• This topic has 10 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #343336

    Anonymous

    Russian fans to march through Warsaw before Euro 2012 matches
    image
    29.05.2012 11:47
    Several thousand Russian fans are to march through Warsaw on 12 June, before the Poland versus Russia Euro 2012 match, raising concerns over security in the Polish capital.

    Russian fans: photo wikipedia/Roman Kovrigin
    A representative of the Russian fans who will be traveling to Poland for the tournament says that the march before an international match is traditional – especially on 12 June, which is a national holiday in Russia.
    “Traditionally, the march is accompanied by drums and chants of ‘Forward Russia’,” Ivan Kuznetsov, a spokesman for the Russian All-Union supporters club has told the Polish Super Express daily.
    “We also want to organize a march before the match between Russia and Greece on 16 June,” Kuznetsov adds.
    He emphasised, however, that there was nothing political about the march. “Sport and politics should not be mixed,” he said.
    Poland is in Group A with Russia, Greece and the Czech Republic, with matches being played at Poland’s premier venue for the tournament, Warsaw’s newly opened National Stadium.
    Warsaw police have already been informed of the intention of the Russian fans to march before games.
    “In the coming days, Metropolitan Police will meet with representatives of the Russian fans. We want to jointly establish a route for the march,” says police spokesman Maciej Karczyński.
    It is estimated that around 30,000 Russian fans will be coming to the Polish capital for Euro 2012.
    Polish Radio reports that 5,000 visas have already been issued, although many more Russians will be using long-term EU visas.
    The Russian national team will be staying at the up-market Hotel Bristol during the tournament.
    It is feared that a Polish march on 10 June in commemoration of the 10 April Smolensk disaster, which killed all 96 on board in western Russia including President Lech Kaczynski, could attract anti-Russian nationalists, as the Bristol Hotel is just down the road from the Presidential Palace, the traditional place where the vigil for the air disaster victims takes place.
    Some supporters of the late Lech Kaczynski, including his twin brother Jaroslaw, maintain that Russia must hold some of the blame for the Smolensk disaster. (pg)

    http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/100976,Russian-fans-to-march-through-Warsaw-before-Euro-2012-matches

    #383291

    Anonymous

    “Sport and politics should not be mixed”

    Bosnian football fans beg to differ ;D

    #383292

    Anonymous

    Typical football hooligans. This crap always happens, it's what goes with football.. News are trying to stir up trouble comparing the match between Poland and Russia to the Polish/Russian War of 1920. Ignore that crap.

    I'm really looking forward to this match and I hope it will be a good one!  :)

    #383293

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Typical football hooligans. This crap always happens, it's what goes with football.. News are trying to stir up trouble comparing the match between Poland and Russia to the Polish/Russian War of 1920. Ignore that crap.

    I'm really looking forward to this match and I hope it will be a good one!  :)

    I also hope that both Poles and Russians will refrain from fight. Let's better team win.

    #383294

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I also hope that both Poles and Russians will refrain from fight. Let's better team win.

    Agreed! :)

    #383295

    Anonymous

    Football fans are usually brainless guys, beer and retarded fighting in the stadiums replace the remnants of the brain.  I hope, Polish people will not judge about all Russians by those crazy fans.

    #383296

    Anonymous

    Eh. I hope this dislike between us and the Russians will end sooner or later, better if soon. I'm Polish but I like Russia and I have nothing against them, in fact I'm also studying Russian and Cyrillic! And now we know, that in the end we cannot blame The Russians for communism and what has happened! They have suffered like us … I hope that sooner or later the Jews will pay for all these problems among us!

    #383297

    Anonymous

    Well, match is over. Russia was better in first half, Poland in second 1:1 was fair outcome. Concerning the fights it is sad to see such things happening among Slavs.
    Lol msg #300 for me ;D

    #383298

    Anonymous

    I would like to assure you that nothing wrong is going on in Warsaw besides some stupid incidents which are supported by mass media and tabloids hungry for sensations.

    #383299

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I would like to assure you that nothing wrong is going on in Warsaw besides some stupid incidents which are supported by mass media and tabloids hungry for sensations.

    Glad to hear. I am aware that Russia and Poland have difficult history, but nevertheless, thos two are biggest Slavic nations, and I still believe there is much more similarites than differences betwee two :)

    #383300

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    I would like to assure you that nothing wrong is going on in Warsaw besides some stupid incidents which are supported by mass media and tabloids hungry for sensations.

    So what BBC is reporting that Poles reverted back to cannibalism isn't true?

    #383301

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    Glad to hear. I am aware that Russia and Poland have difficult history, but nevertheless, thos two are biggest Slavic nations, and I still believe there is much more similarites than differences betwee two :)

    Thanks for your opinion :) I couldn’t agree more. I didn’t notice anything dangerous on Warsaw’s streets and in public transport means as well. Russian fans are noisy, but from my point of view they generally behave properly  :)

    #383302

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    So what BBC is reporting that Poles reverted back to cannibalism isn't true?

    If you want to follow BBC opinion, just go ahead. I don't care. I live here.

    #383303

    Anonymous

    It is sad to see the tension between the people of the two countries is still happening today. I know where it’s coming from but it is time to move on for Russians and Poles.
    Russian hooligans marching waving the flag – whatever flag it was – were purposely provoking the locals. They should have shown some respect but I guess it would be too much to ask from a group of hooligans
    The media  exaggerated making it look to the outsiders that Poles and Russians absolutely hate each which is not true.
    Anyway, the result is fair and I am glad this hysteria in media is over.

    #383304

    Anonymous
    Quote:
    It is sad to see the tension between the people of the two countries is still happening today. I know where it’s coming from but it is time to move on for Russians and Poles.
    Russian hooligans marching waving the flag – whatever flag it was – were purposely provoking the locals. They should have shown some respect but I guess it would be too much to ask from a group of hooligans
    The media  exaggerated making it look to the outsiders that Poles and Russians absolutely hate each which is not true.
    Anyway, the result is fair and I am glad this hysteria in media is over.

    I am afraid that hysteria of medias is never over. Common sense is the only solution in this crazy world. The draw result is satisfactory for both sides, I believe. The Gods watch over us. No more wars between the Slavs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ▽eurus▽
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • LCaine
  • Shnickstara89
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Drizzt