• This topic has 5 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #344063

    Anonymous

    Does anyone have allergies or issues with food?  Like me.. not 100% lactose intolerant but I have some issues with milk products. I'm curious about some problems and alternatives people have for their food problems.

    #396169

    Anonymous

    I mostly have no problems with these things. :D

    #396170

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I mostly have no problems with these things. :D

    Lucky… my problems with milk are getting worse. I used to manage having some dairy products without making myself sick.. now, I don't even eat foods that could have dairy in them because I never know if I'm going to get sick or not. I use soy or similar when I can. If I'm in the city, like at a cafe, I will order juice or tea if they don't have soy milk. Just makes it easier. Not everything bothers me… but because I never know what will.. I don't like to risk it.

    #396171

    Anonymous

    Usually never had any problems with food, though lately I'm starting to have trouble with digesting milk.

    How do these things go? Do you suddenly become intolerant to food or does it happen gradually over time?

    #396172

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Usually never had any problems with food, though lately I'm starting to have trouble with digesting milk.

    How do these things go? Do you suddenly become intolerant to food or does it happen gradually over time?

    Well, approximately the human body goes thru various changes every 7 years or so.  For me, it started when I went to a nutritionist to set my eating habits straight to help with my hypoglycemia. I stopped with the eating habits she told me to follow because I got lazy, and since then I couldn't have milk. Part of her suggestion for my eating changes was to stop having dairy products. Cow's milk is not healthy for humans, actually. And I loved having it out of my life really. It makes things complicated when i'm in town mostly and that's it. I just grab posno/Lenten items and I'm okay. But when i first stopped with my eating schedule, I could still have milk okay. Then it just got worse and worse.

    But I've changed about lots of foods over my life. I used to hate some things but love them now.

    #396173

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, approximately the human body goes thru various changes every 7 years or so.  For me, it started when I went to a nutritionist to set my eating habits straight to help with my hypoglycemia. I stopped with the eating habits she told me to follow because I got lazy, and since then I couldn't have milk. Part of her suggestion for my eating changes was to stop having dairy products. Cow's milk is not healthy for humans, actually. And I loved having it out of my life really. It makes things complicated when i'm in town mostly and that's it. I just grab posno/Lenten items and I'm okay. But when i first stopped with my eating schedule, I could still have milk okay. Then it just got worse and worse.

    But I've changed about lots of foods over my life. I used to hate some things but love them now.

    Yeah, I get you, I absolutely love to gorge on milk and dairy products, especially what we call here "mliječni puding", allthough it's not traditional pudding, more like a milk dessert. Dunno if you got those in Serbia –

    image

    Yummy! :D

    #396174

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, approximately the human body goes thru various changes every 7 years or so.  For me, it started when I went to a nutritionist to set my eating habits straight to help with my hypoglycemia. I stopped with the eating habits she told me to follow because I got lazy, and since then I couldn't have milk. Part of her suggestion for my eating changes was to stop having dairy products. Cow's milk is not healthy for humans, actually. And I loved having it out of my life really. It makes things complicated when i'm in town mostly and that's it. I just grab posno/Lenten items and I'm okay. But when i first stopped with my eating schedule, I could still have milk okay. Then it just got worse and worse.

    But I've changed about lots of foods over my life. I used to hate some things but love them now.

    Traditionally raw milk was drunk only by older kids and sick not by healthy grown ups. Milk was always used to make cheeses and other such milk products. I rarely drink milk itself but i consume lots of cheeses and stuff. But if you have problems with cheeses and such diary food too then that is rather serious and you should stop.

    #396175

    Anonymous

    Seafood makes me sick, I hate it.

    #396176

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Traditionally raw milk was drunk only by older kids and sick not by healthy grown ups. Milk was always used to make cheeses and other such milk products. I rarely drink milk itself but i consume lots of cheeses and stuff. But if you have problems with cheeses and such diary food too then that is rather serious and you should stop.

    Some cheeses affect me more than others. Or in high amounts. Ice cream is risky business for me. :( :( :( I love ice cream, too.

    Quote:
    Seafood makes me sick, I hate it.

    See.. I used to hate seafood.. but now, I love most of it. Can't eat oysters, mussels and clams. But I love most fish, crab, lobster, shrimp. :)

    #396177

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Some cheeses affect me more than others. Or in high amounts. Ice cream is risky business for me. :( :( :( I love ice cream, too.

    What are the symptoms?

    #396178

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    What are the symptoms?

    Nausea, upset stomach, sometimes diarrhea, and worst cases vomiting.

    #396179

    Anonymous

    Additives and hormones in American food have created many allergies.  Hopefully with time you will adjust to more traditional and non processed food.  Sorry that dairy upsets you so much Kiki.  You deserve to enjoy quality cheeses

    #396180

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Additives and hormones in American food have created many allergies.  Hopefully with time you will adjust to more traditional and non processed food.  Sorry that dairy upsets you so much Kiki.  You deserve to enjoy quality cheeses

    Actually I never had problems in the US.  I've been in Srbija 2.5 years.. never had a problem until I cut out dairy to help me more and then tried to slowly add it back into my diet. Oh having better quality foods here has helped me in MANY ways. My health is 10x better considering how many health issues I have. LOL

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • Jan Pat II
  • kony97
  • Piachu
  • Tujev
  • Lucifer Morningstar