Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Srdceleva
    Participant
    @srdceleva

It’s a good thing Slovak was based on Central Slovak as some Western and eastern dialects are ridiculous.

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

@srdceleva

“It’s a good thing Slovak was based on Central Slovak as some Western and eastern dialects are ridiculous.”

Why ridiculous?

Srdceleva
    Participant
    @srdceleva

Can you imagine standard Slovak being based on Záhorie dialect or any eastern Slovak dialect .That would be absurd. They are amusing and fun to learn but standard Slovak sounds much better by far imo.

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

@srdceleva I’d say standard Slovak sounds more intellectual, if that’s the right word. And Czech sounds more intellectual than Moravian. Nevertheless I love all those dialects. You would have a different opinion if std Slovak was already based on some of those dialects.

Velka Opice
    Participant
    @velkaopice

I wish I had some audio of my grandfather speaking Czech. I wonder what dialect/regional variation he used.

Srdceleva
    Participant
    @srdceleva

@kapitan-denis

Štúr  specifically based Slovak on Central slovak dialects because it was softer and more pleasant to all Slovak speakers, everyone basically agreed. Trnava dialect is too harsh ,and nobody from Western Slovakia could even understand eastern dialects. Also I think Moravian sounds better and more pleasent than Czech from prauge which sounds strange to my American ears. How do you go from pronouncing byt like bet. Moravian sounds like a Slovak speaking Czech, pleasent and nice.

Btw I just went to Košice for the first time this past weekend, really nice city I was thoroughly impressed.

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

@velkaopice That would be awesome. But today Slavorum wants to hear YOU speak some Czech!

According to this video it’s possible.

Velka Opice
    Participant
    @velkaopice

Wish there was a big ol’ heart button.

Olga Kysil
    Participant
    @olga_kysil

A polka band is LOUDLY playing “Polish Music,” to use the term loosely, in the park nearby. It’s a holiday weekend in America, Memorial Day, so lots of outdoor parties and picnics going on.

I heard this song a bit ago, so I decided to research it.  Lots of so-called “Polish Polka Music” known in America is actually of Czech, German and Slovenian origin.

<b>Beer Barrel Polka,</b>” also known as “<b>The Barrel Polka</b>” and “<b>Roll Out the Barrel,</b>” is a song which became popular worldwide during World War II. The music was composed by the Czech musician Jaromír Vejvoda in 1927.<sup id=”cite_ref-1″ class=”reference”></sup> Eduard Ingriš wrote the first arrangement of the piece, after Vejvoda came upon the melody and sought Ingriš’s help in refining it. At that time, it was played without lyrics as “Modřanská polka” (“Polka of Modřany”). Its first text was written later (in 1934) by Václav Zeman – with the title “Škoda lásky”<sup id=”cite_ref-2″ class=”reference”></sup> (“Wasted Love”).

Here, some Chinese kids play the song on their accordions. Very peppy! 😀

Anonymous

I posted a message with a URL link and video. The thread is bumped up but the message has not appeared.

Velka Opice
    Participant
    @velkaopice

“Beer Barrel Polka” absolutely rules, and even though polka is a popular style of music in Germany, Slovenia, Mexico, Finland, Austria, Switzerland, and to a lesser extent Russia, Ukraine, the Netherlands, and Romania, it It’s absolutely Czech. It caught fire and spread from there.

Anonymous

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

From the guys who brought you “You can’t help falling in love with her at first sight“, here comes their next hit – our achievements and inventions:

Bulgarian achievements and inventions

This is “Bulgarian achievements and inventions” by EU2018BG on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • LCaine
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • Shnickstara89
  • Nefario
  • ▽eurus▽