Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

This is a thread for those videos that aren’t songs, but you still want to post them. Be it a political satire of your nation’s glorious leader, a bunch of wolves getting chased by a dog or a cute Slavic kitty, it all goes here.

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

@Dušan @Shaokang I presume that, as stereotypes go, most of this is valid for Serbia as well, no?

Dušan
    Participant
    @dusan

@NikeBG I’ve just started the same thread like 25 minutes ago 😀

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

No biggie. Yours has a Slavic specialization. 🙂

Shaokang
    Participant
    @shaokang

@NikeBG
    Bulgarians worry more for their girlfriends than Serbs, if all in the video is true.

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

Well, it’s exaggerated and a stereotype, but still… Is the rest true though? Particularly the first two things (tendency for big expenses (or showing off) and handyman mentality/expectations).

Shaokang
    Participant
    @shaokang

First is true if one has money. We’re no Germans though, you don’t invite the people to your home and expect everyone to give you the money for the meal they ate. Second is more of a Yugoslav generation thing, I don’t think you will find know-it-all handymen among younger generation nor do they possess such mentality. However, in situation from the video many would try to help the person in trouble.

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

We’re no Germans though, you don’t invite the people to your home and expect everyone to give you the money for the meal they ate.

Wait, what? 😀

Shaokang
    Participant
    @shaokang

A friend of mine had such experience whilst in Germany 🙂

Srdceleva
    Participant
    @srdceleva

thought this was pretty funny, our eastern slavs maybe will understand this, though I dont know what happened to Sviatogor.

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

Is that Slovak? I can actually understand a bunch of things there, which is usually rare for me with Czech (not to mention Polish).

Dušan
    Participant
    @dusan

@NikeBG yes, it’s Slovak, but the fast talking guy speaks in eastern dialect/Rusyn, so others who speak standard Slovak have hard time understanding him…

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

Yeah, that’s one of the things I mostly understood. 😉

Srdceleva
    Participant
    @srdceleva

@nikebg
    you understood the slovaks or the rusyn guy better?

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

The Slovaks. The Rusyn guy was like a machine-gun. I mean, I didn’t understand everything the Slovaks said, but for a Western Slavic language, it was quite understandable. Interslavic should probably be based on Slovak as a central Slavic language, I guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Drizzt
  • Shnickstara89
  • LCaine
  • ☭Lil Commie☭