• This topic has 15 voices and 72 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I'm curious, are there any protestants/evangelicals who use the forum?  If so, were you raised that way, or did you become such later on? 

Are there any former protestants/evangelicals?  Why did you leave?

I know most of our Slavic countries are Catholic/Orthodox, but do any of you who live in Slavic countries come into contact with these groups often? 

I'm interested in attitudes of various Slavs toward these groups.  I just had a very odd experience this morning, when I attended my nephew's baptist in a protestant church, so now I'm curious to hear from you guys :)

Anonymous

My father in law is a Mormon, but I really try and stay away from any evangelical Christians.  Not into snake dancing or faith healers

A look at the snake-handling churches of Appalachia

Anonymous
    Quote:
    My father in law is a Mormon, but I really try and stay away from any evangelical Christians.  Not into snake dancing or faith healers

A look at the snake-handling churches of Appalachia

I was so shocked to learn they still do snake stuff!  I mean…they say straight up that God will protect them and they won't be hurt…and then half of them die from snake bites… How does this compute???

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I mean…they say straight up that God will protect them and they won't be hurt…and then half of them die from snake bites… How does this compute???

"God works in mysterious ways".

Anonymous

I think they feel that when it is time to go, then nothing you can do.  Maybe that't the big test for them.  Not if they will be bit, but are they ready if they are bit

Anonymous

I dont get it is people really that stupid… I mean come on there is hundreds of verses including lions and stuff but no i dont run around shaking them and dancing with them stupid Americans and their crazy ideas.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont get it is people really that stupid… I mean come on there is hundreds of verses including lions and stuff but no i dont run around shaking them and dancing with them stupid Americans and their crazy ideas.

It's not just Americans who engage in dangerous religious practices, SrpskoSarajevo.  ;)  In certain regions of the Philippines, for example, some hardcore Catholics celebrate Good Friday by reenacting the crucifixion of Jesus, with nails through the hands and feet while suspended on a wooden cross.

[IMG]http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/1254/a80g.jpg” />

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It's not just Americans who engage in dangerous religious practices, SrpskoSarajevo.  ;)  In certain regions of the Philippines, for example, some hardcore Catholics celebrate Good Friday by reenacting the crucifixion of Jesus, with nails through the hands and feet while suspended on a wooden cross.

There's an Australian comedian who has a show about different religions around the world and their practices. In one episode he crucified himself in that ritual in the Philippines. He was Jewish though.

Anonymous
    Quote:

[IMG]http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/1254/a80g.jpg” />

Hmm i really wonder what Jesus would say about this.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    There's an Australian comedian who has a show about different religions around the world and their practices. In one episode he crucified himself in that ritual in the Philippines. He was Jewish though.

Sick dude for sure people actually go crucify themselfs for alittle more viewers and cash my god im moving to mars….

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Sick dude for sure people actually go crucify themselfs for alittle more viewers and cash my god im moving to mars….

He's a comedian. He's Atheist and likes to make fun of various ridiculous practices by religions around the world. He even had himself exorcised, and I think he drank chicken blood in Africa. He doesn't just mock religion, he mocks many things. He did a show where he transformed himself into a black person and tried living in Chicago as a black person.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    He's a comedian. He's Atheist and likes to make fun of various ridiculous practices by religions around the world. He even had himself exorcised, and I think he drank chicken blood in Africa. He doesn't just mock religion, he mocks many things. He did a show where he transformed himself into a black person and tried living in Chicago as a black person.

Thats what i mean people are ready to do stupid stuff for alittle fame or money i guess he will go donkey fucking in South America.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Thats what i mean people are ready to do stupid stuff for alittle fame or money i guess he will go donkey fucking in South America.

Is that a religious practice?

Anonymous
    Quote:

Not really but the men there say its becouse their women in some places are extreme Catholics and wont have sex with them so they go and fuck donkeys there is a Vice documentary on it you even see a guy do a donkey behind a bush but as you said he does all kind of stuff.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Not really but the men there say its becouse their women in some places are extreme Catholics and wont have sex with them so they go and fuck donkeys there is a Vice documentary on it you even see a guy do a donkey behind a bush but as you said he does all kind of stuff.

I'm sorry but this is me right now…  ;D

[IMG]http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8822/r6f.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • kony97
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • привет
  • Fia
  • slovborg