• This topic has 9 voices and 15 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Pomaks (Of course they are slavs) but are they part of bulgarians or not! As a pomak i hesitate that origin of bulgarians. Because other bulgarians who live in outside of south bulgaria, generally not white / blonde as like as pomaks.  Why ?

Anonymous

I've never heard of pomaks being blonder/whiter than the rest of the population in general, nor they look any different to me. I have always thought of them as a more closed community forced to convert to islam by the ottomans rather than a special ethnic group…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I've never heard of pomaks being blonder/whiter than the rest of the population in general, nor they look any different to me.

It's my personal observation.

I have always thought of them as a more closed community forced to convert to islam by the ottomans rather than a special ethnic group…

+ Absolutely they had forced to convert islam by the ottomans but according to me their ethnic roots have to research.

Anonymous

I have my reservations.

Anonymous

Reservations about the reasons behind their conversion? I've heard of other theories stating they "willingly" converted to islam.
    Whether it is turkish propaganda or not, I can't tell! I'm not familiar at all with the subject. But there is probably some info on the internet about it. Maybe the author of the thread has some reliable sources? (judging by his name)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Reservations about the reasons behind their conversion? I've heard of other theories stating they "willingly" converted to islam.

No, reservations in regard to which side they would be on in case of, say a conflict with Turkey.

Anonymous

Pomaks are Bulgarians who took the Muslim faith and now they want to create their nation separate from the Bulgarians.
    Same like the "Torbesi" in Macedonia and "Bosnjaci" in Bosnia.

Muslim Faith in Balkan is made ​​to separate the people from their root.So we now have 3 new nation only just because they changed their faith and now are not more Christians.

This is my opinion without offense

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pomaks (Of course they are slavs) but are they part of bulgarians or not! As a pomak i hesitate that origin of bulgarians. Because other bulgarians who live in outside of south bulgaria, generally not white / blonde as like as pomaks.  Why ?

I consider Pomaks as Bulgarians as long as they consider themselves as such.

You can't deny that there are a lot of Pomaks who feel closer to Turks than to Bulgarians.

About blondness, Pomaks have slightly more blond people than the rest of Bulgarians. It's because Pomaks still practice endogamy.

Anonymous

In my country, the pomaks self-identify as "europeans". I can even post a video.

anyway, as far as i know, they do not consider themselves Bulgarians, but neither as Turks.

Anonymous
    Quote:

Ok, I have to modify the post:

Hey, I've been in the Rhodopes and I've talked to pomak people. I'm an ethnologist. I was there for demographic data.
    I can assure you from my personal knowledge, that you and we are the same people – bulgarians. It's really obvious – from our common traditions, language, DNA (the latest DNA test on bulgarians featured samples from the pomak people), only our faith is different. But there's some people who are trying to make you lose your bulgarian self-consciousness. You know who are those people – the same people who are infiltrating your villages with radical islam, which preaches intolerance to non-muslims. Those people are trying to separate the pomaks from the bulgarians and the seeds of doubt are sowed, as I can tell from your question. Do not lose faith in the islam, but do not lose faith in your bulgarian self-consciousness.

Edit~Perun~ Please write in eng in future so other Slavs and non-Slavic people can understand

Anonymous
    Quote:
    In my country, the pomaks self-identify as "europeans". I can even post a video.

anyway, as far as i know, they do not consider themselves Bulgarians, but neither as Turks.

That's called an identity crisis.

Anonymous

Just to add to your post.

Quote:
    No need to say who is behind this , I think you very well know.

Ahmed Dogan, the leader of the ethnic turkish party, the existence of which is illegal according to the bulgarian constitution.
    Isn't he supposed to stay 7 more years in prison anyway?

Quote:
    your right to practice whatever religion you want. […]Hare Krishna

This is an illegal sect. They profited from the general "post 1989" new democratic chaos to proliferate. They also steal children.

Quote:
    you probably heard what gaffe Erdogan made ​​a few days – "Turkey 's Thrace , Kardzhali, Thrace … "

Yes, he is a fine piece of junk to stay polite.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Just to add to your post.

Ahmed Dogan, the leader of the ethnic turkish party, the existence of which is illegal according to the bulgarian constitution.
    Isn't he supposed to stay 7 more years in prison anyway?
    This is an illegal sect. They profited from the general "post 1989" new democratic chaos to proliferate. They also steal children.
    Yes, he is a fine piece of junk to stay polite.

The ethnic party 'DPS' are licensed, not without some corrections in the constitution 20 years ago. Theirs former leader Ahmed Dogan was an agent from the communistic version of the gestapo "National security" who were working above the law. These people are infecting the pomak region with radical islam, which is not acceptable for the people there. They are trying to convince the pomak people, that the bulgarians and pomaks are different things. Which is a lie.
    I didn't knew those things about the krishars. I was only saying that there's religious freedom to all people.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The ethnic party 'DPS' are licensed, not without some corrections in the constitution 20 years ago.

What the constitution says :
    (http://www.parliament.bg/bg/const)

Не могат да се образуват политически партии на етническа, расова или верска основа, както и партии, които си поставят за цел насилствено завземане на държавната власт.

Quote:
    Theirs former leader Ahmed Dogan was an agent from the communistic version of the gestapo

Agent = доносник. ;D Doesn't sound as fancy as 007, huh!

Besides, someone said he was also 'spying' for Turkey. I don't know wether it is true or not but he certainly works for Erdogan today. They are trying to raise the muslims' consciousness so they feel more attached to their faith rather than their country. It has happened all over western europe already. For example the french muslims feel closer to the dutch muslims or let's say the average greek mulsim, because they share the same language and *values* and all of it because the assimilation policies whether directed to the young children or even adults are completely failing at it.
    The pomaks seem to me just one little step away from joining the dark side but i'm hopefully wrong ;D
    Again, I'd like to have the thread's author opinion.

On a side note, ДПС are trying to 'convert' to their cause all of the minorities, based on religion, (or skin colour). Not only the Pomaks are concered but they are also trying to convince many of the members of the gypsy community to declare as ethnic turks.

edit: While we're bashing Ahmed Dogan and just for the fun, this article made me laugh so much..  It's unfortunately only in bulgarian but it's worth reading it. ;D
    http://www.24chasa.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=1447443

Anonymous
    Quote:
    What the constitution says :
    (http://www.parliament.bg/bg/const)Agent = доносник. ;D Doesn't sound as fancy as 007, huh!

Besides, someone said he was also 'spying' for Turkey. I don't know wether it is true or not but he certainly works for Erdogan today. They are trying to raise the muslims' consciousness so they feel more attached to their faith rather than their country. It has happened all over western europe already. For example the french muslims feel closer to the dutch muslims or let's say the average greek mulsim, because they share the same language and *values* and all of it because the assimilation policies whether directed to the young children or even adults are completely failing at it.
    The pomaks seem to me just one little step away from joining the dark side but i'm hopefully wrong ;D
    Again, I'd like to have the thread's author opinion.

On a side note, ДПС are trying to 'convert' to their cause all of the minorities, based on religion, (or skin colour). Not only the Pomaks are concered but they are also trying to convince many of the members of the gypsy community to declare as ethnic turks.

edit: While we're bashing Ahmed Dogan and just for the fun, this article made me laugh so much..  It's unfortunately only in bulgarian but it's worth reading it. ;D
    http://www.24chasa.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=1447443

http://www.constcourt.bg/Pages/Document/default.aspx?ID=33

I believe this article shows the correction which i mentioned. It's impossible for DPS to be illegal for so many years. http://www.constcourt.bg/Pages/Document/default.aspx?ID=33

About your link –  I laughed too, but it's also for a crying. This guy is a total blasphemer. I wonder what his supporters think about, his "symbolical" manner of speaking. Dogan is indeed man of Erdogan no doubt. Keep fingers crossed for the turkish people in their fight against Erdogan.

You are right about the muslims. Some people work to establish self-consciousness based on the faith rather than ethnos. I don't care, I just hope to stop manipulating the pomaks. The thing is that the pomaks were harassed both by turks and bulgarians. The changing of the names of the pomaks happened at least 2 times. Their refusal was punished in different ways. That's what we did. So the pomaks are feeling alone against everyone. It's important now to have our support somehow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • some slavic guy...
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • jorgos
  • Shnickstara89
  • Glockamole