of minister of the Foreign Affairs of Poland could influence on the decision ?

Anonymous

Good news. But I doubt if anyone’s comments had an impact on that decision; if that would be a thing then names would be changed in many places right now.

Anonymous

It’s a travesty and a perversion of justice.

Anonymous

Just because streets are named something different does not change the fact that a Nazi collaborator is glorified.  The Greek Catholics were, and still are, a Polish-Papist attempt to draw Ukraina away from her roots as an Orthodox Rus’ state.

Anonymous

@MikhailA My Ukrainian Russian Orthodox grandfather from Volyn (RIP!) would strongly agree with you! 

There are many streets in Volyn named after Bandera and he’s not even from there! Plus, the ill-conceived Bandera State Music Festival held in Lutsk each year. Volyn must remove all evidence of Nazi collaboration and crimes against humanity committed on Volhynian soil if they want to be taken seriously by the West. 

Anonymous

@MikhailA
    >Just because streets are named something different does not change the fact that a Nazi collaborator is glorified.

Russians are the biggiest hypocrites among Soviets. Russians politicians like to point out to colloboration of western Ukrainians, Latvians, Estonians, Crimean Tatars, while the largest number of colloboratators with the Axis power were ethnic Russians.

The two main forms of mass collaboration in the Nazi-occupied territories of the Soviet Union throughout World War II were both military in nature. It is estimated that anywhere between 600,000 and 1,400,000 Soviets (Russians and non-Russians) joined the Wehrmacht forces as Hiwis (or Hilfswillige) in the initial stages of the German Operation Barbarossa, ahead of the subsequent implementation of the more oppressive administrative methods by the SS. As much as 20% of the German manpower in Soviet Russia was composed of the former Soviet citizens. About half of them were ethnic Russians. The second type of mass collaboration were the indigenous security formations (majority non-ethnically Russian) running into hundreds of thousands and possibly as high as two million (250,000 volunteers in the East Legions alone). Military collaboration – wrote Alex Alexiev – took place in truly unprecedented numbers suggesting that, more often than not, the Germans were perceived at first as lesser of two evils
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_collaborationism_with_the_Axis_powers

The Lokot Autonomy (Russian: Локотскoe самоуправление) was a semi-autonomous region in Nazi German-occupied Central Russia. The name is derived from the region’s administrative center, the urban-type settlement of Lokot in Oryol Oblast (now located in Bryansk Oblast). The “Autonomy” covered the area of eight raions (the present-day Brasovsky, Dmitriyevsky, Dmitrovsky, Komarichsky, Navlinsky, Sevsky, Suzemsky and Zheleznogorsky districts) now divided between Bryansk, Oryol and Kursk Oblasts.[2] The autonomy was to serve as a test case for a Russian collaborationist government under the SS in Reichskommissariat Moskowien.[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lokot_Autonomy

>The Greek Catholics were, and still are, a Polish-Papist attempt to draw Ukraina away from her roots as an Orthodox Rus’ state.

Rus state had metropolitan of Kiev and all Rus’ (Ruthenia) of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople that existed in 988–1596 for metropolitan bishops of the Kiev Metropolis and later between 1620 and 1686. That was the original church of Rus’ state with the religious centre in Kyiv. Later, Moscuvites proclaimed themselves a separate patriarchate that was not recognised by other Orthodox patriarchates for some time. During that time Constantinople fell to the Ottomans. So there was a union of Brest (1596) where the decision of eastern Orthodox clergy in Ruthenia (not Roman Catholic Poles) decided to enter the communion with the Pope of Rome. The religion and religious celebrations remained the same in Greek Catholic church as in eastern Orthodox church, while the hierachy was broken to escape the influence of the Muscovites. Common folks did notice any changes in hierachy ie the transition between eastern Orthodoxy to Greek Catholicism.  A bit later after Moscow patriarchate was recognised by other Orthodox patriarchates  Muscow patriarchate paid bribes to Constaninople bishops to get Ruthenian lands into Moscow patriarchate jurisdiction. Firest left bank Ukraine entered Moscow patriarchate. After the division of Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth (1795) right bank Ukraine and Belarus (the GDL) entered Moscow patriarchate with Greek Catholic churches getting closed by Tsar authorities. Galicia remained Greek Catholic as it was part of Austro-Hungarian empire. Today, Ukrainians join Ukrainian Orthodox church of Kyivan patriarchate to escape the influence of the Russians despite Kyivan patriachate is not recognised by other Orthodox patriachates.  Russian politicians have been trying to influence Ukrainian through Orthodox church of Moscow patriachate. In fact 50% of Ukrainians transfered to Kyivan patriarchate since early 90s The situation is changing even more rapidly after the events in 2014. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Orthodox_Church_of_the_Kyivan_Patriarchate

Anonymous

@Sviatogor I’ve laways wondered about Greek Catholics but was too lazy to look it up myself, so thanks for summing it up for me.

@Karpivna
    >if they want to be taken seriously by the west

No one takes the west seriously, lol. And one of the reasons for it is persecuting old men for daring to defend themselves, their families and their countryfolk from thieves and robbers.

Anonymous

Man, Slavs who are nazis or nazi sympathizers are either completely dim, or have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to ignore the fact that the NS Master Daddy HATED Slavs.

Anonymous

@texczech82 Since we’re talking about nazism, have you seen a movie called Habermann?

It’s a Czech movie (Czech title: Habermannův mlýn – Habermann’s mill) released in 2010. It’s about people living in Sudetenland and how the war changed their lives and shows the relationship between Czechs and Germans during those times. The movie tries to avoid picking sides between Czechs and Germans, so I think it’s interesting. It has some main characters, but not any Hollywood heroes. Just regular people.

Since it’s a Czech movie, I doubt it has been dubbed into English, but I’m sure there are subtitles for it. I watched it a few days ago on TV. Thought you might be interested… Or anyone else reading this. :D

Anonymous

@”Kapitán Denis”

Never heard of it, but thanks for letting me know about it. I’ll try to seek it out, for sure. I hope it’s subtitled, because most dubs of non-English language films are pretty silly.

Anonymous

You should try and find surviving veterans from SS Galizien in the US and then tell them Hitler didn’t love them.
    I’m sure it will break their little heart. :D

Anonymous

I get it. You’re like those girls who just fall completely for men who aren’t only unavailable, but actually detest them. “Please, just LOVE me! I hate Jews, too! I think all of Europe should be one big Germany, too! Please, please let me join the cool swazi club!”

Maybe I’ll get a tattoo of Farrakhan and join the nation of islam.

Anonymous

Yeah, no way they had legitimate grievances. It must’ve been love.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.