• This topic has 7 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I was thinking of buying a Poljot watch. This is one of the most beautiful watches ive ever seen plus its a slavic manufacturer.
    [img width=700 height=525]http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f10/389244d1297839132-poljot-president-russia-1zelahg%5B1%5D.jpg” />

Does anyone has poljot watch here? Can it compete with swiss watches?

Anonymous

I don't. Except Putin's name on it, it looks fine. But wearing this watch with his name is like wearing a collar, and I do not mean some domination/submissive sexual things. It is simply like "belongs to Russia".

If there would be no names it would be ok, but expensive I assume.

(However, I don't wear watches anyway, so…)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I don't. Except Putin's name on it, it looks fine. But wearing this watch with his name is like wearing a collar, and I do not mean some domination/submissive sexual things. It is simply like "belongs to Russia".

Yes i dont like that either but that is President line and it must have either Putin or Medvedev. Its not that much expensive it can be bought for around 350$, and thats nothing compared to rolexs, breitlings etc…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Its not that much expensive it can be bought for around 350$,

Too expensive. Of course, nothing comparing to rolex, but still – expensive.

Anonymous
    Quote:

I think it would be a fine watch for a mob boss such as yourself, Gaius Martius Coriolanus. Don't deceive yourself, you know you need this!  ;D

As for me, Ukrainians wearing a Russian watch embossed with Mr. Putin's name would be downright dangerous these days.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think it would be a fine watch for a mob boss such as yourself, Gaius Martius Coriolanus. Don't deceive yourself, you know you need this!  ;D

I can't. I am at war with Russian mafia.

Anonymous

I love watches (except for digital ones, those aren't worthy the name). This one looks nice. :) I like the general design, it looks kinda vintage although I'd also rather avoid Putin's name on it though any product with ciryllic script looks more fancy here. Anybody knows, is the leather anything special and the outside vergoldet?

Anonymous

Russian products are famous for their… "quality", are these watches an exception?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    As for me, Ukrainians wearing a Russian watch embossed with Mr. Putin's name would be downright dangerous these days.

what kind of nonsense is this?  ukrainians have nothing against putin except for maidowns or members of the right sector.

Anonymous

One on the picture looks worn out. Are they made in such a retro style or what?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Russian products are famous for their… "quality", are these watches an exception?

Here "Russian" usually means ugly as hell, but long lasting and funtioning, mostly also low tech. ;D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

14 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • Das Rheinenfuchs
  • Australian Santa
  • mizz goblinaXprezidente
  • Симеон
  • pothead