• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello there my slavic brothers and sisters  8)

Anyone know where Meškin surename came from? Thanks…

Anonymous

Even tho it sounds as a Dalmatian surname, there isn't a lot of Meškins in Croatia, only dozen people have it here, so it most likley originated in central Bosnia.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Even tho it sounds as a Dalmatian surname, there isn't a lot of Meškins in Croatia, only dozen people have it here, so it most likley originated in central Bosnia.

Yea most of us are in Bugojno or Travnik in central Bosnia… But I know that what you say, I want to hear something where my surname came from, but anyway thanks..

Anonymous

And can anyone tell me if this looks like slavic surname? I know the surname ends with IN and most of the Russian surnames are ending with IN..

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And can anyone tell me if this looks like slavic surname? I know the surname ends with IN and most of the Russian surnames are ending with IN..

I think it's ethnically in fact really Bosnian, probably from times of Bogumilism. From the sound of it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I think it's ethnically in fact really Bosnian, probably from times of Bogumilism. From the sound of it.

amazing :D thanks

Anonymous

Pity we dont speak same language, so I hope there are online translators for Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian language, there is word MEŠAK and latin translation would be "foliculum".
    Not to mention that surname is much younger invention than "Bogumilism", so previous reply would be constructing of history/surname for daily politic use.
    Out of topic, are there also posts about pyramids in Bosnia ??

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Pity we dont speak same language, so I hope there are online translators for Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian language, there is word MEŠAK and latin translation would be "foliculum".
    Not to mention that surname is much younger invention than "Bogumilism", so previous reply would be constructing of history/surname for daily politic use.

really don't know what you speaking about? what you trying to say, that mine grandparents are Serbs or what? really don't know…

Anonymous
    Quote:

either we have a nice little troll here or I can smell a hater :-P
    There is translator out there and it is called Google translate ;-) but to respect the other people here we will continue to write in english.
    and yes you can find loads of information about Bosnian Pyramids out there.

To answer the question: surname Meškin is from centraleuropean origin ( Polish, Slovak) and it is derivate from MIŠKIN.
    There is a theory that most of old bosnians come from south of Poland, so this would be another interesting point to the topic.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    To answer the question: surname Meškin is from centraleuropean origin ( Polish, Slovak) and it is derivate from MIŠKIN.
    There is a theory that most of old bosnians come from south of Poland, so this would be another interesting point to the topic.

Possibly around Krakow, ex-White Croatia? :D

Quote:

There are few articles on it: http://www.slavorum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5935.0
    and a long thread on them: http://www.slavorum.com/forum/index.php?topic=346.0

:D

Anonymous

meškin or miškin are both east-slavic surnames.

Anonymous
    Quote:

I think he would like to know what the surname means tho

Anonymous

I'm really glad to hear that… My father tells me that our old family came from Chechnia, one of his friends tell him it, what a genius haha.. And yes I would like to know what my surname means? I know what MIŠ means "mouse" but is anything interesting behind it?

Anonymous

Quote:
    Possibly around Krakow, ex-White Croatia? :D

There are few articles on it: http://www.slavorum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5935.0
    and a long thread on them: http://www.slavorum.com/forum/index.php?topic=346.0

:D

White Croatia FTW.  :P

Anonymous
    Quote:

I support this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Tujev
  • jorgos
  • Piachu
  • slovborg
  • Jyxia