• This topic has 174 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by  Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 175 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I’ve read every single genetic study about Poles and Belarusians. I am still surprised about  similarities between Poles and Belarusians.  Russians and Ukrainians are not as similar to Belarusians as Poles.

Why this is so?

Here’re regular Belarusians. If not for the background I’d have assumed the girls are Poles.

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have several genetic profiles of Mazovians – north-eastern Poles living around Warsaw. Genetically, Mazovians are indistinguishable to us.

Anonymous

Here’re regular Belarusians. If not for the background I’d have assumed the girls are Poles.

Background? O_o

Anonymous

By the way:

Pole and Belarusian.

Anonymous

@GaiusCoriolanus

I knew you would comment in this topic.

>Background? O_o

Do you have such tables in schools as on the picture above? I don’t think so. :)

Anonymous

repeat/

Anonymous

Poles also stole our food. Such as Bigos and Żurek.

Anonymous

@Sviatogor

Do you have such tables in schools as on the picture above? I don’t think so. 

Last time I was in school (college/university/whatever) building we had similar.

I see you as south-western Belarusian despite you don’t speak Belarusian language. You live 70km away from Brest city. In your heart you know that you have Belarusian ancestry.

Although you are fooling around you may be accidentally correct to some extend :D Basing on my region’s history.

Anonymous

Masovians don’t represent the entire Polish nationality. Think of Poland as different West and East Slavic tribes living under one name and banner, Pałuki and Pomeranians are different from Silesians who in turn are different from Masovians and Eastern Poles. The only thing that unites us is our common tongue (debatable) and history. 

Also, @GaiusCoriolanus is Polish, its kind of strange labelling him as a Belarusian when he himself claims that his roots are Ruthenian (which is more similar to Ukrainian than to Belarusian), also I live 40 minutes from the German border, (1 hour and 20 minutes from Berlin), this does not make any more German than Polish.

Anonymous

@GaiusCoriolanus

>Last time I was in school (college/university/whatever) building we had similar.

When were you in school . In late 80s? :)

Anonymous

@”Bernhard ”

>Masovians don’t represent the entire Polish nationality.

I know what you mean. It’s like saying a certain group of Belarusians represent all Belarusians which is nonsense.

But there’s a group of people in Poland and Belarus that represent Poles and Belarusians. In Poland these people are  Mazovians. In Belarus these  are people of Vitsebsk region – northern Belarus.

PS I don’t know about your ancestry. @GaiusCoriolanus is Belarusian by descent. He even has south-western Belarusian surname living 70km from Brest. Ask him if he feels close to the Belarusians.

Anonymous

It’s just pragmatism, who cares about the tables as long as they are functional?

Anonymous

Poles are crass!

@”Bernhard ” and @GaiusCoriolanus are good examples. I hate the fact we are similar to Poles.

Anonymous

You are correct. Same as Londoners set the stereotype for the English or Bavarians for the Germans. I see it though, Masovians are very similar to Belarusians and East Slavs, in my opinion, Eastern Poles are Eastern Slavs. I do like their folk dresses.

I don’t know too much about Belarus and their culture (other than that it had a huge impact on Polish culture). My dad is half Belarusian, his father is an ethnic Belarusian from Dabraulyany, Hrodna voblast. My surname is also pretty common there. I want to visit my family graves their one day. Anyway, Belarus and Poland share a close history and culture, I think it would be cool if we could connect via the Internet and show off more connections (and whatnot).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.