• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi I'm Paul from Canada, just asking are Belarus and the Ukraine ethnically the same, when I look at a Polish person they're typically blonde blue eyed. I'm just saying that those two countries look similar and look like Andrei Arlovski from the UFC. Also I'm interested in knowing about different ethnic groups in Russia (SLAVS) that aren't those Turk Uzbekistan/ Georgian Canadian. And pardon me for the lack of a manly beard I'm kind of 170 down to 120 45 year old for some reason.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hi I'm Paul from Canada, just asking are Belarus and the Ukraine ethnically the same, when I look at a Polish person they're typically blonde blue eyed. I'm just saying that those two countries look similar and look like Andrei Arlovski from the UFC. Also I'm interested in knowing about different ethnic groups in Russia (SLAVS) that aren't those Turk Uzbekistan/ Georgian Canadian ****bags. And pardon me for the lack of a manly beard I'm kind of 170 down to 120 45 year old for some reason.

Anthropology of Ukrainians, Belarusians and Russians were studied by many anthropologists during Soviet era.

Belarus has 2-3 anthropological types described by several anthropologists. These are Valdaj type, eastern Polesian and western Polesian types. Valdaj type is found in northern half of Belarus, eastern Polesian in south-eastern Belarus and western Polesian type in south-western Belarus.

Ukraine has 7-8 recognised anthropological types.  There’s some anthropological overlap between south-western Belarus and north-western Ukraine (Volhynia). People of many districts in Chernihiv region (SE Ukraine ) are similar to SE Belarusians. The other anthropological types in two countries don’t resemble much. The Belarusian Valdaj type is similar to anthropological types found in western Russia (Smolensk and southern Pskov) and south-eastern Lithuania.

Genetically, the Belarusians  fit between Russians, Ukrainians, Poles and Lithuanians

Andrei Arlovski doesn’t have a stereotypical appearance of a Belarusian.  There is a topic on the forum showing many group pictures of Belarusian people : http://www.slavorum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3810.45

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Genetically, the Belarusians  fit between Russians, Ukrainians, Poles and Lithuanians

The abstract is from a scientific study (2012) based on autosomal DNA.

Bulgarians, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Russians

Title: The Caucasus as an Asymmetric Semipermeable Barrier to Ancient Human Migrations (2012)  Yunusbayev, Rootsi, Behar et. al
    Publisher: Molecular Evolution and Biology, Oxford journals

Abstract
    We report a synthesis of autosomal, Y chromosome, and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) variation in populations from all major subregions and linguistic phyla of the area.

Method
    Principal component analysis (PCA) of autosomal data for diagram 1; ADMIXTURE analysis of autosomal data at K=7 for Diagram 2.

Relevant abbreviations. French Basques (FrB), North Italians (NIt), Tuscans (Tu), Bulgarians (Bul), Romanian (Rmn), French (Fre), Ukraine (Ukr), Belarus (Blr), Lithuania (Lit), Russia (Rus), Mordva (Mrd), Turkey (Tur).

Diagram 1:  Plot of the first and second components of the PCA of the Caucasus and neighboring populations based on autosomal data, with the clustering of populations approximating geography. The thick lines denote probable directions of movements of interrupted between the North Caucasus and Eastern Europe.

(See attachment for larger resolution)

[img width=700 height=440]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/892/yusun.png” />

http://www.slavorum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4802.0.html

Belarusian and Ukrainian languages are similar as both languages were influenced by the Ruthenian language used in administration of the GDL. There're also ethnographical similarities due to historic and regional ties.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • Fia
  • slovborg
  • jorgos
  • Piachu