• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    [img width=700 height=446]http://s17.postimg.org/or7iklg7z/pagan29n_2_web.jpg” />

Siberia – Figure is believed to be an ancient pagan god. A Siberian man looking for fish accidentally found a god. Nikolay Tarasov, 53, netted the extraordinary 4,000-year-old figurine while fishing in his hometown of Tisul, in Russia’s Kemerovo region.

The small object got tangled in his net and Tarasov was getting ready to chuck it back into the river when he glanced down to take another look.

That’s when he saw a face staring back up at him.

[img width=700 height=446]http://s10.postimg.org/jz7o4j4ax/pagan29n_3_web.jpg” />

“I stopped and washed the thing in the river and realized it wasn't a stone of an unusual shape, as I thought earlier, but a statuette,” the man told the Siberian Times.

The figure has a grim facial expression and round eyes. On the back, the carver has etched in plaited, wavy hair.

Tisul’s History Museum was stunned when Tarasov brought them the find. Experts said it was made out of horn that has fossizlied. They have dated it to the Bronze Age and believe it may have belonged to the Okunev or Samus cultures, a group of people thought to have inhabited Tisul in ancient times.

[img width=700 height=521]http://s7.postimg.org/4evp6j97f/pagan29n_1_web.jpg” />

“Quite likely, it shows a pagan god. The only things we have dated approximately to the same age are a stone necklace and two charms in the shapes of a bear and a bird,” said museum director Marina Banschikova.

Tarasov’s hunch about the object turned out to be right, but even he was surprised when he realized how old it was.

Anonymous

So who were the people using this statue? Slavs?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    So who were the people using this statue? Slavs?

It does look like an Slavic idol…but i guess there is also a big chance it's also some Siberian-Asiatic shamanism.

Anonymous

Very possible that Proto-Slavs make this. Same looks Slavic idol which was found in Siegersleben, Börde district, Germany.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Very possible that Proto-Slavs make this. Same looks Slavic idol which was found in Siegersleben, Börde district, Germany.

Indeed this looks identical just better preserved.

Anonymous

Now that's what I call an interesting info.

Anonymous

MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

(For some reason I've always wanted to say that.)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    HAHAHAHAHA
    WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

твърде много ракия a? :D

Anonymous
    Quote:
    твърде много ракия a? :D

Nah, I don't post while drunk if I can avoid it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

I dont get it.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I dont get it.

I have a habit of laughing at my own jokes.
    As for the expression itself, it's meant as a taunt towards a vanquished enemy.
    For example, when fighting a muslim, you can say "Allah can't save you now" etc.
    You can even do it to atheists: "Dawkins can't save you now, muahahaha" etc. It's the same principle :D
    You're asserting your ideological/spiritual superiority on top of whatever other superiority you've just confirmed – be that physical skill or your minesweeper skills. Works great in online games, for example.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Australian Santa
  • HicksGhostLDN
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • Shvo
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Das Rheinenfuchs