• This topic has 237 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by  Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 238 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Current Montenegrin Flag.

Do you think the red background should be replaced with the serb tri color to look something like this

Anonymous

MG had Serbian tricolor till few years back.

Anonymous

It would look nicer than the current flag, that's for sure.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    It would look nicer than the current flag, that's for sure.

Really?  I think the red background really fills it out nicely.

Anonymous

Maybe because it makes the flag look simpler. I’m surprised, though, that they would choose a red background because the Albanian and Turkish flags have red backgrounds, and Montenegrins have resisted Ottoman occupation furiously and Albanians and Serbs generally don’t get along.

Anonymous

I like the current flag, but if they identify with the Serbian style tricolor, they shall use it. It's not like they haven't used it before – both world wars, right?

Anonymous

Wel my opinion is that is would be as if Slovakia would have Hungarian tricolor instead of ours. So I say no.

Anonymous

But Slovaks don’t identify as Huns. Many Montenegrins do as Serbians and if you ask the old folks, they tell you it’s one and the same. I have no real opinion about it.

Anonymous

You have a point there. Except history we have nothing common with nowaday Hungarians (except of that 50% of Slavic genes that they have, haha). Serbia and Montenegro, that’s different case.
    Well then I would find it good if they would change their flag to Serbian tricolor. Because curent flag it looks too much Albanian to me >.<

Anonymous

The greatest poet and statesman of Montenegro considered himself an ethnic Serb, as did all of their nation prior to WWII, they just had a strong regionalist identity.

As for the poll, yes, I support all the true Montenegrins in their revindication of their original flag.

Anonymous

Current flag is awfull, it is hybrid of old Montenegrin flag (Serbian Tricolour with Montenegrin style eagle) and Montenegrin war flag (white cross on red). And I think it should be changed, golden of red, not really nice.

Anonymous

Well is there some Montenegrian (Serb from Montenegro) here on forum? Because I would want to hear their opinion.

Anonymous

All Montenegrins on this forum identified Serbs. http://forum.slavorum.com/index.php/topic,2298.msg26471.html#msg26471

Anonymous

No point in discussing their ethnicity any further. This is obvious to such an extent it should be considered an axiom.

Anonymous

Ethnicity is verry subjective in any case, so I agree it is pointless to debate it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • Fia
  • kony97
  • 'las