• This topic has 22 voices and 47 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

<br /><br /><strong>Quality of life in your Slavic country? Do you (or your partner/family) earn enough to cover the monthly expenses? Do you live hard or have it easy in your country? </strong>

Anonymous

We have it quite hard latley…everybody is broke. There's no new jobs or are there any factories and alike opening…all factories are in China i guess so people are quite jobless.

Anonymous

My area lives almost exlusively off tourism, so the majority of us is used to being unemployed during the winter.

Obviously those who do not own any property or real estates to rent during the tourism season are having a hard time making ends meet, but I think the majority lives just fine.

As long as we have Germans coming and buying **** food for 150% of its value I say we'll live in prosperity.

Anonymous

Depends what way of life you live, but generaly, Serbia and Republika Srpska are poor compering us with western countries (very low wages, high unemployment…).

Anonymous

Quality of life in my country is very good at least to me. Most people can afford going to sea, mountains, etc. However main issue is getting a job. Its very hard. That is main problem of this country.

Anonymous

I have two Croatian students that spend the summer there.  They said it is getting very expensive.  I'm assuming that switching to the euro has inflated prices.

Anonymous

It really hard to get a job …..and it's not a matter of how well payed it is,you're lucky if you have one.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It really hard to get a job …..and it's not a matter of how well payed it is,you're lucky if you have one.

What about Sarajevo (capital city)? Is it easier to get a job there?

Anonymous

It depends……..if you're profession is in the group of  one that are needed on market,you should find something
    We have a problem with hyperproduction of professions that are not so needed on the market ,they usualy end up working someting that has nothing to do with what they are traind for,and paid bad
    You can find a job,but labour law is not respected anywhere but in state services…..it's mostly all work "on black",and not something that you can rely on when thinking about family .
    But I'd say it's easier to fin it than in smaller places because it's bigger market

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It depends……..if you're profession is in the group of  one that are needed on market,you should find something
    We have a problem with hyperproduction of professions that are not so needed on the market ,they usualy end up working someting that has nothing to do with what they are traind for,and paid bad
    You can find a job,but labour law is not respected anywhere but in state services…..it's mostly all work "on black",and not something that you can rely on when thinking about family .
    But I'd say it's easier to fin it than in smaller places because it's bigger market

Ok. Thanks for the information. I figured since Sarajevo was the commercial capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina that it would be significantly easier to find a job. Btw, are a lot of people moving to Sarajevo in search of employment?

Anonymous

In Bulgaria, with the exception of Sofia and 2-3 big cities, life is really hard for most people.
    unemployment, low wages – 200-300 euros, in most cases too low to cover simple household expenses.

To add the gypsy population and gypsyzation of some regions, makes it really unbearable

Anonymous

At this point, I see a people moving out of Sarajevo to smaller places,due to "cost of life" …..rarely would someone bring whole family to Sarajevo and hope to find a job…….mostly it's a younger people that come to study here……and if they find something in the meantime that could pay them rent and food they stick

Anonymous
    Quote:
    At this point, I see a people moving out of Sarajevo to smaller places,due to "cost of life" …..rarely would someone bring whole family to Sarajevo and hope to find a job…….mostly it's a younger people that come to study here……and if they find something in the meantime that could pay them rent and food they stick

So in Bosnia, de-urbanisation is happening?

Anonymous

Well ,BOsnia is mostly rural when looked as whole
    De-urbanisation would be a good thing to happen if you ask me,but……the next problem is the rural areas lack support and commercial credits for work…..sou you have,minor production in willages,mostly for their own needs……and high import that ruins our economy
    But de-urbanisation on a higher scale is not so noticable yet…everything seems to be in some "limbo" ,where  people live but even them don't know how they are managing……

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well ,BOsnia is mostly rural when looked as whole
    De-urbanisation would be a good thing to happen if you ask me,but……the next problem is the rural areas lack support and commercial credits for work…..sou you have,minor production in willages,mostly for their own needs……and high import that ruins our economy
    But de-urbanisation on a higher scale is not so noticable yet…everything seems to be in some "limbo" ,where  people live but even them don't know how they are managing……

Who do you think de-urbanisation would be beneficial? Should Bosnia have one major city, or a collection of smaller cities?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • ca$hbunni
  • Tujev
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Fia
  • kony97