• This topic has 14 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

In this topic we can post and discuss movies and series which every Serb or a person interested in Serbia and the Serbian people should watch.

[li]additionaly one may also post works of our cinematography one sees notable, or worth watching.[/li]

[hr]

Vuk Karadzic TV Series – 1987
    Vuk Karadžić (Serbian Cyrillic: Вук Караџић), is а Serbian and Slovenian historical drama television series which depicts the life and work of Vuk Stefanović Karadžić (7 November 1787 – 7 February 1864), a Serbian linguist and major reformer of the Serbian language. It depicts the period of the Serbian revival to the formation of the Serbian Kingdom.

Vuk Karadzic TV Series – Episode 1

Sinovci (The Sons) – 2006
    An antiwar movie about deceased Serbian soldiers of all wars fought waiting for morning to go home…

Sinovci (The Sons) – full movie
    [size=8pt]a speech from the movie (4:34)[/size]

Čudotvorni mač (The Magic Sword) – 1950
    The Magic Sword (Serbian: Чудотворни мач, Čudotvorni mač) is a 1950 Yugoslav fantasy/adventure film based on Serbian folk tales. Evil Baš Čelik is terrorizing people, but only the magic sword can harm him. A young hero goes on the dangerous quest to find that sword.

Čudotvorni mač – Part 1

Anonymous

Montevideo, bog te video (Montevideo: Taste of a Dream) – 2010
    The plot, inspired by real life events that took place in the late 1920s, tells a story about a group of Belgrade football players, their lives, friendships, romances and troubles that arise before their eventual assembly into the national team and departure for the far-away Uruguay. This historical melodrama gives a unique and somewhat nostalgic view of post-Great War Belgrade while resurrecting a distinctive era which underlines the main values and virtues of the time.

Montevideo, bog te video – full movie

Anonymous

The Weight Of Chains – 2010
    The Weight of Chains is a 2010 Canadian documentary film directed by Boris Malagurski which analyzes the role that the United States, NATO and the European Union played in the breakup of Yugoslavia. It was released on December 17, 2010. "The reason why the U.S. policy "subdue or die" is not very welcomed in the rest of the world. Those people experienced it on their own skin."

The Weight Of Chains – Trailer

Anonymous

Балкански шпијун (Balkan Spy), best Serbian movie ever made.
    Most of our modern films, especialy from that fag idiot Dragojevic, is pure puke.
    We had great cimenatography, along with Czehoslovak and Hungarian.

Anonymous

Balkanski špijun (Balkan Spy) – 1984
    Ilija Cvorovic is called by the secret police to routinely answer questions about his neighbour, businessman who had returned from the West. After that talk, Cvorovic is convinced that his neighbour represents the greatest threat to national security and begins his own surveillance operation against the innocent man.

Balkanski špijun – full movie

– let's put it in the list

Anonymous

Profesionalac (The Professional) – 2003
    The Professional (Serbian: Професионалац) is a 2003 comedy/drama, based on 1990 drama of the same name, written and directed by famous Serbian playwright Dušan Kovačević. This movie earned its cult status by showing some of the darkest moments in Serbian history in actual and sometimes even comic way. This movie was nominated for seven awards of which it received five. The plot tells a story about Teja, recently an University professor, a bohemian writer, a member of Belgrade's intellectual circles and a passionate opponent of the Milosevic's regime, Teja is today a manager of a big publishing house. One day a strange visitor comes uninvited to his office, carrying a big suitcase. That man is Luka, a former agent of the Serbian Security Service, now a taxi driver. Suddenly a surprising confrontation of these two men begins, which is full of incredible twists.

Profesionalac – full movie

Anonymous

Badnje veče 1943 (Christmas Eve 1943) TV Drama – 2007
    "Christmas Eve 1943" is a moving story about that part of the history of the Serbian people, for which no other is to blame than themselves. A vicious circle of hell is shown through the story of two brothers – one a royalist 'chetnik', the other a communist 'partisan'. It is a drama about brotherhood, family, the people and the turmoil of ideologies and wars in the last century.

Badnje veče 1943 – full movie

Anonymous

Leptirca (The She-Butterfly) – 1973
    Leptirica (Serbian Cyrillic: Лептирица, translation The She-Butterfly) is a 1973 former Yugoslav horror TV movie based on the story After Ninety Years (1880) written by Serbian writer Milovan Glišić. Leptirica is considered one of the top Serbian and former Yugoslav horror films. Probably the first Serbian horror film. Story follows young man Strahinja who is in love with a local beauty Radojka, but their relationship has an obstacle – her father Živan, who considers Strahinja as nothing but a loser. To prove that he's able to take care of himself and his future bride, Strahinja agrees to take vacancy in the village mill… But, the mill is known as a place where no one meets the dawn alive… (info: the watermill is famous for his inhabitant Sava Savanovic, one of the first vampires)

Leptirica – full movie

Anonymous

Sveto Mesto (A Holy Place) – 1990
    Sveto mesto (A Holy Place, 1990) is a 1990 former Yugoslav horror movie based on the literary classic, Nikolai Gogol's 1835 short story, 'Viy'. However, the director uses it only as a starting point for his own explorations into the dark side of eroticism, he departs further from the original story, and introduces an excess of perversity and horror more reminiscent of the Anglo-American gothic than the milder Slavic attempts in a similar mode. Incest is the name of the game here.

Sveto Mesto – full movie

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Балкански шпијун (Balkan Spy), best Serbian movie ever made.
    Most of our modern films, especialy from that fag idiot Dragojevic, is pure puke.
    We had great cimenatography, along with Czehoslovak and Hungarian.

So you also dislike Rane? I think that movie is interesting but i wonder if it is realistic?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So you also dislike Rane? I think that movie is interesting but i wonder if it is realistic?

Unfortunately it is, but I don't consider it worth mentioning, since it only depicts the worst scum and excrements that degenerated in the worst years of our society, that sadly lives to this day on.

Anonymous
    Quote:

I don't know how much is realistic, everything was happening during that painful period in '90, but Dragojevic always choose some way to present Serbian culture and society as extremely barbaric and primitive, it probably have relation with his home education.
    As Dragojević described himself: "the child of middle-level communist nomenklatura in Serbia".

His new movie "Parada" (refers to the gay parade, since he is big suporter) poster:

Middle finger to "three fingers" – modern Serbian greeting.

Scum.

Anonymous

So i see. Well i dont know why but this movie is realy popular in Slovenia and has become cult movie. Some people even try to imitate those two main character's. On Partis.si (pirate site) it constantly has around 140 seed's (sejalci) and that is realy high number for that site.

Anonymous

Sveti Georgije ubiva aždahu (St. George Slays the Dragon) – 2009
    St. George Slays the Dragon (Serbian: Свети Георгије убива аждаху) is a Serbian World War I drama directed by Srđan Dragojević and written by Dušan Kovačević. The movie premiered on March 11, 2009. With a budget of around €5 million, it was one of the most expensive Serbian movie productions to date. Some of the funds have been donated by the governments of Serbia (€1.55 million) and Republika Srpska (€750,000) who deemed the movie to be of national importance. Kovačević's script is based on his 1984 theater play that was staged to great success in Belgrade's Atelje 212 and Novi Sad's Serbian National Theatre. The movie starts with Kingdom of Serbia battling, as part of the Balkan League, the remaining Turkish occupiers during the First Balkan War in 1912 and ends with the outbreak of World War I in 1914 and the crucial Battle of Cer, the first allied victory in World War I. It is largely set in and around a small village by the Sava river at Serbia's border with then Austria-Hungary.

St. George Slays the Dragon – full movie

Personal note: I considered not adding 'Sveti Georgije ubiva aždahu' from the same director as 'Rane', Srdjan Dragojevic, because I personally find it a failed movie. Eventhough the director has quality, unfortunately, and that is the point, he shows his talent only in handling low-life degeneric, 90's war or other negative themes, but is unable to bring up any of that quality when confronted with positive ones considering our culture and tradition (like the story 'Sveti Georgije Ubiva Azdahu' should have been).

Anonymous

Personal note: I considered not adding 'Sveti Georgije ubiva aždahu' from the same director as 'Rane', Srdjan Dragojevic, because I personally find it a failed movie. Eventhough the director has quality, unfortunately, and that is the point, he shows his talent only in handling low-life degeneric, 90's war or other negative themes, but is unable to bring up any of that quality when confronted with positive ones considering our culture and tradition (like the story 'Sveti Georgije Ubiva Azdahu' should have been).

Movie is total fail. Dragojevic deserve electric chair.

Great film about 1st World war:

Mars na Drinu (The march on Drina) – 1964

Serbian army battery in the First World War, is forced march with no stopping and rest, arrives to Cer and, in decisive moment, enters the fight and throws off Austrian troops which penetrated into the country. This is not only the chronicle of Cer battle, but Serbian drama and drama of one nation who made impossible possible during the fight against the empire which wanted to take away their country. This drama is based on credible events and authentic documents.

Marš na Drinu / Марш на Дрину – филм – 1964 (english title)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • 'las
  • Nefario
  • GOGA
  • Lucifer Morningstar