Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Marija N.
    Participant
    @marija_neshkoska

The Slavic mythology is full of deities, spirits, demons and alluring creatures. It is not our intention to scare you and make you look under your bed
    [See the full post at: Six Creepy Spirits and Creatures of Slavic Mythology You Could Encounter In Eastern Europe]

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

If I had to choose a way to die, I’d want to be killed by Rusalka. 🙂

BTW I think we should update Slavic mythology. It constantly evolves.

7. Gopnik

An evil spirit often depicted wearing an Adidas tracksuit, who lives in communist apartment blocks. He beats and robs visitors. In order to be safe in communist apartment blocks, people offer him sunflower seeds and vodka to calm him down.

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

Hah, I really wish the post reactions would be back! 😀

Серкан С.
    Participant
    @__3

There should be “Baba Yaga” too.

Kapitán Denis
    Participant
    @kapitan-denis

@__3 Baba Jaga is too mainstream. Nobody’s scared of her. Plus when you say her name, westerners think about John Wick. 😀

Velka Opice
    Participant
    @velkaopice

@kapitan-denis Nah, I think of this little monster toy of her I had when I was a kid. It was from a series of small rubber toys called Monster in my Pocket. Greatest toys ever, and my favorite was the werewolf. I think of that, and some witch my grandpa used to tell me spooky stories of, the ježibaba.

Also, vodnik kicks ass.

Иван Грујовић
    Participant
    @strelokputin187

Muma Paduri? 🙂

aaaaa
    Participant
    @aaaaa

Back in the 90s there were plenty of dodgy spirits. Not creepy though, I don’t think.

Shaokang
    Participant
    @shaokang

@aaaaa

You had to go to neighbouring SR Yugoslavia to see the actual creepy ones.

Dušan
    Participant
    @dusan

@shaokang just imagine if Bulgaria was part of SFR Yugoslavia too, what a collapse would that have been… And the spirits would be much creepier.

Shaokang
    Participant
    @shaokang

@dusan

Or there would some sort of smaller union between Serbia and Bulgaria, at least just for the period between 1990 to 2005, just to give the powerhouses of the East to recover and so both countries could preserve cultural and other identities of a nation, but now its pointless – each man for himself 🙂

Dušan
    Participant
    @dusan

@Shaokang nah, I think there would be some wort of Eastern FRY (Bulgaria and Macedonia) and Western FRY (Serbia and Montenegro)…

aaaaa
    Participant
    @aaaaa

@Shaokang I remember being able to buy genuine alcohol in Serbia in the 90s.

Shaokang
    Participant
    @shaokang

<div class=”bsp-mentions”>@aaaaa Well yeah, we never had problem with alcohol in the 90’s, but buying a bread, oil or sugar was sometimes quite challenging.</div>

NikeBG
    Participant
    @nikebg

Well, same here – I seem to remember some coupon system from when I was a kid (early 90s). Not to mention the winter of 96-97.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.