• This topic has 9 voices and 46 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Representatives of the Serbian, British, and German governments, as well as leading local and foreign archeologists, have gathered in the atrium of the National Museum in Belgrade to mark the beginning of the international research project entitled "Development of Metallurgy in Eurasia", which should answer the question whether Serbia is the cradle of European metallurgy.
    The project "Development of Metallurgy in Eurasia" is a continuation of the doctoral research carried out by Miljana Radivojevic on currently the oldest documented metallurgy in the world, discovered at sites in Serbia. The project is funded by the British Arts and Humanities Research Council. Over half a million pounds will be invested in the three-year research. Excavations will be conducted during this and next summer, with data processing and publications to be completed by the end of 2014. The goal of the "Development of Metallurgy in Eurasia" project is to continue the five-year collaboration between the institutions researching this sphere at the sites Plocnik near Prokuplje, a large settlement of the Vinca culture, and Belovode in eastern Serbia.
    The signing of the agreement on cooperation between the UCL Institute of Archaeology and national museums in Belgrade, Prokuplje, and Priboj, was attended by Culture Minister Predrag Markovic, British Ambassador Michael Davenport, Head of the Culture Department of the German Embassy Karin Marshall, Director of the UCL Institute of Archaeology Stephen Shennan, directors of Serbian museums, and many experts in this field. Addressing guests and reporters, Minister of Culture, Media and Information Society, Predrag Markovic said that this project "tackles the 7,000-year old time period, of which Serbia keeps the entire network of different sites, but so far, our country has not been able to research those sites sufficiently for different reasons. This international project will therefore significantly contribute to the work at the very sites, said the Minister. Director of the National Museum in Belgrade, Tatjana Cvjeticanin, stated she is proud that "Serbia can present what Serbian archaeological sites can offer researchers from around the world when it comes to the emergence of metallurgy in the territory of our country." British Ambassador to Serbia Michael Davenport pointed he is "honored and pleased that the agreement has been signed between Serbian and British institutions and experts, and that this will be a major undertaking for all participating in the project"

http://voiceofserbia.org/content/serbia-%E2%80%93-cradle-metallurgy

Anonymous

I wonder if there is a link to Bosnian pyramids…

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I wonder if there is a link to Bosnian pyramids…

I wonder if there are pyramids at all

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I wonder if there are pyramids at all

They are, they  dug up the side walls as well as inner tunnels of one of the pyramids. And besides that very similar pyramids berried under mountains were found in China I think.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    They are, they  dug up the side walls as well as inner tunnels of one of the pyramids. And besides that very similar pyramids berried under mountains were found in China I think.

Mhmmmm… until they uncover at least one I'll find it hard to believe(both in Bosnia and China)

Anonymous

Bosnian pyramid

Meni je ovo dovoljan dokaz :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Bosnian pyramid

Meni je ovo dovoljan dokaz :D

Aj da preformulisem: Tesko mi je da poverujem dok skroz ne otkriju celu piramidu  ;)

Anonymous

I am  supprised  how this topic is without comments.
    So let's get straight with this:
    -This region has oldest language in the world (history, culture…)
    -This region has oldest metallurgy in the world (tools, weapons, level of civilization…)
    -This region is where some greatest warriors were born
    -This region is where from some biblical people are described

And yet, no mention of people who spoke that language, no mention of people who did metallurgy and so on…
    and on top of all, some barbarian tribe came and stole everything from them.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    -This region has oldest metallurgy in the world (tools, weapons, level of civilization…)

And yet, no mention of people who spoke that language, no mention of people who did metallurgy and so on…

How can you possibly know what happened 7500 years BC when humankind don't know, with certainty, what went on prior to 1400?  ::)

Anonymous

How can you possibly know what happened 7500 years BC when humankind don't know, with certainty, what went on prior to 1400?

You sir have a shallow thinking. If we didn't know we wouldn't find anything related to it. That is the answer on your question.
    Second thing is that, that was not the point, but you have posted mainly because of your flaming behavior, no offense.
    The point is that this region for years had all propositions to be a center of Europe in every view. And it was, until some barbarians came and..than nobody knows what happened.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How can you possibly know what happened 7500 years BC when humankind don't know, with certainty, what went on prior to 1400?  ::)
    Quote:
    The point is that this region for years had all propositions to be a center of Europe in every view. And it was, until some barbarians came and..then nobody knows what happened.

What am I reading here?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    You sir have a shallow thinking. If we didn't know we wouldn't find anything related to it. That is the answer on your question.
    Second thing is that, that was not the point, but you have posted mainly because of your flaming behavior, no offense.
    The point is that this region for years had all propositions to be a center of Europe in every view. And it was, until some barbarians came and..than nobody knows what happened.

That's very juvenile answer.

What do we know about Vinca culture? We don't have idea what was their language like as not a single written document was preserved(and even if it did we would probably get nothing from it because we would need another familiar language to translate it), we got no idea what was their community like, how far their territory stretched… Only thing we know is some small things like what kind of pottery they had, we know they made metal stuff and also we know they lived in huts, but all the other is mere guessing, much like they are guess what Stonehenge or Tarxien temples were

Anonymous

Shaokang, you are really missing a point here.
    Anyways, there are teams of people who are researching Vinca's culture and language, so let them do their work.

Anonymous
    Quote:

now it should be clear to you as to why this region is so messed up and why it's been targeted and influenced by every Empire pretty much.

Anonymous

now it should be clear to you as to why this region is so messed up and why it's been targeted and influenced by every Empire pretty much.

That's what I thought too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Glockamole
  • GOGA
  • Jan Pat II
  • kony97
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • jorgos