• This topic has 18 voices and 31 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

How many Slavic languages can you speak? At what level? And what Slavic languages would you like to learn in the future?

Anonymous

fleunt in czech and slovak. I could learn russian in far future, but besides russian (its practicaly a lingua franca in former soviet union area) , I dont find any other slavic language that much useful for me right now (I wont live in any slavic country, or non-czech/slovak slavic country)

Anonymous
    Quote:
    How many Slavic languages can you speak? At what level? And what Slavic languages would you like to learn in the future?

I'm fluent in Serbo-Croatian. Currently learning Russian, I've already got the pronunciation and the basic grammar. I hope to be able to read a whole book in Russian in a few years, their literature is very likeable  :)

Anonymous
    Quote:

Fluent in Serbian and Russian. I know Old Chruch Slavonic and Chruch Slavonic (I would say fluent, but given the fat that languages are dead… I will not). I could understand what was written in Bulgarian, Belorussian, Slovak, Slovene and Ukarinian.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    I know Old Chruch Slavonic and Chruch Slavonic

Where did you learn these languages?

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Where did you learn these languages?

Seminary and Theological Faculty.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Seminary and Theological Faculty.

Was it compulsory for your course?

Anonymous

Svevlad, it is liturgical language of Russian, Serbian and Bulgarian Orthodox Churhces. Of course it is compulsory.

Anonymous

I can speak four Slavic languages (Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin, Serbian ;D), and I'm currently learning Ukrainian.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    Svevlad, it is liturgical language of Russian, Serbian and Bulgarian Orthodox Churhces. Of course it is compulsory.

I'm not Christian, I don't know ::) I've only been to one church in my life, and it was a Protestant church.

Anonymous

Besides Croatian I know only a Slovene dialect :/ Though I speak 3 other non-Slavic languages.

I would definitely like to learn Ukrainian.

Anonymous

Slovene and little bit Serbo-cro. Without any learning i can understand other Slavs in their basics but that is realy just basic. :D

Anonymous

Bosnian, Serbian, Montenegrin, Croatian, understand quite Macedonian and Bulgarian, similar case with Slovenian, can understand 50% + of Slovak, Czech and even guess meaning in alien language known as Polish. :D Also, Russian, Ukrainian are quite understandable. My plan is to learn Ukrainian and Slovak in the next 10 years.

Anonymous

i can speak slovak, czech, and i understand rusyn. i also understand church slavic to a certain degree. about other slavic languages, some i understand more, some less.

Anonymous
    Quote:
    about other slavic languages, some i understand more, some less.

Keep in mind here that Yiddish is not a Slavic language :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • jorgos
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Piachu
  • haver25
  • Asafar ⵣⴰⴽⴰⵔⵉⴰ ⴰⵙⴰⴼⴰⵔ
  • GOGA