• This topic has 15 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Polish president accuses Obama of betraying Poland

Reflecting Warsaw's long-standing anger over the 2009 cancellation of a controversial Bush-era anti-ballistic missile system President Bronislaw Komorowski said Poland should build its own missile shield to ensure national defence.
    "Our mistake was that by accepting the American offer of a shield we failed to take into account the political risk associated with a change of president," said Mr Komorowski in a magazine interview. "We paid a high political price. We do not want to make the same mistake again. We must have a missile system as an element of our defences."
    Last week, Mitt Romney used a visit to Warsaw to condemn Russia as a "country where the desire to be free is met with brutal oppression" in a bid to establish hawkish credentials ahead of the US elections.
    The Republican candidate has accused President Obama of "abandoning Poland" by cancelling the missile defence plan in order to aid his much-criticised attempt to "reset" relations with Moscow.
    Mr Obama's decision to scrap George W Bush's original missile shield dismayed the Polish government, especially as many Poles saw it as an attempt to appease Russia, Poland's historical and Cold War foe.
    RELATED ARTICLES
    Romney's foreign vacuum leaves lasting damage 04 Aug 2012
    Romney tells Reid: 'put up or shut up' 03 Aug 2012
    Romney: Russia falters on road to freedom 31 Jul 2012
    Mitt Romney aide in new ‘kiss my ass’ gaffe 31 Jul 2012
    Later US pledges to place a Patriot missile battery in Poland, and elements of the SM-3 interceptors which will replace the Bush system, failed to eradicate the perception in Warsaw that Polish interests had been sacrificed for the benefit of Washington-Moscow relations.
    By wishing to avoid another "mistake", Mr Komorowski has questioned the long-term viability of the US made SM-3 system, which is intended to secure Nato's eastern flank from missile attacks launched from the Middle East.
    Stanislaw Koziej, head of Poland's National Security Council and a former defence minister, said any Polish missile system would be integrated into Nato systems. He added that while the American system will defend Poland it was also created, he claimed, to suit the needs of the US, and therefore a national system was needed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/9456610/Polish-president-accuses-Obama-of-betraying-Poland.html

Anonymous

It is sad to see our countries being used and manipulated over and over again.  :(

Anonymous

I think it should had been warning enough that the Americans bretrayed Poland back in the 1940s.

Anonymous

Good for Polacks, they are developing their own land based SDI systems :)

Anonymous

Doesn't surprise me that Poland is getting screwed over again. Poland should just give America a double "fuck you!!" and just build their own missile defense.

Anonymous

You can not believe stronger that in case of war he will help you. Such alliances like Poland and US or NATO or any other bullcrap will not work in real war. In real war between NATO and Russia ,central Europe would be buffer zone. Nothing more. So I would say fuck such alliances with US or any other "superpower".

Anonymous

I wish the EU had the balls to stand on it's own and declare itself neutral from any potential future conflicts between Russia and America. Not that they will ever do that with the amount of American bases they are allowing to be built.

Anonymous

President Komorowski is absolutely correct. Moreover, Obama’s betrayal resulted in Putin seizing the opportunity to assassinate the entire Polish government–an act of war our so-called media has criminally neglected:

Digital Enhancement Of Amateur Plane Crash Site Footage (w / English Subtitles) In Smolensk:
    Digital Enhancement Of Amateur Plane Crash Site Footage (w / English Subtitles) In Smolensk ☠

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Putin seizing the opportunity to assassinate the entire Polish government–an act of war our so-called media has criminally neglected

Hm, before I had just some vague suspicions that this user is not completely adequate. Now they aren't simple suspicions anymore.
    However, the most overwhelming version I have ever read about this issue was that Russians had used their weather-controlling stations to destroy the plane and after had also initiated the eruption of the Icelandic volcano in order to distract the world's attention from the crimes. It was really charming.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hm, before I had just some vague suspicions that this user is not completely adequate. Now they aren't simple suspicions anymore.
    However, the most overwhelming version I have ever read about this issue was that Russians had used their weather-controlling stations to destroy the plane and after had also initiated the eruption of the Icelandic volcano in order to distract the world's attention from the crimes. It was really charming.

That’s amazing! How the West is going to make the defense system effective if the Russians can just utilize their weather stations to disrupt any system, induce volcanic eruptions and God knows what else they can do.  ::)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That’s amazing! How the West is going to make the defense system effective if the Russians can just utilize their weather stations to disrupt any system, induce volcanic eruptions and God knows what else they can do.  ::)

Well, I must confess that seeing all that chaos in Russia nowadays, it warms my heart to know that at least brother Poles think of us as superhumans with superweapons. It is touching.

Anonymous

Isn't the problem fundamentally between Poland and Russia? Not US? One president makes an arrangement with Poland, Russia gets angry. Next president makes arrangement to "appease" Russia, Poland gets angry. So who's the problem? Isn't this exactly the kind of thing that Slavorum is trying to address; why can't Russian and Poland come to agreements on important things? There wouldn't be any US "betrayal" if Russia and Poland were in agreement on these important issues. Don't "blame the messenger."

Anonymous
    Quote:
    why can't Russian and Poland come to agreements on important things?

This would be an ideal. But I don't believe that current Russian government would ever make any steps towards other Slavs. In fact, it is anti-Russian, so why on Earth wouldn't it be anti-Polish/Ukrainian, too? Russia could be an ice-breaker on the way towards the unification of Slavs, but it is never going to happen under present circumstances. Too bad.

Quote:
    There wouldn't be any US "betrayal" if Russia and Poland were in agreement on these important issues.

I don't understand at all why the US would even meddle in Eastern European affairs. Not that I am anti-American as most of my compatriots are or in this 'fat-silly-hamburger-eaters' stuff, but I don't really see the point of their interference.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't understand at all why the US would even meddle in Eastern European affairs. Not that I am anti-American as most of my compatriots are or in this 'fat-silly-hamburger-eaters' stuff, but I don't really see the point of their interference.

I agree. The US should not meddle in Eastern Europe. I think the US meddling is driven by greedy companies known as the "military-industrial-complex". They have powerful political lobbies in Washington, and push for policy intervention around the world that creates business opportunities for them to sell weapons, munitions, strategic and tactical services, infrastructure development, anything they can think of or get their hands on.

My only point here was, and you understood it clearly, that in this case, the flip-flop is caused by discord in Polish/Russian relations, not really anything the US is doing specifically. It might be better called "Russian Betrayal" because the Russians put significant, and I mean significant, pressure on US to change this deal. Personally we shouldn't be involved at all in the first place.

Anonymous

Western Jews are trying to convince the people in their sphere of influence that only they can protect them against the "evil East". Eastern Jews in turn are trying to convince the people in their sphere of influence that only they can protect them against the "evil West". However, in reality East and West are not opposed to each other as they like us to believe. They are just Zionists opposed to Slavs, Europeans and all mankind. In this sense, I can only agree with the statements of Kanadets, Bitwa and MrX.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • GOGA
  • CivilixXXX
  • jorgos
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Glockamole