• This topic has 24 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

How much do Serbs and Bulgars understand each other linguisticaly? Also you have very similar costumes and culture so i guess you like each others right?

Anonymous

Croats and Serbs have similar costumes, doesn't mean they like each other ::) But about the language, I was watching Bulgarian TV a couple of days ago, and I could understand around half of it. It varies from conversation to conversation; sometimes they will use a combination of words that are similar to Serbian, other times they will use words that aren't.

Anonymous

From what I understand they don't always love each other. I mean the older Serbs from my family dislike them because of past hostilities (massacre at WWI, battle of Slivnica, WWII). But I guess really they are similar in many ways…

Anonymous

Thanks for info. guys let us wait what others have a saying on this.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How much do Serbs and Bulgars understand each other linguisticaly? Also you have very similar costumes and culture so i guess you like each others right?

We are the most similar Slavs by tradition, culture and heritage. I noticed Bulgarians understand us better than we understand them, cause we talk slower than they do. Our relationship is pretty cold since WW2, since we were fighting on opposite sides. We also see Bulgarians as astrayed, sold to the west, so to speak (but in our eyes only the Rus are still with us). I have a feeling it is getting better with the younger generations though. We share a great deal of our history, going through most of the things hand in hand, are both seen as the cradle of the Slavic Orthodox Christianity (Pravoslavlje), and were the first Slavic Empires in the history.

We do not necessarily like each other, but the Bulgarians are the only Slavs on the peninsula Serbs respect. All in all a great foundation for closer ties.

Anonymous

I see thanks for this Cvetinov. I hope your friendship greatly improves.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I see thanks for this Cvetinov. I hope your friendship greatly improves.

Well, from personal expirience, Bulgarian and Serbian people like eachother. I was in Bulgaria, we had few Bulgarians on our Faculty, etc. From what I saw Bulagarians love Serbian culture, our music (bad and good ;D ), our movies, poetry, our TV etc. Serbs, on other hand are really disapointed and disilusioned in Bulgarian Government and its servile mentality towards US,NATO and EU, but do not blame Bulgarians for that, and we mostly like them, but must admit that we are bit arogant towards them.
    Concerning language, I think that Bulgarians understand Serbian better than we understand Bulgarian.

Anonymous

Hehe i see thanks for info. So Serbs realy take this NATO, EU, stuff so seriously? :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Hehe i see thanks for info. So Serbs realy take this NATO, EU, stuff so seriously? :D

Well I was speaking about their recognition of Kosovo. This could be aplied to all countries which recognied Kosovo, but such acts from Montenegro, Macedonia and Bulgaria are seen as most shamefull treason by Serbs. Also there is historical memory, anout II Balcan war, WWI and WWII.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Well I was speakaing about their recognition of Kosovo. This could be aplied to all countries which recognied Kosovo, but such acts from Montenegro, Macedonia and Bulgaria are seen as most shamefull treason by Serbs. Also there is historical memory, anout II Balcan war, WWI and WWII.

Yeah i suspected this fact is also behind this.

Anonymous

Just 200 years ago, there wasn't a strict ethnic division between Serbs and Bulgarians. There were two transitional ethnicities Shops and Torlaks. They lived in what is nowdays eastern Serbia, western Bulgaria and northern Macedonia. They spoke language that was a gradual shift between modern scholar serbian and bulgarian. Torlak dialect a little bit more resembled serbian, and shop bulgarian. When borders were finally drone between 3 countries (1913), those who ended up in SRB eventually became Serbs and vice versa.
    For Serbs, if they can make Bulgarians speak more slowly, they understand them pretty well. The same goes around, with Bulgarians having a easier task as Serbs do tend to speak a little slower.

Anonymous

Thanks for detailed info. Влајко!

Anonymous
    Quote:

How should one take it? Or you stand by your flag, or you stand under theirs. Occupying us, droping bombs on us, just because we aren't keen on being another anglo-saxon vassalage colony is serious.

This shi[size=1pt]'[/size]t is serious Povhec. It was not done to our army, it was done to us, to our unarmed people, by them.

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][img height=300]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/CK_building_on_fire_1999.jpg” />[/td]
    [td][/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Life is always easier on their side… Only that it's not your life anymore, you are just allowed to bear your name, and pretend to be free.
    Under the Ottomans at least people had some decency to change their names, so they wouldn't desecrate the honour of their ancestors.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How should one take it? Or you stand by your flag, or you stand under theirs. Occupying us, droping bombs on us, just because we aren't keen on being another anglo-saxon vassalage colony is serious.

This shi[size=1pt]'[/size]t is serious Povhec. It was not done to our army, it was done to us, to our unarmed people, by them.

Life is always easier on their side… Only that it's not your life anymore, you are just allowed to bear your name, and pretend to be free.
    Under the Ottomans at least people had some decency to change their names, so they wouldn't desecrate the honour of their ancestors.

Yes this is really bad i agree. However Bulgarians didn't took part in this since they joined later.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Yes this is really bad i agree. However Bulgarians didn't took part in this since they joined later.

Of course not. I believe if NATO would be doing the same what it does to our people, every nation would act similary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ▽eurus▽
  • LCaine
  • Drizzt
  • Shnickstara89
  • Petko (the pet store)
  • ☭Lil Commie☭