Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi there.
    Few days ago I posted in thread "Sorbian folk costumes" next post:

Quote:
    I want Polish people to have so deep respect to their national tradition like Sorbs. I wonder why so much Polish youth prefers western culture than our beautiful Polish one.

So much Polish youth loves Western lifestyle, and finds our Polish one as old, backward, poor, "wieśniackie" (I don't know how to say that in English, if someone knows please tell me), and don't have respect to our tradition. Lot of them think that Americans, English and French are great sample how to life and behave, how to dress, what music listen to etc. What I consider most anxious is that not small part of them want to work out of Poland, because it's "poor and undeveloped country". Some time ago teacher asked in our class: Who wants there to live abroad in future? I was the one who didn't pick up hand. It was really sad.
    I just want to ask: Why? What can we do to rebuild their opinion about Poland, and our traditions?

Anonymous

I think that it boils down to a western-capitalist-fetish. Communism has made Slavic life miserable and backwards and it really ruined all the meaningful and good traditions. All the previous values became forced to stand against the commies and they were not genuinely believed. The western model provides a sort of relaxing that many Slavs craved in the 1990s. For example, my cousins loved Corona beer… it is expensive and exotic in Poland but cheap in the US so they drank it so much here. When really, all you need to do is get Polish breweries up to standard and any Polish beer is better than Corona. That's just one example, but what you seem to be describing is a problem of people not wanting to put in the effort to make their country better. This is sad, since previously all effort to make the country better was lost and people have gotten used to the fact that such things are not worth it. It is really a feeling of hopelessness and that is a critical weakness that the West will exploit to flood our lands with their decadence. Slavs need to realize that capitalism can now be exploited to bring our nations back up to their previous good standards, those ideals that we dream about. Time for dreaming is over, time for action is now.

Anonymous

There is hope,
    Finland was poorer than Poland in the 1920s and, today, Finland is now one of the wealthiest countries in Europe and has virtually no multiculturalism.

There are already signs of improvement, I'm sure older generations in Poland could never have imagine that one day there could had been a supermarket like Tesco in Warsaw.  Life isn't always fair but as long as Eastern Europe can keep out the immigrants and foreign resource countries – maybe by 2050 or 2060, things may be comparable to Finland?

Anonymous

I hope, but this not happen by itself. With Finland it sort of did, more so than the current situation in West Slavia. Finland modernized at a time when international travel and all that was still not that common for average folks. Schengen didn't exist and other things. So, Czechia, Poland and Slovakia can end up in a good clean state such as Finland, but very precise pro-active measures will need to be taken by a well-run nationalist government.

Many young people in Poland today like this guy Janusz Palikot, but personally he makes me want to puke – he's for on demand abortion, gay marriage, legalized pot and the full spectrum of liberal crap. The only thing that he is right on is the separation of Church and State, which ironically most nationalists are for. Thus, as the current state of affairs in Poland is, neither the lefties nor the righties will set a good course. A new radical voice and action are needed. NOP provides this to a degree, but they are super Catholic. I don't want Poland to be a Catholic version of Iran. Ugh.

I say look to Japan for a good current state model. And of course, from history, The Third Reich, arguably the most revolutionary nationalist regime. Mussolini should be examined as well. Even the USSR should be looked at with a cool and rational eye. Bits and pieces of each must be taken and suited to Slavic needs. The solution will not happen, it must be made.

Anonymous

I disagree with you partially Husarz.
    Fistly, I don't think that People's Republic of Poland was bad for our nation. Things like abortion, homosexual marriage etc. were illegal. We had positive Population growth (If I remember good: 1945 – 25 mln, 1990 – 36), and even government had respect for nation and tradition (Millenium existence of Poland – 1966). And what's also important – in Poland lived nearly only Polish people – no multiculturalism or immigrants. No western-capitalist crap and habits. And not, I'm not a stalinist by the way. I just consider PRL good for us :)
    Secondly, I don't think Japan should be state model for us. I think we should look for good state model in Dmowski's and/or Piłsudski's ideology. We don't need foreign models.
    I agree that Polish youth's love to Western culture is connected with political changes 1989. People considered then everything connected with PRL bad, old and backwards, one problem – lot of our national culture with it, morality and ethics. Nowadays there are much less people in churches every Sunday, in PRL churches were full… Capitalism also allows US to bring there their crap…
    Well, I think that capitalism is most guilty of not respect to Polish culture and traditions.
    And I don't want to start conflict here. It's just discussion for people with another arguments.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I disagree with you partially Husarz.
    Fistly, I don't think that People's Republic of Poland was bad for our nation.

I would agree with you here. It did keep the Polish folk together. I tried to get at this by saying that we we should examine the USSR with a cool and rational eye, but what I really meant was the Communist system. There are good bits and pieces all over.

Then about Japan…. you are totally right here. There are enough Slavic models and ideas for us to work from. Dmowski is an interesting figure, the NOP party in Poland goes by his philosophy for the most part. My main problem with Dmowski is that he made the Catholic faith and intrinsic part of Polish identity.

Anonymous

Unfortunately, it is whole of European youth loving Western culture, not just youth. :(
    Richer Western Europeans have been exposed to this "culture" for so long that they are consumed by it, while poorer Eastern Europeans are desperately trying to catch up by being more Western than Western.

Anonymous

Sincerly I don't know… I was born in Poland, raised and have lived there for 7 years. I learned a lot, especially from my grandmother, and I have never forgot my culture. Now I live in another country, from 18 years that I am here but… How tells me my friends, I'm totally different from them, I think in a way totally different and act differently. I think that just because I'm Polish and I will remain it forever. It seems strange that in all these years I have not been contaminated by Western culture? This would be enough to quiet cultural anthropology, that I'm studying :P My mannerisms, way of eating, thinking and all that I am is the result of the nationality and the race to which I belong, I suppose. Western culture does not fascinate me at all, I am increasingly convinced of wanting to return home, that does not mean I do not like the country where I live, I thank them indeed for hospitality, for friends and for what happened to me, I can not speak badly of them. It was not me who decided to come here, I want to clarify this point. I can not even explain why I feel this need to go, indeed I have lived here more than there, we've always returned each year for the holidays. Finally I can go, we have the house left to us by my grandmother. It remains for me little to finish university and get back. The thing I will miss are friends, I have no doubt about this … but unfortunately I have always had difficulty living here, starting with the weather. I don't feel at my ease… There are many things I have learned here, but this remains knowledge not what I really am.
    About the youth… the fascination lies in the fact that everything is permitted. They watch films, tv, listen music and so on totally different from our culture. This difference is fascinating because it promises something new. But probably just growing up we realize that this does not belong to us. I think that this realization does not depend on thought itself, but just from the blood and race.

Anonymous

Rod, you are a nice example of how the Slavic mentality is incompatible with Western culture. We Slavs are also various when it comes to our specific mentalities, but still there is something that connects us… the Slavic something.  :)  I hope your return back home will be successful by all means.  ;)

Anonymous

Rod718 now that i have read this i am getting sentimental! Your poetry…… It is so beautiful that it made me cry.  :'(

Anonymous

Thanks you both, nice to read your opinion :) Poetry? Are you kidding me Povhec? :P However I think it is true, Slavs, Germans and Romance, even Europeans are different. Maybe there are something in common, maybe it is a nordsouth problem? But I don't think so… I don't really know… this is what I call something natural, that does not depend from us, because we have it in the blood.

There is one problem though… my sister. She was born here, not in Poland. She seems to be more influenced by Western culture. Although, she would return to Poland, but has only seen during the summer holidays, this would explain her attitude. But there is something that ties her to Poland, which even she don't knows why, sometimes she tells me that she misses and wants to come back there.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    "wieśniackie" (I don't know how to say that in English, if someone knows please tell me),

I guess it might be "peasant", "peasantlike", "boorish".

Quote:
    What can we do to rebuild their opinion about Poland, and our traditions?

Show it to them in the most modern, luxury and attractive way. They believe that PRL means meblościanka and tower blocks while West born such a great designers like Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. And have anybody heard about Jan Kurzątkowski's furniture? Have anybody seen PRL's architecture before it's "modernizations" during 90's? That's the problem…

Quote:
    I think we should look for good state model in Dmowski's and/or Piłsudski's ideology. We don't need foreign models.

And what about Paderewski's idea of United States of Poland?

Quote:
    I can not even explain why I feel this need to go

I guess I know what you feel. I lived abroad and I really did want to assimilate. Poles disappointed me couple of times. Instead, I was getting more and more close to natives. The more disappointed – the more close. The more close… the more frustrated. One day I asked myself: "who the f*ck I am?" and I found no answer. Then I bought a flight ticket :) I remember that day, those doubts and those question asked to myself: "what the hell am I doing?", "I've CHOSEN this place, what am I looking for?". I remember arriving in as next disappointment. Despite of that… of missing huge buildings, crowded streets and red brick industrial architecture I've backed. It isn't perfect, it's not looking like I'd wish it would looked but it's my land and my home. It is here where rain sounds better, air smells better, words sounds better and T-storms are more intensive. And there are some industrial red brick cities too. :)

Aye, so moving. :>

Quote:
    For e.g. I could never live in a Western country, not matter what the live standard and HDI… I would never trade my culture for their decadent Western culture. There are some things money can't buy…

Exactly. We should put effort into our country's development, not into another countries finding us as 3rd category of citizens.

Anonymous

Best thing would be if every country would be rural and poor on the same level.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Rod, you are a nice example of how the Slavic mentality is incompatible with Western culture. We Slavs are also various when it comes to our specific mentalities, but still there is something that connects us… the Slavic something.  :)  I hope your return back home will be successful by all means.  ;)

this slavic something, i believe is the connection with the earth, the soil, the agriculture. Slavs are maybe the most-hardcore farmers on this planet. Also connection with waters and forests. Land-Energy-Life. Those are the slavs IMHO, and that's how i perceive their genuine kindness, intelligence, sharp word, sharp mind and kind soul. For the he slavic peasant is an almost divine creature.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    this slavic something, i believe is the connection with the earth, the soil, the agriculture. Slavs are maybe the most-hardcore farmers on this planet. Also connection with waters and forests. Land-Energy-Life. Those are the slavs IMHO, and that's how i perceive their genuine kindness, intelligence, sharp word, sharp mind and kind soul. For the he slavic peasant is an almost divine creature.

Connection of our people with nature is the thing I admire the most =] West ,on the other hand , frowns on that and it's promoting lifestyle which is filled with the vanity and the absurd .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • slovborg
  • GOGA
  • Tujev
  • ca$hbunni
  • кошка