• This topic has 11 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I was always wondering the main difference between these two? "normal one , and mirrored one?"

http://solomongiants.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/kolovrat_2_big1.jpg
    http://www.wulflund.com/images_items/kolovrat-slavic-sun-wheel-pendant-leather_2.jpg

And so on , many pictures on net including tattoos , cover arts , pendants. Someone pls enlighten me.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I was always wondering the main difference between these two? "normal one , and mirrored one?"

http://solomongiants.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/kolovrat_2_big1.jpg
    http://www.wulflund.com/images_items/kolovrat-slavic-sun-wheel-pendant-leather_2.jpg

And so on , many pictures on net including tattoos , cover arts , pendants. Someone pls enlighten me.

I think it doesn't matter, it's a same thing.

Anonymous

Well, in my opinion, I think it does matter. We can observe the same thing in germanic 'swastika'. I think Varg Vikernes explains this best in one of his articles, so I will quote him.

The rotating wheel can be constructive, life-giving and creative as well as destructive, life-taking and protective. When rotating clockwise it's a Sun-wheel that sends powers into the world from the wyrd. When rotating counter-clockwise it's a Þórr's hammer, that sends powers into the wyrd from the world. The wheel is the warming fire of the Sun, that can also burn us; it's the life-giving water, that can also drown us. It creates life, but also takes life away.

When used in religious contexts the Sun-wheel speeds up processes and the hammer of Þórr slows them down or reverses them. Both symbols can in any case be both positive and negative, creative and destructive, depending on the situation.

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_bards_tale06.shtml

I don't think we will ever know the truth, but this is one of the possible definitions.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well, in my opinion, I think it does matter. We can observe the same thing in germanic 'swastika'. I think Varg Vikernes explains this best in one of his articles, so I will quote him.

The rotating wheel can be constructive, life-giving and creative as well as destructive, life-taking and protective. When rotating clockwise it's a Sun-wheel that sends powers into the world from the wyrd. When rotating counter-clockwise it's a Þórr's hammer, that sends powers into the wyrd from the world. The wheel is the warming fire of the Sun, that can also burn us; it's the life-giving water, that can also drown us. It creates life, but also takes life away.

When used in religious contexts the Sun-wheel speeds up processes and the hammer of Þórr slows them down or reverses them. Both symbols can in any case be both positive and negative, creative and destructive, depending on the situation.

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_bards_tale06.shtml

I don't think we will ever know the truth, but this is one of the possible definitions.

I think that may be a Germanic interpretation, & I really don't see why it even matters if it has a "destructive" side, as do all things. The Swastika is to be embraced in all shapes and forms.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    The Swastika is to be embraced in all shapes and forms.

Definitely agree. The Swastika is a sacred Aryan symbol.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Definitely agree. The Swastika is a sacred Aryan symbol.

Very true.

Anonymous

That picture of necklace Svitogor gave is basicaly both left and right facing kolovrat you just have to turn it around. ;D

Also i still dont understand how these signs are called kolovrat's if in reality kolovrat is this;

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That picture of necklace Svitogor gave is basicaly both left and right facing kolovrat you just have to turn it around. ;D

Aye I noticed that , but was too lazy to search of other pic at that time.
    Its easy when u have necklace then there are no doubts , u can turn it which way u want .. but when u have picture or engraved in wood or stone , the other way … that was point of my question.

Anonymous

And regarding other question (picture above) … that machine for "tkanje" is called after kolovrat. As kolovrat is in fact (spining wheel) and u spin that wheel while you make clothes.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Aye I noticed that , but was too lazy to search of other pic at that time.
    Its easy when u have necklace then there are no doubts , u can turn it which way u want .. but when u have picture or engraved in wood or stone , the other way … that was point of my question.

Well i think that our ancestors probably consider it important to which side kolovrat sign was facing but i dont realy know which side was it. I guess we should look at objects or other item which have this ancient signs. Personaly i have never even seen a picture of ancient or at least old kolovrat sign so i cant say anything. I hope someone on Slavorum will provide us with some hard evidence.

Anonymous

I heard before pretty much similar stuff than filiplitera already wrote.
    Clockwise kolovrat is a driving force, the creative one, the »male princip«, and the counterclockwise is the female princip, the destructive force.
    However the destructive force is not necesarelly bad, it's kind of like tripple principle (the sacred trinity) in hindu, where amongst Brahma and Vishnu is also Shiva who is a destructor but that doesn't mean something bad necessarely, it can also mean the power to stop all the bad patterns in life, the ability to stop with bad habbits and all kinds of bad things and ability and power to move on.
    However this particular thing needs more investigation  :)

Anonymous

I also heard similar explanation like Temnozora.

Both of them have basically positive power unless a person uses it for good things (like creating something positive). Especially the clockwise Kolovrat has explicitly and only the positive power, because it turns to the right, natural direction – panta rei. The anticlockwise Kolovrat has the same principle, but if a persons uses it for negative deeds, it might be destroying and in the end, it might destroy also him. One should be really careful there. So that may be a difference between them.

Anonymous

If any of you is interested… historical prove of Kolovrat can be found on this beam (year 1910) :

Focus on the bottom of the beam. A symbol in the middle is so-called Perun's cross or flower and it's wide-spread in all Slavic lands. Two identical symbols just next to the Perun's cross are Kolovrats – symbols of the sun.

The beam is in a house of an Greek-Catholic or Orthodox family (see the Christian cross). It is located somewhere on the territory of former Czecho-Slovakia, I'm not sure whether in Czech rep. or Slovakia. Anyway, I'm saying Czecho-Slovakia because Subcarpathian Ruthenia was a part of this state and some Greek-Catholics / Rusyns were relocated to present-day Czech rep. once, moreover Rusyn minority still lives in Slovakia. As soon as I'll find out the place of origin, I will inform you.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    And regarding other question (picture above) … that machine for "tkanje" is called after kolovrat. As kolovrat is in fact (spining wheel) and u spin that wheel while you make clothes.

It is also the wheel in a well's pulley system. In general though, the kolovrat is associated with life giving energy and creation. So, it makes sense to have it on a well (farmers irrigation tool) or on a machine to make clothes (creation and embroidery).

The most accurate Nazi use of the Swastika was the flag of the German Labor Front, a Swastika inside of a gear wheel symbolizing the energy of creation. But it was just a rip-off (knowingly or simply via ignorance) of ancient Slavic ideas.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    If any of you is interested… historical prove of Kolovrat can be found on this beam (year 1910) :

Let's up the stakes. I follow your 1910. and raise to XIV century:
    [img width=700 height=525]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5914/krstsakolovratommanasti.jpg”/>
    Cross with Kolovrat,Visoki Dečani monastery, XIV century (1327-1330).

[img width=700 height=525]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8831/perunovisvarogovznaluma.jpg”/>
    Two signs of Perun and a Kolovrat,Visoki Dečani monastery, XIV century (1327-1330).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • kony97
  • Nexius
  • Nefario
  • Tujev