• This topic has 22 voices and 65 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka

As usual i do not plan to do anything without approval of membership in general. Considering that many things concerning some topics have been discussed they now serve only for readers to read them however we don't have any actual discussions as, well, everything has been said.

Thus what do you think, should we rename the forum and expand it on all Europeans in general?
    As i said, i will do no actions without most of you approving it. However for the sake of discussions and general activity we could do something like that. All your posts, accounts, threads and all your effort would be saved and pretty much everything would be the same except the name and logo, and other boards added.

It's just an idea, feel free to give your input and your thoughts! 

Anonymous

If Slavorum is changed to be for all the Europeans then I think it will lose it's main purpose…
    BUT if it's done correctly, maybe it could be expanded in way that every European group (Germanic, Nordic etc) has it own subforum, and one of that subforums would be completely preserved Slavorum.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    If Slavorum is changed to be for all the Europeans then I think it will lose it's main purpose…
    BUT if it's done correctly, maybe it could be expanded in way that every European group (Germanic, Nordic etc) has it own subforum, and one of that subforums would be completely preserved Slavorum.

That what you said is just the idea i had in mind Senka :)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    That what you said is just the idea i had in mind Senka :)

That's great! ;D I think it would be nice if all the subforums were separated somehow but you could still access all the subforums with one account. As for the main name of the forum, it would have to be changed in the mentioned case, but that's on you. You are the administrator.

Anonymous

So there will be no Slavic forum anymore? Because that's what will happen if we generalise it into a European forum. There are tons of such out ther but Slavorum, well, is Slavorum – THE Slavic forum. Why throw that away? In the end, it's not up to me to decide …

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    So there will be no Slavic forum anymore? Because that's what will happen if we generalise it into a European forum. There are tons of such out ther but Slavorum, well, is Slavorum – THE Slavic forum. Why throw that away? In the end, it's not up to me to decide …

Nothing happened yet Štajerc so no need for panic. It's just an option that i wish to discuss with all of you and i understand your concern, i have the same thoughts on that as well. Still i do think we all together need to discuss where all this is going both as a website and a community.

Anonymous
    Quote:

But what if the new forum would be different…? We could still have ''THE Slavic forum'' as a part of the new forum.

Anonymous

If you want to expand the forum to include non-Slavic nations then you would need more strict rules as the flame wars would occur more often between rival groups(e.g. Serbs and Albanians).

You can expand forum in many another way(for example going into some specialized subjects, not just traditions and political news), in any case I'd back you up

Anonymous

I'd like it to remain a Slavic forum,it seems that this site is a port of call (even if for a very short time) for many Slavic emigrants are trying to get a piece of information about their ancestry,or just to chime in and say "hi,I'm Slavic".

Anonymous

Maybe Gvarda's right… Maybe it should remain Slavic, but it needs some upgrade for sure.

Anonymous

I would vote to keep it Slavic centered.  I wonder if the forum would lose its original purpose and I do worry about the ability to monitor flame wars between not only nations, but regions within a nation. Think Shaokang raided a good point.

Anonymous

Keep it slavic.
    Also, heavy moderation and strict rules will ultimately kill discussion. I like no-holds-barred rules.

Boris V.
    Boris V.
    Participant
    @dedushka
    Quote:
    Keep it slavic.
    Also, heavy moderation and strict rules will ultimately kill discussion. I like no-holds-barred rules.

Yeah this is absolutley true and we have talked about it in moderation staff…thus we will moderate much more lightly in future and political debates are free to be discussed and so on.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Keep it slavic.

This. In my opinion, there are already enough forums on european heritage/culture/whatever which are moreover infested with all kinds of virtual trolls.

Anonymous

Keep it as it is :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

9 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Fia
  • jorgos
  • Oliver (TW BLOCK)
  • TypowaPolskaKobieta
  • Piachu
  • Tujev