• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Something I was wondering after a discussion with a christian friend of mine. Almost everyone in this world accepts that yeshua / jesus was a real "man", a historical character. Than how come, I ask all christian slavorumers, there is no credible historical record of his existence. Josiphus is a prooven froad, wasn't his contemporary and was a christian, thus not objective. I know of no roman author that has even a mention of your carpenter. Also, a funny fact, Nazareth didn't exist at that time. It was just a jewish graveyard and it's well known that jews didn't build settlements near their graveyards. So, to cut a long story short, can anyone provide some record of his existence. Thanx

Anonymous

ehm, josephus flavius was a jew, and no, he is not "a proven froad" (lol), and nazareth actually existed at those times, it had been inhabited for a few thousand years already. it was still a village back then.
    there is this amazing website, google, and the first few links contain historical sources and arguments which support Jesus as a real person who actually did live.

Anonymous

you mean like this one http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/;D

Anonymous

You watched Zeitgeist, as I assume.

I don't know if there are any records or not. Though I am not a Christian I believe that there was Jesus walking through Nazareth and other places, but I cannot believe in any miracles. For me he could be a person, philosopher somehow, but not a son of God.

Simply clever guy.

Anonymous

Do you know how many people Romans crucified? Why should they keep records about every single one? It seems you are kind of bothered with religion, or at least with Christianity.

Even if there are no proofs. Let's asume so. What does that prove? Nothing. It does neither prove nor disprove anything as there are also no proofs that he didn't live. Let people believe what they want. :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Do you know how many people Romans crucified? Why should they keep records about every single one? It seems you are kind of bothered with religion, or at least with Christianity.

I am bothered very much about religion in its abrahamic form the others not so much. It fuckes up the lives of almost everyone I know.

Even if there are no proofs. Let's asume so. What does that prove? Nothing. It does neither prove nor disprove anything as there are also no proofs that he didn't live. Let people believe what they want. :)

I disagree strongly because if from the lack of proof we can assume that he didn't exist than the whole christian story becomes even more ridiculous and not making any sense. But I do agree with the last thing you said, trying to change people or things usually turns out either futile or fatal. In any case I wouldn't invest any energy in arguing with anyone, just voicing some opinions.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I disagree strongly because if from the lack of proof we can assume that he didn't exist than the whole christian story becomes even more ridiculous and not making any sense. But I do agree with the last thing you said, trying to change people or things usually turns out either futile or fatal. In any case I wouldn't invest any energy in arguing with anyone, just voicing some opinions.

Well, to much ain't good… One would think you honestly hate it. And too much hate isn't good for anybody.

No problem, not that I'm some topshit historian or theologist. I've chosen to believe a few things from that and quite a few no to believe in. I think one has to discover his own version of truth. And if one can live in peace with that, one has won, imo.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • m1tric
  • pothead
  • Das Rheinenfuchs
  • KratΩs
  • LCaine
  • Shvo