• This topic has 7 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

The more I read about what is happening in politics the more I feel there is an issue between Ukraine and Poland and it have nothing to do with history.
    Poland is known of helping neighbours ,especially on the east. Eastern minorities have many priviledges ,and gain more and more help especially Ukrainians know. I've just read that Military Academies and after them other Universities want a FREE studies for Ukrainians! We have serious problems ,yet we are giving them FREE shelter and medical care in hospitals (where Poles have problems to gain place) etc.
    The obvious part of those -payed by most hard working White nation in the world- studies are money for them to have something to eat. We have affirmative actions for blacks and they receive a FREE place to stay ,a bicycle and monthly payed money 2,5 thousand PLN. Those money are a dream for many hard working Poles. Now they are creating same affirmative actions for Ukrainians. I'm asking myself WHY?
    Polish state is acting like that when Ukrainian state delegalized Polish language as language of minority (among other). There are most important Ukrainian politicians who praise BAndera and dont see problem in Wołyń genocide.
    Now we have a little affair in Poland because Ukrainian journalist of Polish radio was permanently making anti-Polish statements on air. 
    Here is a disscusion between one of the leaders of Polish "National Movement" with leader of Ukrainian minority organisation in Poland.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76H-jEeju3M

Sorry for my chaotic post but I'm a bit disturbed and angry.
    So please write here about gestures between Poles and Ukrainians.
    I mean, write about positive and negative actions of Polish state or some formalized organizations (yes nationalistic organizations count) for Ukrainians and about positive and negative acts of Ukrainian state and organizations for Poles. Because I feel there is an absurd asymmetry and Poles are making fool out of themselves. But maybe I have bad perspective and not enough of informations ,so please ,participate and write!
    Sława!
    PS.: Of course "FREE" means payed by working Poles.

Anonymous

>of course "FREE" means payed by working Poles.
    >payed by working Poles
    >Working Poles

Top kek mate, 7/10 ;D

Anonymous

But seriously, I would have no problem sharing little what we have with Ukes.

Anonymous

I can give one important example. University.

I was on the 3rd year (last). To be honest, more time I was absent than present on lessons, so it is logical that have to pass every subject I've failed. But. An Ukrainian girl was absent as well. She had no problems with passing exams – in one subject she was also allowed to pass in Ukrainian language (we were studying English). The teacher doesn't know Ukrainian language but passed her. I've failed, while I was speaking fluent English, with some grammar mistakes.

Now how it looks? One Polish girl have just born a child few months ago, so she is allowed to be absent more than anyone else, which is also logical and understandable. But the same right has this Ukrainian girl, who has no child. I thought, maybe this whole Maidan is a reason – but answer is no. While Ukrainians had their demonstrations in Kiev, she was happily walking through some Austrian streets, making photos and giving "likes" on facebook. And she is passing every single subject, while she knows generally NOTHING about this language. Once was a time, last "Speaking" lesson in a term. Teacher was irritated, because she came for the first time on this lessons, so he was asking her during the lesson to see, what is with her progress. When he asked her: "what do you think about euthanasia", she answered: "I don't like this law".
    And this was her whole answer, on a 3rd year lessons. Obviously, she passed.

I hate this way of special treatment of Ukrainians, like they were saints. We, Poles, have to learn, have to be present, and the most – we have to be nice to the teachers, even if a teacher is not. And Ukrainians?

In contrast, Belarussians have no privilages, they are treated like we, Poles, are. And they are complaining on Ukrainians as well. Last time there was a meeting with students about helping Ukraine during their problems. To give some money etc. Many people simply left this meeting because they had enough of Ukrainians with special rights.

I am not against them, generally. But in this case, when I have failed and 3 years of my life are f*cked up, while Ukrainians are on happy holiday in March, I have enough of them. I don't see the problem if they live here, but if they are just. Where is a basic definition of equality?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Where is a basic definition of equality?

Sucks to be a non-minority in a (relatively) western democracy mate.

But same thing happens here in my University on more sought after collages, like economy or engineering. We carried over "holy trinity+1" rule from the old communist era. For every Bosniak there needs to be a Croat and a Serb and on every ten of us Slavsh.its comes a minority, a Jew or one of the Others (basically everything ranging from Gypsies to the Ukrainian/Russian minority in Sarajevo). During the admittance test, in which top 250 students are admitted in to the college, and it's results I have seen literally hundred or so names usually attributed to Bosniaks in the top picks have been replaced by equal or sup par Croatian/Serb counterparts. They just got a blue envelope containing a letter of apology, explaining how the "student limits have been reached" and is basically saying to the reader better luck next year (after you pay 100 Euros of test fees) you bloody goy.

I recognized this long before I applied, so I just bought my way into college, because I knew that my 79% of completed admittance test wasn't going to secure me a place there ;D

Anonymous

Yeah, everything sucks. As far as I know, a university earns money for every non-Polish student. It may be a reason, why they always pass. Every retake test a Ukrainian has here works in the same way as queen in Great Britain – it is only representative. In practise they will pass anyway.

But now I ask, why Belarussians are treated normal? They are not Poles. One girl from Brest couldn't take a part in Erasmus, because she has no Polish citizenship, and Pole's Card neither. This Ukrainian girl, obviously, had a right because her grandfather is Polish. In general, she doesn't even know where are Carpathian Mountains. A colleague said her, that these mountains are near Lviv. She told: "no, Carpathian Mountains are on east of Ukraine, near the border with Russia". When he argued, giving her a map and adding, there is a football club Karpaty Lwów, she told: "no, I know better, because I'm from Ukraine. I know where are mountains in my country".

How is possible that such a person could have a degree in anything? :( Of course it is not a rule, that Ukrainians do not know where they have mountains – only she is… strange.

And Belarussians know exactly, where is something. Mostly. Generally, for me Poles and Belarussians are quite the same in a way they behave. The only difference I recognized is a language. Ukrainians differ a lot.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I can give one important example. University.

I was on the 3rd year (last). To be honest, more time I was absent than present on lessons, so it is logical that have to pass every subject I've failed. But. An Ukrainian girl was absent as well. She had no problems with passing exams – in one subject she was also allowed to pass in Ukrainian language (we were studying English). The teacher doesn't know Ukrainian language but passed her. I've failed, while I was speaking fluent English, with some grammar mistakes.

Now how it looks? One Polish girl have just born a child few months ago, so she is allowed to be absent more than anyone else, which is also logical and understandable. But the same right has this Ukrainian girl, who has no child. I thought, maybe this whole Maidan is a reason – but answer is no. While Ukrainians had their demonstrations in Kiev, she was happily walking through some Austrian streets, making photos and giving "likes" on facebook. And she is passing every single subject, while she knows generally NOTHING about this language. Once was a time, last "Speaking" lesson in a term. Teacher was irritated, because she came for the first time on this lessons, so he was asking her during the lesson to see, what is with her progress. When he asked her: "what do you think about euthanasia", she answered: "I don't like this law".
    And this was her whole answer, on a 3rd year lessons. Obviously, she passed.

I hate this way of special treatment of Ukrainians, like they were saints. We, Poles, have to learn, have to be present, and the most – we have to be nice to the teachers, even if a teacher is not. And Ukrainians?

In contrast, Belarussians have no privilages, they are treated like we, Poles, are. And they are complaining on Ukrainians as well. Last time there was a meeting with students about helping Ukraine during their problems. To give some money etc. Many people simply left this meeting because they had enough of Ukrainians with special rights.

I am not against them, generally. But in this case, when I have failed and 3 years of my life are f*cked up, while Ukrainians are on happy holiday in March, I have enough of them. I don't see the problem if they live here, but if they are just. Where is a basic definition of equality?

seems like ukrvostokmafia is having real special treatment in poleland.
    once i read a funny article about ukrvostokmafia coming to slovakia. there was an interview with some orientalniger who came here to work as a nurse or something:
    – she said she holds no prejudices against ppl in slovakia
    – then she said something like: "ppl in slovakia are greedy and lazy"
    i raised a brow or two :D

Quote:
    Ukrainians do not know where they have mountains

they dont have any mountains, only hills :P

Anonymous

These are not so high as in Poland or Slovakia, but still these are part of Carpathian Mountains. Still… Hoverla is a mountain in Chornohora. But the point was that she doesn't know where it is. It is simply sad. I could as well do not know where we have a coast in Poland <_< Well, I know one girl who thinks that a border with Germany is on the north, near Lithuania <_<

Anonymous

I have problem not with Ukrainians or anybody else as minority. I have problem with those who treat them like this. Why those privileges? They are poor ,ok but Ukraine is not an African colony. Hell I don't even know,why people form colonies are treated special.  I feel that we make fools out of ourselves in one of the most absurd ways possible.

Anonymous

Djengi, djengi.

I've noticed in a university only rich Ukrainians. None of theme was poor or even average.

Anonymous

Gaius Martius Coriolanus and Barov , you both failed Ukrainian geography.  :) There's a small range of  mountains in southern Crimea which are popular with tourists.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Of course there're carpathian mountains in western Ukraine, which are beautiful. They are popular with many landscape photographers. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Gaius Martius Coriolanus and Barov , you both failed Ukrainian geography.  :) There's a small range of  mountains in southern Crimea which are popular with tourists.

ONLY HILLS!
    ~
    true mountains are like this:
    /
    <br /;D” title=”>;D” class=”bbcode_smiley” />

Anonymous

I never heard of anything like this when I was studying. I heard rather from several Ukrainians that their university degrees were frowned upon here as something lesser to ours and that they struggled to get work in their directions.

This sort of preferential treatment does sound very strange indeed, though. Like in Western European countries with this guilt for past colonial actions, or whatever. Very strange. I don't understand it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • kony97
  • jorgos