• This topic has 10 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have had this idea some time in my head, one day i am going to buy a house obviously, it should have a big garden and my idea is to make something like sacred grove somewhere in it. I imagine three trees, on o them will be definitely oak, next to each little wooden idol and a bench to spend old age on. But it has a problem: i cant decide what other trees should i plant. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Linden. :)

In old Slavic mythology, the linden (lipa, as called in all Slavic languages) was considered a sacred tree. Particularly in Poland, many villages have a name "Święta Lipka" (or similar), which literally means "Holy Lime". To this day, the tree is a national emblem of Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, and the Sorbs.

Anonymous

Definetly a linden. And definetly not a walnut. Trust me – no walnut.

Anonymous

Willow

Anonymous

How about apple or other fruit bearing trees?  Any symbolism for berry bushes?

Anonymous
    Quote:

He'd need at least two fruit trees to cross-pollinate, if he wants them bear any fruit.  :)

Anonymous

God I would suck as a farmer.  Are maple trees found in Eastern Europe?

Anonymous

Our whole property could be called a grove. We have planted upwards of twenty trees since moving here 5 years ago and it was already a fairly heavy forested area. We also have two streams on the property I jst planted a stand of river birch next tot he smaller of the two.

When I want to commune with nature or event he gods, I head down to the stream in the deep forested part of our land.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    God I would suck as a farmer.  Are maple trees found in Eastern Europe?

Probably. They sure are common around here. Different kinds of them.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Linden. :)

Quote:
    Definetly a linden. And definetly not a walnut. Trust me – no walnut.

Once, whem I was much younger, there was a place with many of them. Its rare tho, because in here, theyre not that spread. One more reason to go linden :-)

Quote:
    Willow

This depends on how big our land will be. I cant imagine a willow without any water ;-)

Quote:

You know, we want a little part in the garden, where we can plant some vegetables and maybe some fruit bearing trees, but this grove should be more for relaxing and meditation.

Quote:
    Our whole property could be called a grove. We have planted upwards of twenty trees since moving here 5 years ago and it was already a fairly heavy forested area. We also have two streams on the property I jst planted a stand of river birch next tot he smaller of the two.

When I want to commune with nature or event he gods, I head down to the stream in the deep forested part of our land.

Lucky you ;-) My dream always was to have really big land with some forest and even a little river running through, but most likely I end up in some three-room flat as most people does here :-D But I have a backup plan for that, little oak bonsai tree :-)

Anonymous

OG,my yard is some 200 meters long and some 75 wide at it's widest.It's filled with all kinds of trees and shrubbery,most of them bear fruit,but some are just cosmetic.My entire back yard looks more like a park than a yard.
    One day I'd like to buy me some larger property and make a large wooden cabin with geothermal heating system and solar panels,and make a big park with a fish pond where ducks would swim,and get like five goats for milk and cheese,and maybe a few of those shaggy autochtonous pigs to forage the forest,and turn them into bacon and sausages on the yearly basis. :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    OG,my yard is some 200 meters long and some 75 wide at it's widest.It's filled with all kinds of trees and shrubbery,most of them bear fruit,but some are just cosmetic.My entire back yard looks more like a park than a yard.
    One day I'd like to buy me some larger property and make a large wooden cabin with geothermal heating system and solar panels,and make a big park with a fish pond where ducks would swim,and get like five goats for milk and cheese,and maybe a few of those shaggy autochtonous pigs to forage the forest,and turn them into bacon and sausages on the yearly basis. :D

But look out for the goats. Don't let them eat the trees. ;D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    But look out for the goats. Don't let them eat the trees. ;D

Yeah :-D Well, me and my fiance, we wanted some kind of "ranch". One or two cows, a horse, some goats and chicken… But, as I wrote, is a little bit difficult here in Slovakia, you must be really lucky or must inherit some land. But thats what dreams are good for :-)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yeah :-D Well, me and my fiance, we wanted some kind of "ranch". One or two cows, a horse, some goats and chicken… But, as I wrote, is a little bit difficult here in Slovakia, you must be really lucky or must inherit some land. But thats what dreams are good for :-)

I know. Ain't much different here … But I, for my part,  wouldn't want one. Too much work for not being able to make a living out of it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I know. Ain't much different here … But I, for my part,  wouldn't want one. Too much work for not being able to make a living out of it.

Its more like improving life with fine whole milk and some "home-made" eggs ;-) I know its not enough for even for one family, but it wolud be nice. And, me and my fiance, we both have sedentary jobs, so little change at home would be most welcome ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • slovborg
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • kony97
  • Glockamole
  • Tujev
  • haver25