• This topic has 3 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

On first january introduced  in Poland eWUŚ, electronic system of checking entitlement to health benefits. This cost of course lot of money and working in about 70%.
    In addition to technical problems there is one more serious, the assumptions of the system itself. Imagine that you are sick and you go to the hospital. At the start they want your ID (in Poland dowód osobisty or prawo jazdy – drivers license) and enter your registration number in the system. If you are in the system everything is ok, but not all employers can put you in it. If you're not there and you have job and insurance, you have to sign a declaration on paper that you are entitled to medical care. And now the best part: entitlements are checked everyday, so every day you have to sign a paper. What if you are unconscious, don't have ID, you are a child or a  old man (they are entitled to free medical care but eWUŚ don't know about it).  And if you are a foreigner who does not speak Polish? In our ministry of health everybody are so happy: they have a new toy, some earned on the side, but above all, the Big Brother in Brussels is happy.
    We can stand it, you know, matter of habit. With foreigners it will be fun, they go to the hospital with the flu, and will come out with a mental illness.
    Greetings from Poland and remember not to get sick, especially here ;)

Anonymous

What if you are unconscious, don't have ID, you are a child or a  old man (they are entitled to free medical care but eWUŚ don't know about it).  And if you are a foreigner who does not speak Polish?

did makers of that thing really forget these possibilities?
    do even people who acutely need medical help have to sign anything?

or is that just your speculation?

and what does brussels have with this?

Anonymous

Everywhere except Silesia :)

Here we have an old chip-card based system (at least 10 years old), which works perfectly (the system dates to the times of different regional health funds). So every healthcare problem omitted us.

I wonder why other regions didn't implemented the system. Moreover, when former Silesian regional fund chairman, who then had some position in the national heathcare fund, wanted to implement the system in whole Poland, he was charged with accusations about supposed money loss (which was proven to be wrong), and lost his position in the national care fund.

Anonymous
    Quote:

did makers of that thing really forget these possibilities?
    do even people who acutely need medical help have to sign anything?

or is that just your speculation?

and what does brussels have with this?

He don't forget about these possibilities, he decided that it's good solution. The problem is that the statement must be made ​​every day. Bureaucracy, tons of paper and disorder, this is what it looks.
    paper must be signed by a person that is not in the system, regardless of his health.
    This is not my speculations, today I saw it with my own eyes.
    Brussels is partially funded this piece of crap. Besides, EU likes to have an eye on all.

Quote:
    Everywhere except Silesia :)

Here we have an old chip-card based system (at least 10 years old), which works perfectly (the system dates to the times of different regional health funds). So every healthcare problem omitted us.

I wonder why other regions didn't implemented the system. Moreover, when former Silesian regional fund chairman, who then had some position in the national heathcare fund, wanted to implement the system in whole Poland, he was charged with accusations about supposed money loss (which was proven to be wrong), and lost his position in the national care fund.

Its good for you.
    It seems that when the Silesian health insurance was buy chip cards, masovia bought new cars for directors.

Anonymous

am amazed by your deduction. that poor city in belgium is blamed for failure of polish bureaucracy

Anonymous
    Quote:
    am amazed by your deduction. that poor city in belgium is blamed for failure of polish bureaucracy

I do not blame brussels, they do what they think is right. Whether it is good for others is a different matter. Bureaucrats in the European Union want to have it all sorted out. So we sorted it out, in Warsaw style.
    This thread is not about hating on EU. I just want to tell you to look at your politicians hands.

Anonymous

i strongly doubt eu demanded this – i cant think about anything like this in slovakia.

Anonymous

Anything like what? Problems with the implementation of the new system, or the same program?
    And why you doubt? They came up with even better ways to improve life.

Anonymous

with the program. if eu demanded this, all member states including slovakia would be implementing it. but since i dont see this in slovakia, it is polish-only thing and you are wrongly blaming eu.

Anonymous

I don't understand you. In Slovakia there is no register of insured persons? In Germany for example there is GKV with cards, in UK you get a social security number. This are electronic databases.
    EHIC cards are registered too. So i don't know what you meant.

Anonymous

there is old registry, and since we dont seem to be implementing a new one, the polish is hardly a eu initiative.
    i hope you understand now.

Anonymous

Now i know what you mean. I can't find the number of EU directive speaking on standards in medical insurance databases. I find that Slovak registry is compatible with EHIC program, just like old Polish was. The problem is that our policy makers must always be first in everything. In this year i become a biometrical id card user for example. This is not cool.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.