• This topic has 11 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Seven Beautiful Wonders of Serbia

Serbia, a South Slavic land that dwells on the rocky Balkan mountains and green Pannonian plains. We…

Read the full story here

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

Wow that townhall really looks fantastic. Reminds me of Wow Brill town :D

Anonymous

St. Sava was the founder of the Serbian church? I thought the Serbs were Christians quite long before him. Or do you mean it as an independent (from both Constantinople and Rome) institution?

Anonymous

What about Golubac fortress, Smederevo fortress, Kopaonik, Stara planina…

Anonymous

Zlatibor,Drvengrad,Petrovoradin fortress in Novi Sad…nothing,no? Oh well…You should make a facts article…i would be interested to read it,i am guessing it would be short because of the lack of knowledge the admin has about Serbia…then again,everyone can learn something new,no? ;)

Anonymous

@NikeBG Yes, he is first Serbian archibishop, he brought autocephaly to Serbian curch. Serbs are baptized long before St.Sava, in 8-9th century…

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@”aleksa_sukovic” these wonders were picked by Tourist Organisation of Serbia as your official wonders :) ones you mentioned are not recognized as your wonders. Now let me ask you now really has the lack of knowledge? :D

Anonymous

I think the biggest Serbian wonder is Usce Shopping Center. Every time I go to work I see handful of people gathering in/around this “relic” and all the bus stations in its vicinity are loaded with bunch of rednecks

Anonymous

Djerdapska klisura (Iron Gates) Longest and largest gorge in Europe on the River Danube.

Lepenski Vir is an important Mesolithic archaeological site.

Visoki Dečani is a major Serbian Orthodox Christian monastery located in Kosovo.

Gamzigrad is an archaeological site, spa resort and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Serbia.It is the location of the ancient Roman complex of palaces and temples Felix Romuliana, built by Emperor Galerius.

White Angel is a detail of one of the most well-known frescoes in Serbian culture in the Mileševa monastery.Considered one of the most beautiful works of Serbian and European art from the High Middle Ages, this fresco is considered to be one of the great achievements in European painting.A picture of the White Angel of Mileševa was sent as a message in the first satellite broadcast signal from Europe to America after the Cuban Missile Crisis, as a symbol of peace and civilization.Later, the same signal, containing the White Angel, was transmitted to space in an attempt to communicate with extraterrestrial life forms

Manasija, is a Serb Orthodox monastery.The monastery is surrounded by massive walls and towers. Immediately following its foundation, the monastery became the cultural centre of the Serbian Despotate.

etc,etc,etc,etc :)

Anonymous

you could have a better picture to post, like this:
    Uvac

Tara

Subotica

Hram Sv. Save

Beogradska tvrdjava

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

@”Kristina KiKi Komazec” are these under reusable license?

Anonymous

You could also mention Ćele kula (Niš) and Mileševa (near Prijepolje).

Anonymous
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • привет
  • Jan Pat II
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • 'las
  • slovborg
  • Tujev